Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Bike Cruller

I am still taking a break from my normal routine; however; I did come across a Bike Cruller today that answers a request posted early in the life of this thread. I hope you enjoy it with your morning coffee.

This was the first Bike Cruller in this thread.

When asked if I had a picture of the entire bike I replied I did not. I have been searching and following various sources and threads I follow. I found these two over on 8Negro.

I have some feelers out but can tell you nothing about the bike beyond posting these new pictures. I will let you know when and if I know more.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

I love long sexy exhaust pipes all the way up to a nice symmetrical rearend.

Sadly the bike is not in my class, it would neeed a 5'4" rider who is 135 lbs.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Wednesday, December 30

WSBK et al.

sportrider.com: AMA Pro Roadracing ÔÇô Looking back looking ahead

Formula 1 and 

autosport.com: Piero Ferrari ÔÇô Schumacher not disloyal

crash.net: Stefan GP car ÔÇÿpasses crash testsÔÇÖ

motor21.com: Piquet Jr. buys a seat with Campos

On the Street

Some of these seem a bit of a stretch but Hell for Leather Magazine lists and explains ten reasons we should be excited about electric motorcycles.

cyrilhuzeblog.com: The best choice right now. Bank repossessed motorcycles.
    On one level this has always been an interesting idea as a way to buy a project bike; on another it points to another form of market inventory that must be worked through before manufacturers will begin to show increased sales figures.
    -related-
    argusleader.com: Repo man uses handcuffs, stun gun to take mans Harley-Davidson
    The comments from readers are the fun part of this story.

knucklebusterinc.com: Care and use of a micrometer

utlimatemotorcycling.com: 2010 BMW K1300GT motorcycle review

motorcyclenews.com: NeevesyÔÇÖs predicted 2010 top five motorcycles.
    Hmm what are yours?

motorcycle-usa.com: Cornerspin ÔÇô Getting roadracing dirty

motorcycle.com: 2010 KTM 1190 RC8R Review
    The Austrians go Duc hunting

moto-station.com: a brief review of the Triumph Tiger

world.honda.com: Riding across Five Continents
    A photo journal from Honda

At one time I did watch the OCC boys and enjoyed it, even learned a couple of things that could be transferred to other areas. I gave up when the dysfunctional family stuff got in the way, way to much. Just when you didnÔÇÖt think the Tutles couldnÔÇÖt be any more dysfunctional this comes along. ]tmz.com ÔÇô O.C. Choppers ÔÇô Dad sues gearhead son.

RedmondSpokesman

xkcd.com

motobastards.com

Bike Cruller

Bob
    Wow, those old art-deco era stamped steel bikes look a lot like full size tinplate toys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

AMA Pro Racing Press Release December 29

Roger Edmondson to Leave AMA Pro Racing

DAYTONA BEACH, FL (December 30, 2009) - Roger Edmondson will be leaving his position as Chairman, Managing Member and Chief Executive Officer of AMA Pro Racing effective January 1, 2010.

Edmondson, a pioneer in motorcycle racing and one of the original Managing Members of the AMA Pro Racing organization, will be leaving to deal with some unforeseen health issues that necessitate his full attention.

"Roger's health is first and foremost in our minds," said David Atlas, Chief Operating Officer, AMA Pro Racing. "Roger's significant, multi-decade contribution to motorcycle racing is well known but nothing is more important than his health."

Edmondson will available to consult with the management of AMA Pro Racing but his official duties will be reallocated among the other current Managing Members, David Atlas, Tom Bledsoe and Chris Harris.

The 2010 AMA Pro Racing season will again open at the famous Daytona International Speedway, March 3-5, headlined by the Daytona 200 held under the lights at the 2.5-mile World Center of Racing followed by a full season of Road Racing, Flat Track and Motocross events.

Thursday, December 31

WSBK et al.

motorcycle-usa.com: Zemke to Jordan Suzuki ÔÇô AMA Pro Racing 2010

Dakar

The date line on this article is December 21 makes it old news but yet a good way to begin my limited coverage of Dakar 2010.
    tbam.com: Dakar almost here

moto-station.com: Dakar 2010: The BMW 450 will she measure up?

onewheeldrive.net: Street heads to South America for 2010 ÔÇ£El DakaroÔÇØ

motorcycle-usa.com: Dakar Rally route details

flagworld.com: Dakar ÔÇô It all starts at La Rural

BMW PressClub/Argentina (translation by bing) Cages

X-raid Team presented alongside total team involved the Dakar Rally Argentina Chile 2010.
    Press release
    After a successful sponsorship during the 2009 Dakar, TOTAL is once again the official sponsor of the team X-Raid BMW Team, led by Sven Quandt, Director General of the computer. This computer was presenting yesterday to the press in the Dakar Village.

Team that competes with BMW X 3 CC units are vast international experience pilots:

St?®phane Peterhansel and Jean-Paul Cottret
    Nani Roma and Michel Perin Guerlain Chicherit and Tina Th?Ârner.
    Leonid Novitskiy and Andreas Schulz.
    Total will bring all its expertise in logistics, fuels and lubricants is concerned, provide support to the team during the next Rally Dakar Argentina Chile 2010.

In addition, TOTAL official sponsor of the Dakar Rally by 18th consecutive year, has accompanied this legendary event in these years providing fuel during the entire route, being the only oil company capable of supplying the most inhospitable places in the world.

Sven Quandt statements
    "After our successful experience in 2009, is again a pleasure for the X-raid team visit this region for the 2010 version of Argentina Chile Dakar Rally, the greatest challenge of the new year." "We are convinced that cooperation with total will lead to very positive results and cannot wait to cross the line of rulebook and transform our joint efforts into a reality."

Statements Diego Tricci
    "For TOTAL is a great satisfaction be X-raid Team sponsor for the second consecutive year." "The 2009 Dakar threw as a result an excellent experience and complementarity, being this year, without a doubt one of the teams is planned as a serious candidate to get first place".

Check out the official promotion video of the Dakar 2010 Argentina&Chile (NL version) - "Same places, new adventure!" (video created by the A.S.O. Dakar Organization Committee)

Formula 1 and 

f1technical.net: Points for pole position and fastest lap in 2010?

On the Street

I was zipping through my feeds when I came to Motorcycle Picture of the Day : BMW R100CS and wondered where have I seen this picture before? Maybe here? The bike may be located in ÔÇ£Marin By God County, CaliforniaÔÇØ but my bet is the picture is going viral across the internet.

bmwblog.com is a cage blog. They have a little piece about the S1000RR titled ÔÇ£BMW flouts politics and unleashes a monster.ÔÇØ The article centers around the MCN dyno test previously posted in this thread showing the S to be the current production hp bike king. BLAH BLAH BLAH What really caught my attention was this paragraph.

ÔÇ£The demographic BMW are targeting with this bike are not ÔÇÿnew learnerÔÇÖ teenagers, in fact, BMW refuse to sell their high output motorcycles to anyone short of experience on medium class bikes. My local Toronto Motorrad dealer takes pride in this policy, and as a Toronto Medic, IÔÇÖm proud of them for it.ÔÇØ

This is the first that I have heard of this. Are any Canadian members aware of this?

Buell.com is up and running even if the company is not. Along with deep discounts and a two year unlimited mileage warranty they have added a bike locator feature to the site to help you find out were the last ones are in the US. 1277 left as I write this. Check it out an see how many are left when you visit the site.

Normally there are several dealer threads running on the forum at any given time. They cover a variety of issues, complaints and rants. Dealernews has a piece for dealers on how they can protect themselves from pollution liability. The article has a link to a bulletin from Zurich the insurance company. Naturally they want to sell insurance to dealers but for this threads readers it will give an insight into the issues dealers face with pollution and some ideas to manage them that we could possibly adapt to our own garages.

Cutting edge technology that is taken into manufacturing often turns into bleeding edge technology that ends up on the floor of a bankruptcy court. That is where Vectrix Electrics found themselves July of this year after being an early leader in developing scooters and their impressive electric superbike. AutoblogGreen is running a story that GP Batteries has purchased the company for a modest $5 million dollars consisting of cash and debt assumption. What they will do with the company, scooters and the electric superbike is unknown.

A link from a reader ÔÇô BMW motorcycle technology for the physically handicapped bikers.flv

thedesignblog.org: All mountain wheelchair brings sporty spirit to the physically impaired.

ifitshiitshere.blogspot.com: Wood Sculpters that look like anything but. The work of Ricky Swallow
    :jaw

RedmondSpokesman

xkcd.com

motobastards.com

Bike Cruller

TodayÔÇÖs cruller is a classic by Tony Foale by way of The New Caf?® Racer Society.

Tonyfoale.com / Articles
    Breaking the Mold
    Italian Job
    Biography

Additional pictures

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    WSBK et al. ÔÇ£The demographic BMW are targeting with this bike are not ÔÇÿnew learnerÔÇÖ teenagers, in fact, BMW refuse to sell their high output motorcycles to anyone short of experience on medium class bikes. My local Toronto Motorrad dealer takes pride in this policy, and as a Toronto Medic, IÔÇÖm proud of them for it.ÔÇØ
    The day I see a dealer decline a sale to a paying customer, I'll $#!+ a brick.

WSBK et al.

Davide Tardozzi, former Ducati SBK manager signs a deal with BMW! Official announcement is expected in early January!

speedweek.de: Tardozzi to make the pace by BMW

crash.net: Corser reveals his final career goal

Looks like we are in for an interesting year in WSBK!

Friday, January 01, 2010

racinglambrettas.com: An interview with the Ancillotti Borthers

WSBK et al.

caradisiac.com: Matthieu Lussiana to race the S1000RR in Stock 1000

MotoGP

motorsport.com: 2010 MotoGP schedule

Dakar

asphaltandrubber.com: Aprilia RXV 4.5 Dakar unveiled for 2010

Mendoza, Argentina. This city is located in the center west of the country. The new edition of RALLY DAKAR it will be take place in 2010. This video is property of Secretaria de Turismo de Mendoza ...

Rally Dakar 2010 Argentina Chile - Arrival of teams and technical inspection, Buenos Aires, December 28, 2009

moto22.com: Like turning on the G450X motorcycle rally affordable

AMA Pro Racing

motorcycle-usa.com: 2010 AMA Supercross television schedule

superbikeplanet: Editorial ÔÇô Expletive deleted: Unfinished business

roadracingworld.com: First Person/Opinion: Roger EdmondsonÔÇÖs departure gives AMA Pro Racing one last chance

Formula 1 and 

confidential-renault.fr: Heidfeld to Renault F1?

itv-f1: James AllenÔÇÖs review of the year

joesaward..com: A New Years look at Formula 1 in 2010

guardian.co.uk: Decade in sport: F1 in the naughties

On the Street

see the rest on www.westcoastchoppers.com

knucklebusterinc.com: Build your own air compressor

Dunlop Tire Changing Guide via motorcycle-usa.com

freep.com: Declining dealers
    Motorcycle dealers are not the only ones that are declining in numbers.

RedmondSpokesman

xkcd.com

motobastards.com

Bike Cruller

Bob
    Nice cruller!

I am glad to see american roadracing washing its hands of Roger Edmundson, but fear it may be a case of too little, too late. The damage done is teetering on the edge of total.
    It seems to me, that the France family's business plan is to sow seeds of self-destruction in any (two or four wheeled) race series competing with NASCAR, to lure away the big-name draws, and kill business at any venue which isn't in their pocket, and to dominate TV coverage. The trick to building a monopoly isn't to eliminate the competition directly, but to make it look like an accident.

Monday, January 11

I am starting the new year by doing a bunch of catching up. Here are a couple of things from BMW.

WSBK et al.

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - New team management for Superbike World Championship.
    ÔÇó 07.01.2010
    ÔÇó Press Release
    New team management for the Superbike World Championship.
    BMW Motorrad Motorsport and Davide Tardozzi reach agreement.

Munich/Stephanskirchen, 07January 2010. BMW Motorrad Motorsport is restructuring its team management in the Superbike World Championship. Davide Tardozzi (50) has been appointed to a senior position at Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport with immediate effect. The Italian will head up team management and operational control at the race tracks in the Superbike World Championship.

Up to now, Rainer B?ñumel (43) has been responsible for engineering, team management and team organisation in his capacity as BMW Motorrad Motorsport Project Manager in the Superbike World Championship. B?ñumel will continue as Head of Project Management and Project Management Engineering.

The collaboration between BMW Motorrad Motorsport and Tardozzi is part of a package of measures aimed at optimising the competitiveness of BMW Motorrad Motorsport in the Superbike World Championship. In his role as Team Manager, Tardozzi will look after the operational management of the team at races and tests, act as an interface between the team and the promoters and organisers of the Superbike World Championship, and provide a link to suppliers.

ÔÇ£I am delighted finally to be able to announce our partnership with Davide Tardozzi,ÔÇØ said BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director Berthold Hauser. ÔÇ£The new structure ensures that the team will be well set up for the future. Team management and team organisation are important areas in which we can see further potential for improvement. The key here is to approach every situation in a structured and target-led way. This applies to both general processes and tactical decisions with a direct influence over performance. With his many years of experience in the sport, Davide will play a decisive role here. At the same time, the restructuring will allow Rainer B?ñumel to fully focus on the core areas of overall project management and engineering.ÔÇØ

Tardozzi said: ÔÇ£I imagine a lot of people will be surprised to hear of my decision to join BMW. However, for me the decision was simple. I had offers from MotoGP, but my heart is in the Superbike World Championship and I feel at home here. BMW Motorrad Motorsport is a young and hungry team, and that gives me the challenge I have been looking for. IÔÇÖm looking forward to working behind the scenes to the benefit of the team. I know that I can fulfil this role at BMW. Of course, already knowing our riders Troy and Ruben well makes my job easier. 2010 will be a tough year, as there are many good riders and teams in the Superbike World Championship. Nevertheless, I firmly believe that BMW can take a big step forward over the coming year.ÔÇØ

Tardozzi rode in motorcycle races himself from 1984 to 1992. In his first two seasons he competed in the 250 cc World Championship and later moved to the Superbike class. He finished third in the 1988 Superbike World Championship after racking up five race wins, and in 1991 he secured the European Superbike Championship title. Tardozzi has remained involved ÔÇô and continued to enjoy success ÔÇô in motorcycle racing since bringing the curtain down on his career as a rider. Since 1995, as a team principal, he has won a total of nine manufacturersÔÇÖ titles and eight ridersÔÇÖ titles in the Superbike World Championship.

On the Street

Motorrad sales showed the only negative sales numbers as the BMW Group reported a December world wide sales increase of 10.1% for the group. All of the auto brands show sales increases for the closing month of what will be a down year for all segments.

BMW Motorrad sold 5,360 bikes world wide in December 2009, down 28.1% from their 2008 sales of 7,457 units. Preliminary year to date numbers show BMW selling 87,306 bikes. This is down 14.1% from the 101,685 sold in 2008.

No sales numbers for the US market have been released. BMW Canada did release numbers and shows y-t-d Motorrad sales of 1830 units and closed strongly in December selling 66 units for a 43% increase over 2008.

BMW Motorrad Canada finished the year with a total of 1,830 motorcycles sold, an increase of 4 per cent over 2008. December sales of 66 units represent a 43 per cent decrease in sales over the same period last year.

The auto section of the transportation industry appears to have found bottom and is showing signs of increases. Japanese manufacturers joined BMW in reporting improved auto sales in recent months. The US manufacturers are showing signs they have found bottom. Commercial vehicle sales are still showing negative numbers in Europe, Japan and NA but this segment too is showing signs of finding the bottom. Motorcycle sales are the one segment that continues in a sales free fall in most markets.

RedmondSpokesman

xkcd.com

motobastards.com

Bike Cruller

The guys at Imperialcycles are at it again with Goldie their recent winner for best motorized bicycle at SF Ride Bike Expo 2009. I get a big smile every time their RSS feed lights up.

Tuesday, January 12

WSBK et al.

The 2009 WSBK season kicked off in South Africa. The 2010 season gets underway this year at Portimao next week. The Portuguese track, the venue for the final round of the 2009 season three months ago, will once again be the location for the year's first World Superbike and World Supersport action as all the top teams and riders prepare for the coming season.

A total of fourteen hours of testing for World Superbike and nine for World Supersport are scheduled. No news on BMWÔÇÖs factory or satellite teamÔÇÖs participation at this point. WSBK will announce participating teams soon.

MotoGP

motorgp.com: FIM detail the changes in regulations for the 2010 season.

motorcyclenews.com: Engine restrictions ÔÇÿdauntingÔÇÖ says Jerry Burgess
    Cost cutting comes to MotoGP in the form of engine life. The six engine limit has team managers working backwards through the 2010 calendar as they plan their engine strategy.

e-Racing

asphaltandrubber.com: Mavizen introduces factory support service, training and insurance for the TTX02

Dakar

IOMTT

Regulations and entry forms for 2010 IOMTT

WEC
    Can-Am GNCC Racing
    AMA Pro Racing

AMA Pro Racing Rulebook 2010 pdf

Formula 1 and 

formula1.com: Exclusive Q&A with Peter Windsor ÔÇô ÔÇ£everything is coming togetherÔÇØ

formula1.com: Alabama debut for US teamÔÇÖs first car

autosport.com: USF1 granted extra testing days.
    Windsor spins this as ÔÇ£an example of how the FIA and the teams have gone out of their way to make us feel welcome.ÔÇØ I suspect it is more a case of how far behind the curve they are and the FIA and teams doing anything in their power to make certain there is a full field. USF1 has had the most time to prepare of any of the new teams yet continues to look behind the curve. Only Campos is a bigger question mark for who will be on the grid for the first race.

Mean while Lotus F1, the last team the next to last team to be given a spot on the 2010 grid is set to announce its car a week early and Sauber has set January 31 2p.m. local time in Valencia as its debut time. After 18+ months Windsor can only say things are coming together.

McLaren reorganizes itself for the 2010 season. Fans will read many things into this but with a new driver and a changed relationship with Mercedes the devil is in the teamÔÇÖs organizational details for a driver or constructor championship bid.

Nick Heidfeld sends us his greetings and updates us ÔÇô no news is still news in F1 ÔÇô about his 2010 plans.

ÔÇ£First of all, I would like to wish all of you a Happy New Year and express my sincere thanks to my fans for the enormous number of Christmas and New YearÔÇÖs greetings, which were also posted on my website.

Of course over the holidays my current job situation did not let go of me, even after Michael SchuhmacherÔÇÖs decision was published just before Christmas. This is certainly a great thing for Formula 1 and I wish good luck to Michael and Mercedes. This decision affects me directly because it means there is a relevant less space for next year. I am not naive when I say, especially after the past few weeks, a lot of unexpected things can happen in Formula 1. Now we have to look forward and focus on the best long-term option for my future in Formula 1. I will continue to train hard, conduct talks with the appropriate people and to challenge my chance with all my might.

I am happy about posting something new soon and I hope in the coming weeks to be able to announce something concrete about my future plans.ÔÇØ

Rumors persist that Heidfeld will rejoin his old teammate Robert Kubica at Renault F1

jamesallenonf1.com: Details emerge of new Ferrari F1 design

On the Street

BMW Motorrad USA Strongest Brand in Declining Motorcycle Market
    ÔÇó 11.01.2010
    ÔÇó Press Release

Strong Dealer Network, New Products, Make BMW Best Performing Motorcycle Company in America

Woodcliff Lake, NJ  January 11, 2010 According to just-released Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) reports, BMW Motorrad USA outperformed all of its competitors in 2009. Despite a U.S. motorcycle market that declined 41 percent and lost nearly 360,000 units, BMW motorcycle sales only declined 22 percent, which was the smallest decline among all motorcycle brands. This follows on the heels of 2008 when BMW Motorrad USA was one of only two motorcycle manufacturers to post positive growth.

ÔÇ£Our dedicated dealers were the key to our success this past year,ÔÇØ commented Todd Andersen, BMW Motorrad USA Marketing Manager. ÔÇ£Despite the tough market, they continued serve our customers well and promote our new products like the K 1300 S and the K 1300 GT. They were supported by attractive financing programs from BMW Financial Services. While many other dealers struggled to finance their customersÔÇÖ purchases, BMW dealers never lost access to good financing, and this will continue for 2010.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£We expect significant sales growth in 2010,ÔÇØ said Andersen, ÔÇ£on the strength of the launch of the production version of the S 1000 RR Superbike, the most powerful and sophisticated sport bike ever produced. Our dealers have confirmed deposits on over 600 bikes and deliveries to customers will begin January 26.ÔÇØ

Also slated for the coming year are new versions of BMW MotorradÔÇÖs most popular models: the R 1200 GS, the R 1200 GS Adventure and the R 1200 RT.

End of press release

Roehr Motorcycles, best known for its seductive H-D V-twin superbike, is going electric. Gizmag.com say Roehr is set to unveil a 96 bhp electric sports motorcycle.

jsonline.com: Tactical retreat helps 91 year old Harley dealership

motoaus.com: How the motorcycle brands fared in [Australia for] 2009

telegraph.co.uk/finance: Come back ÔÇô Not for all the scooters in China
    A British entrepreneur tells his tale of building high end scooters in China for import into the British/Euro market.

File this under topics to discuss around the campfire. Bikes from the past/current decade may still be too new to think of collectables as the first decade of the new millennium either ended or about to end (depending on how strict you are on this). The 90ÔÇÖs are another story.

motoaus.com: Collectible motorcycles from the 90s
    As you scan this article keep in mind it is from ÔÇÿdown underÔÇÖ. Not all of the models were available to us. What do you think of their list and more importantly what bikes built in the 90ÔÇÖs would you add to the list?

I have been looking at green bikes of late, Kawasaki green that is.
    motorcyclistonline.com: $3000 street bike surgery - Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle
    Motorcyclists asks the same question I have been asking myself. ÔÇ£The question, then, is can you make a 1987-2007 KLR650 perform as well as a 2008 and later model? And if so, at what cost?ÔÇØ

sportrider.com: Video ÔÇô Motorcycle ergos with Martin Cardenas

thekneeslider.com: AirHead ÔÇô Air powered motorcycle design concept.
    Air powered concept cars have been showing up online. Now comes this two wheeled example.

Want a different look for your chrome? A lesson in ÔÇ£Scotch BritingÔÇØ your chrome motorcycle parts for an aged/stainless look, By Dar Holdswoth at Darwin Motorcycles (Brass Balls Bobbers).

RedmondSpokesman

xkcd.com

motobastards.com

Bike Cruller

TodayÔÇÖs treat comes by way of the blog 8Negro without any explanation or attribution.
    The bike sports a California plate with a San Jose BMW license plate frame. Anyone out there able to tell us more about this R75/5?

Bob
    Collectable bikes of the nineties?

My nominee is Tadao Baba's 1992 Honda CBR900RR, aka "Fireblade" in europe. This was the original open class (remember, superbikes were 750's at the time) sportbike which strived to be as light as a 600cc supersport; it actually weighed less. Throw in a 16" front wheel, 54.5" wheelbase, and 120 HP, and you have a bike which is still a blast to ride today, and still looks great. I love those timeless round headlights and the lightening holes in the fairing.

Every R1 or S1000RR has followed a line left by this bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wednesday, January 13

WSBK et al.

worldsbk.com: Bryne gears up for new Ducati challenge

worldsbk.com: Tom Sykes ÔÇô the Kawasaki man

racesport.nl: Reitwagen BMW riders ÔÇÿtestÔÇÖ at AustraliaÔÇÖs Eastern Creek. The session may not be a real test as the riders only had access to the street version of the S1000RR.

MotoGP

fim-live.com: Rossi rules out F1

Rossi may be ruling out four wheeled racing but

autosport.com: Stoner plans to race cars after bikes

motogp.com: Hayden excited at prospect of new season

e-Racing

A different kind of bike racing takes a different approach to writing rules.
    egrandprix.com: TTXGP 2011 ÔÇô Wiki Rules of Engagement
    ÔÇ£World first, TTXGP 2011 rule book goes wiki... Your chance to be part of the change.ÔÇØ

Dakar
    IOMTT
    WEC
    Can-Am GNCC Racing
    AMA Pro Racing

On the Street

The Vintagent: Las Vegas, Behind the Podium
    Part 1
    Part 2

motorcycle-usa.com: Triumph claims ÔÇÖ09 market share increase

asphaltandrubber.com: American Caf?® Film tells the Slimey Crud Run story

AMA Action Alert
    ÔÇ£The AMA strongly urges all motorcyclists and ATV riders to contact their U.S. Senators and Representatives today and demand that they conduct hearings regarding the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) lead ban affecting youth-model off-highway motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs).ÔÇØ
    Read the full alert ]here

motorcycle-usa.com: MIC Recommends CPSIA Amendments ÔÇô dirt bike OHV legal issues

motocyclistonline.com: A dozen ways to die

A 2010 catalogue download is available from Hornig motorcycle parts.

xkcd.com

motobastards.com

hellforleathermagazine.com: How to talk like a real biker

Bike Cruller
    TodayÔÇÖs treat is by Igor Sadvoy. I came across this on the Otto Nero site.

Thursday, 14 January

WSBK et al.

motomatters.com: 23 World Superbikes and 18 World Supersports in leaked provisional entrants list

worldsbk.com: Aprilia 2010 team manager Dalligna speaks

worldsbk.com: Cazzola signs up Kuja Racing in WSS
    Paola Cazzola will become the first female rider to compete full-time in the Supersport World Championship

e-Racing

egrandprix.com: Unveiling the eCRP 1.0 - exclusive to TTXGP 2010

Formula 1 and 

reuters.com: Ecclestone proposes Grand Prix short cuts.
    I want a lid of what Bernie is smoking.

Bike Cruller

Not another restoration this is a New Model Henderson K! Ok new model with heavy emphasis on model. Caradisiac.com is the latest site to come under the spell of master modeler Pere Tarrag??. His models 1:5 or 1;6 scale built using original drawings pictures and plans. Each represents roughly 400 plus hours of work and sells for about Ôé¼1,500.
    http://www.motoscalatarrago.com/

Caradisiac slide show of other work