Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cross country

bunkyone
    Hey all; I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned U.S. 33 as a prime east-west highway. It's about as scenic and twisty as you can get through West Virginia and Ohio. (There's plenty of two lane "triple digit" highways in Ohio that would be fun to ride as well.) Once you get west of Athens the road gets pretty boring though. Lots of nice twisties through southern Indiana I'm told.... Good luck, and be safe.Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    US50 through Indiana is OK, but you should stick to the Ohio River for a more scenic and 'twisty' ride. US50 goes through Cincy, OH along the River. When you get to IN, follow the Scenic Road signs for a better ride. You'll go through Madison on your way through.

If it were me, I would use the Ohio River as a landmark from PA all the way through Ill. It's something that I've wanted to do. You could drop into Northern KY, too. There's lots of nice roads in S. IN and N. KY.
    The western route thru IN prior to I-64 was via 50/150.I live in KY and think it a better choice than the river road-opinion only of course...