Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Aerostich Purchasing Experience

RwageR

Aerostitch

Best customer service, bar none, than any other company I've ever done business with. Rwage

Aerostich loveletter

I'm on my fourth Aerostich and finally got it right. (Luckily I've been able to sell every other one on Craig's list, after using them nearly a year each for $500.) I'm 6'3", 196 pounds. A 42 long was too tight, a 44 long was loose and a little short, a 46 long made me feel like the Michelin man. Finally got a two piece roadcrafter. Got 42 long on the bottom, a two-inch extension piece that zips between jacket and pants, and a 44 long top. Now I don't 'cheat' any more, riding in blue-jeans. The suit is trim, flexible, and the Aerostich people are a treat to deal with.
    On another issue, I didn't understand the whole to-do about "cheating" the UPS. I couldn't find where the man said he'd cheated them at all. Color me stupid, but I thought that he had been straight out---ordered a suit to "try on" (told 'em he was doing that); customized it over the phone with 'em, sent it back and got his custom deal and they gave him the tracking number. Did I miss something?

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfzendog
    On another issue, I didn't understand the whole to-do about "cheating" the UPS. I couldn't find where the man said he'd cheated them at all. Color me stupid, but I thought that he had been straight out---ordered a suit to "try on" (told 'em he was doing that); customized it over the phone with 'em, sent it back and got his custom deal and they gave him the tracking number. Did I miss something?
    The post originally had some information in it about how to not have to pay return shipping. That section has been editted out.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Quote Originally Posted by Rwage
    Best customer service, bar none, than any other company I've ever done business with. Rwage

Same here. They rock. :super
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

ian408

Me Too--Me Too!

Actually, I just ordered a meanie expecting several days turn (I opted
    for the slow boat shipping). Two days later, boom. It's here.

Same with my RC. I've bought a ton-o-stuff from them over the years and
    they've never failed to meet my expectations with regard to service. In fact,
    even when it's been MY mistake, they've exceeded my expectations.

If you haven't looked at the Combat Touring Boots, you should

Ian

DZIMBRIC

Selling the wife

Quote Originally Posted by Burnszilla
    When selling my wife on any motorcycle.... She was sold.
    Cliffy. I didn't see where he was ripping off UPS. What I want to know is what kind of bike and what is the going rate for a wife. Do you think he used e-bay?

Burnszilla, Nice suit, you will probally start a whole new fad. That just the way I would of order it.

Buzzed and Belligerent gambrinus's Avatar
    I'll toss in a second vote for the "Burnzilla Custom" suit. It is also the way I'd order one.

I'm starting to lay out some plans for Lima and will be stopping in Duluth (if they aren't at Lima)...

Any way to find out if Aerostich will be at Lima? (other than calling and asking)

RW
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" B. Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by gambrinus

I'm starting to lay out some plans for Lima and will be stopping in Duluth (if they aren't at Lima)...

Any way to find out if Aerostich will be at Lima? (other than calling and asking)

RW
    I would suggest an email to the Vendor Rally Chair for Lima. Or a post in Rally Forum, perhaps the vendor chair is " listening"
    Tina Swider
    Sled Dog Touring Team
    Any bike I want that is in the garage

Encumbered by employment BouncinBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gambrinus

RW
    I have not seen them at a national in the last several years, but then I haven't gone to all of them either. If they were there great, but if you walk in at Deluth, you get a discount. I have gotten a discount by "totaling" a suit, they give you a discount on the replacement, but I suspect riding to Deluth is easier, more fun and hurts less. In my experience, totaling the suit doesn't hurt too badly thanks to the suit sacrificing itself, but I still recomend riding to Deluth.
    Bouncin Bob Malehorn
    Treasurer - BMWMOA
    Mentor OH
    98 K12RS RIP
    02 K12RS
    03 R1150R Hers
    69 H1

I love my Darien -- ride with it always

I bought a Darien last summer, both jacket, pants and electric liner. I absolutely love it, have done 5000 miles in it so far. Mine has been waterproof, good down to the low 40s up to the high 80s. I feel very visible, very protected, and very comfortable in it.

I have a Gerbing jacket for really cold days, and prob my only complaint about the 'Stitch is the amount of heat output by the liner -- it's not enough for cold Hudson Valley weather.

Don't forget to use Scotchguard

One thing that I have learned in my 18 years with a Aerostich is to spray Scotchguard or some other waterproofing agent on your suit about twice a year. You should always spray a suit after it has been washed, but even if you do not wash the suit ("do you smell something? " ), you should spray some waterproofing on the suit once or twice a year. The stuff wears off the suit and eventually, you will get wet in places you did not want to get wet. I have learned from my mistakes!
    Onward, through the fog!

Stuff2c
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy777
    Neat story on how to rip off UPS. What do you do for a living? You have the money to overnight a shoulder badge but resort to trickery to return the suit when you agreed to have it shipped to you for a trial and then return it? Tsk-tsk.
    Pardon my tone but I am unimpressed and I think the moderators should have deleted the "tip" on how to steal from a service provider.
    Anyone figured out how I can get a free 'Stitch to ride in?
    He without sin cast the first stone.