Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Habor Freight Motorcycle Lift

How easy is it to move this lift around, if need be? It does not come with an extended lift handle or anything like that to move it right? I ask because some other model have this feature which can be pretty handy.

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by OLSENSAN View Post
    How easy is it to move this lift around, if need be? It does not come with an extended lift handle or anything like that to move it right? I ask because some other model have this feature which can be pretty handy.
    The lift has two wheels and two casters. The easiest way to move it, when it is empty, is to raise it all the way up, so you don't have to bend over, and just push it around like a table with wheels on it (which it is).

Very easy.

Last edited by 98lee; 07-05-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by OLSENSAN View Post
    Well, yes it rolls, but not well enough to make you want to push it very far unless the surface is very smooth. It is going to damage any type of painted surface you roll it over. I roll mine about 4', against the side of the garage when I choose to have more floor space in my tiny garage.

You can see how tiny the castor is in the pic. It is that tiny black thing.

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    The title of this thread is Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift. Any chance we can stay with that concept?
    OM
    +1

I picked one up a few months ago and really like. It sure makes it easy to work on the bike and really saves the old back. And when you aren't working on the bike & need another table in the garage it comes in handy for that too. I got it for $300 with coupon and think it's worth every penny.

Question, tho...the wheel chock that comes with it leaves a lot to be desired. I've read that there's another motorcycle chock from HF that works much better. I've found 3 or 4 of them on their site but can someone tell me which one (by part number) is best to use?
    1983 R100RS (Sold)
    2004 R1150RT
    BMW MOA 181289
    ABC 13558

Olsensan...as answered, it can be rolled after lowering stabilizer feet, but, it's kinda heavy and doesn't always roll exactly where you want it as the larger wheels are not casters. Just the small set.
    Markaz, I'll see if there's a part number...I ended up just using the u-bolts and tie-down straps when I need the extra security. The larger vise clamp always seems to be in the way of wheel removal on the front, and the roll-in chock seems to do the same if any front wheel work is desired.

Quote Originally Posted by billy walker View Post
    It was a sale that took place at Harbor Freight 3 1/2 years ago. I'm assuming there aren't many on the forum that have much experience as to the differences nor the quality in lifts. Good be wrong on that. I'm also assuming that specific lift is no longer available although I don't know that for fact. Thought the info might be helpful to others. Presenting various options is usually considered helpful. Is there a problem with that?
    You know some assumptions may be quite wrong...

We have been chatting lifts regularly here for some time. There are lot's of opinions between brands, most wrenchy types DO know the differences and quality of lifts and this model does what they want.

Same lift basically for the last 7 years from Harbor Freight that I know about.

I have 3 one is a buddies that I store/use all the time as well.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    it can be rolled after lowering stabilizer feet
    I think you mean raising the stabilizer feet.

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    seems to be in the way of wheel removal on the front, and the roll-in chock seems to do the same if any front wheel work is desired.
    I put a platform scissor jack under the center of the bike and raise it enough to remove the rotating portion of my chock -- about a 10 second job with my Condor chock. That gives me plenty of room for some front wheel work. When I need more room it takes about 20 more seconds to remove the vertical portion of the chock. The condor is quite good that way. If I need access to the rear wheel the same scissor jack can raise the bike enough for me to lower the center stand by hand. When I lower the jack so the bike is on the center stand. I also have some U bolts at the front of the lift to tie down the front end if needed.

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by billy walker View Post
    Let's see if I can this correctly this time. Not as inexpensive as Harbor Freight but maybe better quality?

http://www.klsupply.com/
    The CHEAPEST K&L goes for about $1600 with some of them over $2000! To say that you've missed the point of this thread is an understatement.

Any of us could find a quality lift if we were willing/able to spend that kind of money. There are dozens of companies out there, but that's not the point of this thread.

This thread is about a $300 lift. If you know of a similar priced lift, we're all ears.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

For those who like to follow billy in his in-depth debate on the subject of motorcycle lifts, I moved them to a thread of his own-
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...-debate-thread
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    I think you mean raising the stabilizer feet.

I put a platform scissor jack under the center of the bike and raise it enough to remove the rotating portion of my chock -- about a 10 second job with my Condor chock. That gives me plenty of room for some front wheel work. When I need more room it takes about 20 more seconds to remove the vertical portion of the chock. The condor is quite good that way. If I need access to the rear wheel the same scissor jack can raise the bike enough for me to lower the center stand by hand. When I lower the jack so the bike is on the center stand. I also have some U bolts at the front of the lift to tie down the front end if needed.

I did mean raise...
    On some of our bikes, there isn't a "good " place to use a scissor jack...some I have done that with however. I also use some PitBull lifts on the HF table ...like on the R12S and K12S w/out centerstands
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Rally Rat

On sale for $299

The current, Cycle World, Aug 2013, has the HF lift coupon for $299.

Well if you were looking to buy one of these lifts, according to the flyer I just received, they are $299.99 again- with coupon.
    It's a deal....I'm working out a way to put wings on mine so something like the lawn tractor will fit.
    Good luck. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

13. 08-26-2013, 08:30 PM

And I have one for $299.99...
    1983 R100RS (Sold)
    2004 R1150RT
    BMW MOA 181289
    ABC 13558

The $299 coupon is readily available in Cycleworld, Motorcyclist, Rider, etc. It has been appearing monthly, or bimonthly, for several years. A simple trip to your magazine seller will get you the coupon. It is a good lift for $299.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

front chock

markaz,The front chock you are looking for is 60392 or 69026.I bought one for the lift and one for the pickup truck.With a coupon for20% off of course.I think they may be made in China.