Thread: N.O.S. (New Old Stock)

N.O.S. (New Old Stock)

Hi,

I joined MOA back in the 80's when living in the Bahamas and travelling to the States for work commitments. Have been a Life Member since then.

Started riding BM's in the 70's on a new R60/6 (doesn't time fly when your having fun) even spending our honeymoon at the Isle of Man TT races and then southern France on our 1977 R100S - should never have sold it - and have ridden ever since.

Presently riding a 1998 R1100RT and a 1973 SWB R75/5 (which has its own story).

Finally getting around to introducing myself after lurking on the site for some time reading other intro's etc.

Anybody visiting the UK and wanting information on the beautiful N.E. ( York Minster, Durham Cathedral and the fabulous riding nearby ) feel free to get in touch.

Will try and post pics when I work out how to re-size them to suit the parameters.

Cheers,

John.

Welcome -

And as a guy from good (presumed) English stock I should visit...... And try and avoid the instinct to ride on the proper side of the road lest I get run over.

On the photos, most of us simply use a service like Photobucket - upload them there and paste the link in. Better than trying to resize pictures.

Bryan Whitehead
    Chicago

BUBBAZANETTI
    welcome to the forum! i lived just (yes, i realize "justs" vary from country to country) over the "border" in Stirling for a bit back around the turn of the century. i think i may have rode a moped there once, but it was dark and i was confused.

JAMESDUNN
    Good to have you! I would love to ride around your part of the world sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti View Post
    welcome to the forum! i lived just (yes, i realize "justs" vary from country to country) over the "border" in Stirling for a bit back around the turn of the century. i think i may have rode a moped there once, but it was dark and i was confused.
    Hi, Derek,
    It's a small world. I lived in Ireland in the late '70's and once had to visit our (at the time) factories in Falkirk and Sterling.
    Ride Safe,
    Phil Marvin - El Paso, TX
    '94 K75A/3
    '95 K75RTP

Welcome back - lot's has changed and plenty of stuff to do

Check in often
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing the pic of your bike.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.