Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recall: BMW K1300GT and K1300S 2009-2010

danieldwr

Unhappy K1300GT Still Stalling after latest remap.

I have had the remap done on my K1300GT and it still stalls when coming to a stop. Also, it dropped my gas mileage from 44MPG to 37 MPG. I am going to bring it in next week. The service writer said that they are out of fixes for the problem. I hope that I get a nice demo because I really do not want the bike back until it is fixed. Three of the stalls that I have had nearly caused accidents. The stalling is extremely dangerous. If BMW doesn't get this fixed it is just a matter of time before someone gets run over............

Quote Originally Posted by JerryAttrick View Post
    I'm a long way from the nearest dealer, so...
    If I had one of those diagnostic plug-ins, and
    If there was a cooperative dealer,
    could this software be loaded at home?
    Short answer, no -- firmware updates are always made with the bike hooked up to the GT-1 (the Big Momma BMW diagnostic computer). Unfortunately, these systems are not set up to be updated like you can update the firmware in the DVD drive in your PC (or Mac, if that's your persuasion).

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    POOR FUEL QUALITY MAY LEAD TO SMALL DEPOSITS WITHIN THE THROTTLE BODIES. DURING ENGINE OPERATION IN A LOW RPM RANGE, TYPICALLY NEAR IDLE SPEED (WHEN COMING TO A STOP) AIR FLOW COULD BE SUFFICIENTLY RESTRICTED AND ENGINE STALLING COULD OCCUR.
    Wow!! A software fix for "small deposit"clogged TB's! Kind of sounds like the fix just parks the TB's open a crack further to overcome the low flow condition, akin to holding the throttle open a crack to overcome a slightly clogged pilot jet on a carburetted engine.
    "You must be fast, 'cause I was hauling *** when I passed you!"

Maybe we should start a Poll on how many have opened there throttle wide open all out 100%, and # of times per day doing this - then a percentage of total mileage on bike compared to all out at 100% throttle. Just Curious is all---
    My 2007 with 15000 miles has never had issues and i run 100% all out at least twice for as long as there is enough road and I know it would be less than 1% of my total mileage..

Oil warning light

Just had the recall software updates done to my 09GT, they also changed out the switches for both sides. Had them do the 6k service as well, The bike only has 4500 on it but I wanted to get it done now.

I would have thought by now the software that was installed would be the latest version and it should not have any problems. I had waited long enough to get it done so they could get it right. This Bike has not had any stalling problems so far.

Nope that would have been to easy, halfway home ( 50miles ) OIL warning lamp came up, checked the level and it was fine. Checked it again when I got home, no problems with the oil, contacted the dealer the next morning and they seemed unclear on what they need to do next.

I guess I need to do another 200 plus round trip to get it fixed again, anybody else still having issues with the low oil lamp, and if fixed what was done. Any more surprises that I should be ready for?

Thanks
    Rich G.

Mendocino, CA USA about as far left as you can get in the lower 48
    I am surprised this happened to you. The Oil Lamp warning is a KNOWN issue with the download for GTs, does not happen with the S. When I took mine in, I was the first S at my dealer and we discussed the Oil light issue already well documented here on this site and others. They said their experience was that they sometimes had to download the software, then if there were issues (and they implied they were immediate) they would then copy the software back from the bike and send it to either NJ or Germany (I dont recall), and then the software guys would go through it on a case by case basis and 'fix' it for that bike and send it back to the dealer. This could sometimes take more than the one day trip and my bike might not be ready till the following day.....So, this was back in February. Your dealer should be in touch with BMWNA on this. My bike was ready in a couple of hours, but my dealer has had bikes that could not be completed in one day due to the turnaround time on the software.
    Jim Douglas '00 K1200RS >135,000 miles my primary bike again,
    Gone: '09 K1300S sold @ 22k mi, '93 K1100RS traded @ 78k mi, '85 K100RS sold @ 44k mi
    '06 Kaw 650R track bike sold
    http://www.seagullbb.com/