Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Keith Code (CSS School) - BMW S1000RR

  1. #1
    Registered User 85138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Balt Burbs MD
    Posts
    247

    Keith Code (CSS School) - BMW S1000RR

    Whoo Hoo ... just got an e-mail from CA Superbike School announcing their 2010 schedule and lo and beyold, to my pleasant surprise a BMW S1000RR featured in the logo graphic. Did I see right?

    I've taken several of their classes with the rented Ninja 600cc. They didn't give much detail but I'm assuming the S1000RR would be an option/extra and not replace the 600cc fleet (given the expense and challenge of riding such a potent machine)

    Part of me is apprehensive ... that's a whole lotta powah. But if I were to ride such a beast, the track is the only place that makes sense to me.

    http://www.superbikeschool.com/

    I'm excited!

  2. #2
    Focused kbasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Marin By God County, California
    Posts
    11,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Whoo Hoo ... just got an e-mail from CA Superbike School announcing their 2010 schedule and lo and beyold, to my pleasant surprise a BMW S1000RR featured in the logo graphic. Did I see right?

    I've taken several of their classes with the rented Ninja 600cc. They didn't give much detail but I'm assuming the S1000RR would be an option/extra and not replace the 600cc fleet (given the expense and challenge of riding such a potent machine)

    Part of me is apprehensive ... that's a whole lotta powah. But if I were to ride such a beast, the track is the only place that makes sense to me.

    http://www.superbikeschool.com/

    I'm excited!
    Why only the track?
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

    Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

  3. #3
    Registered User 85138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Balt Burbs MD
    Posts
    247

    No suitable roads

    Ain't got the roads here for that baby. (Western, NY)

    Of course if I were in some lovely parts of Cali, might be a different story. And I'm trying to be uncharacteristically rational.

  4. #4
    K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Urbana, IL
    Posts
    3,710
    I'm sure I could tour on it...
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

  5. #5
    Focused kbasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Marin By God County, California
    Posts
    11,639
    Quote Originally Posted by cjack View Post
    I'm sure I could tour on it...
    My touring would involve 40 miles between stops, with liberal amounts of coffee and baked goods at each stop.

    Do you think I could wear my Aerostich while riding that thing?
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

    Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

  6. #6
    BUBBAZANETTI
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post

    Do you think I could wear my Aerostich while riding that thing?
    i believe when it come's to Aerostiches, a S1000RR is considered an accessory faux pas

  7. #7
    Registered User 58058D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mendocino, CA USA about as far left as you can get in the lower 48
    Posts
    731
    Totally new sponsorship after Kaw trimmed costs two years ago. New 2 yr deal with BMW.

    Here is the RoadracingWorld.com link for their story:

    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=38803

    27 S1000RR bikes and 4 F800 bikes.

    My son will be really excited as he is almost ready to order an S1000RR to go with his hotted up S-4 Duc (someone torched his R11S Boxer Replica for fun one night...).
    Jim Douglas '00 K1200RS >135,000 miles my primary bike again,
    Gone: '09 K1300S sold @ 22k mi, '93 K1100RS traded @ 78k mi, '85 K100RS sold @ 44k mi
    '06 Kaw 650R track bike sold
    http://www.seagullbb.com/

  8. #8
    Registered User 85138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Balt Burbs MD
    Posts
    247
    Ahhhh .... Full fleet!. Hope that doesn't portend a price increase. That's pretty potent stuff. I guess the electronics could help mitigate some of the issues w/ such powerful machinery. Perhaps they could run the S1000RR's in 'Rain Mode' to keep things manageable for the Level I & II classes or early sessions .. then progress up to Street or Sport mode.

    F800's would make a great learning tool especially if they modify or upgrade the front suspension.

  9. #9
    Registered User I-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beacon, NY
    Posts
    40
    my beloved, Ms. I-man has been to two of Keith's sessions this year...in NJ and CA..i know she wants to go back, perhaps this would be my motivation to ride the S1000RR
    BMWMOA #152104

    2009 BMW G650GS
    2006 Honda Big Ruckus

  10. #10
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,536
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    My touring would involve 40 miles between stops, with liberal amounts of coffee and baked goods at each stop.

    Do you think I could wear my Aerostich while riding that thing?
    you need that little zip-in insert, otherwise you get a wedgie.

    and wedgies are not cool in the sportbike world.

    you, as a slave to fashion, have certainly noticed the baggy-assed style of riding gear seen in moto-gp. wedgies simply won't do.

    ian

    ps => my touring would involve 60-80 mile stretches followed by extended periods of hiding in bushes until all the, um, patrol had dispersed.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    ps => my touring would involve 60-80 mile stretches followed by extended periods of hiding in bushes until all the, um, patrol had dispersed.
    THAT explains the camo paint job!

    Rod

  12. #12
    criminaldesign
    Guest
    Just signed up for my first class, May 17 in Virginia.

    My Dad's done 5 of Codes classes so I'll join him on this excursion.

    Hung around the NJ class he was in last August and caught a spark.

    And looks like we get to ride uber beemer. I'd be happy to the ride the Kaws regardless. Either way should be fun and educational.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •