Page 56 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Thursday, 8 September

Members with Birthdays Today

SBK

MotoGP

motomatters.com: Bridgestone press rlease – Hirobide Hamashima talks about the effect of asymetric slicks at Misano

Formula 1

fia.com: Italian GP Preview

Other Racing

BMW Motorsport | DTM
    The stage is set for a debut at the Lausitzring early next week: on Monday and Tuesday BMW Motorsport will, for the first time, take to the track with the two other manufacturers represented in the DTM in 2012. As well as Andy Priaulx (GB) and Augusto Farfus (BR), BMW works drivers J?Ârg M??ller (DE) and Dirk M??ller (DE) will also be given their first chance to test the BMW M3 DTM.

On the Street

motorcyclenews.com: Staff bikes | BMW G650GS

motorcyclistonline.com: BMW F800Gs vs Triumph 800XC

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Motorcycle fuel economy reference guide

ultimatemotorcycling.com: 2011 Triumph Rocket III Touring | Quick look

timesofindia.indiatimes.com: Piaggio guns for bigger bike business in India

The Mothership

Reference::

FIM: Official Documents
    Link to the current year official documents for all classes and search tool for other years.

FIA Regulations – Formula 1 World Championship

WEATHER
    US:
    http://www.weather.gov/ | NOAA's National Weather Service
    Select to go to the NWS homepage. National Weather Service - or - Follow the National Weather Service on FaceBook

http://www.weather.com | Bloomsburg, PA

CA:
    http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/canada_e.html

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:
    http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/ : National Traffic and Road Closure Information
    511 - America's Traveler Information Telephone Number; Construction Related; Local and State Transit Links; Traffic Conditions; Regional Links; Weather/Road ...

CA:
    http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/drivebc_supp/canada_map.htm :
    Canada Road Condition Information: Links to provincial highway condition websites across Canada..

Shameless Trolling For Touring Tips

NHTSA.dot.gov Vehicle Recalls RSS

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series – Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

BMW-Motorrad.com: Service
    Electronic Parts Catalogue
    Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey…
    Before a log trip…
    Before winter…
    How to clean your motorcycle

ascycles.com: BMW Motorcycle Service and Maintenance Schedules

Gasbuddy.com: Search for local gas prices along your trip route.

pure-gas.org: Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. And Canada

Cycle-ergo.com motorcycle ergonomic simulator.

Woot of the Day

MSF Motorcycle Operators Manual

QOD. If braking is required when swerving, what should you do? http://t.co/OkQ8eJD

Bike Candy

From the Japanese builders at [url=http://www.ritmo-sereno.com/index.html]Ritmo-Sereno[/img]

Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Friday, 09 September

SBK

worldsbk.com: Kawasaki plans take new direction for 2012
    Kawasaki is putting the factory into the factory team with central control of its new Zed supperbike in the key second season of its existence while Ducati and the other Japanese factories will be focusing on the new MotoGP formula. In addition it is a gauntlet thrown at the feet of BMW and Aprilia who have to date chosen to focus their factory efforts in WorldSBK

MotoGP

motogp.com: Wayne Rainey visits Yamaha HQ

ducati.com: Valentino Rossi concludes sizth GP12 test day, at Mugello

motomatters.com: Valentino Rossi testing GP12 at Mugello ÔÇô Is it the new aluminium chassis?

Formula 1

fia.com: Thursday Press Conference organised by the FIA for the 2011 Italian Grand Prix.

formula1.com: Italy preview ÔÇô who will be king of the slipstream?

autosport.com: Why F1 must embrace the digital revolution

Other Racing

indiancarsbikes.in: Iran to hos Formula 1? Ahmadinejad building state-of-the-art F1 track and not nukes

On the Street

motorcyclistonline.com: Culp customs ÔÇô 'Antiqued' BMW S1000RR

thekneeslider.com: Duke engines 5 cylinder 4 stroke 3 injector valveless axial engine
    Link: Duke Engines

cpsc.gov: KTM North america recalls off-road motorcycles due to fall or crash hazard

While Kawasaki has been setting the stage to take control of the WorldSBK team it has also been teasing a new sport bike with a variety of videos ÔÇô visordown.com: Kawasaki still teasing the ZZR1400

thechicane.com: Video ÔÇô Vintage BMW sidecar action

The Mothership

Dynamic, nimble and reliable. Only three of the many aspects that characterize the BMW R51 -- 3 making it an absolute highlight of motorcycle history. But in the early 50's this machine didn't just make the hearts of the racers beat faster.

Munich. The BMW Group has once again been named the automotive industryÔÇÖs sector leader in the ranking published today by the SAM Group for the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI). The BMW Group has therefore been the worldÔÇÖs most sustainable automobile manufacturer for seven consecutive years. The BMW Group is also the only company in the automotive industry to be listed in this family of indexes every year since it was established in 1999.

Patent Application: Two-stage exhaust gas turbocharging arrangement for an internal combustion engine

FWIW

Cage World

dezeen.com: Concept i3 and i8 concepts by BMW

fia.com: Starting in 2011, and for the next two years, the FIA and MICHELIN will be implementing a partnership agreement designed to develop new actions to foster a safer and more sustainable mobility, a mobility that also respects the environment.

Link to the current year official documents for all classes and search tool for other years.

FIA Regulations ÔÇô Formula 1 World Championship

WEATHER
    US:
    Select to go to the NWS homepage. National Weather Service - or - Follow the National Weather Service on FaceBook

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:
    http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/ : National Traffic and Road Closure Information
    511 - America's Traveler Information Telephone Number; Construction Related; Local and State Transit Links; Traffic Conditions; Regional Links; Weather/Road ...

CA:
    Canada Road Condition Information: Links to provincial highway condition websites across Canada..

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series ÔÇô Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey
    Before a log trip
    Before winter

Woot of the Day

TIP. Night riding, it helps to spot wild animals if your headlight is bright and aimed correctly.

QOD. What should you do if a parked car begins to pull away from the curb as you approach? http://t.co/9K16Wvu

Bike Candy

Friday, 09 September: James Toseland Retires

Wrist disability forces James Toseland's racing retirement

James Toseland, two times World Superbike Champion and flag-bearer of the BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team, was injured during a private test at the Aragon circuit in March. After a first operation it was thought that he would easily return to full fitness, but after two attempts at returning to the track it was necessary to impose a prolonged recuperation time after the Silverstone event.

After another fall for the English rider at the Nurburgring race in the bad weather conditions, James consulted with his doctor. The damage to his wrist has severely restricted JamesÔÇÖ range of movement, making it difficult to operate a motorcycle throttle properly and almost impossible to navigate right hand turns.*
    Toseland also emphasised that from a safety point of view his condition could be dangerous for other riders on the track as well as himself.

With this prognosis, and on the advice of his doctor, Toseland, with BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team, announces his retirement with immediate effect.

Andrea Buzzoni, Project Director of BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team and Director of BMW Motorrad Italia, declared: ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm personally very sorry about JamesÔÇÖ retirement. I had the opportunity to meet James this year and get to know him and I appreciated his professionalism and especially his human qualities in such a difficult year. I want to thank James for his conduct, his likeable and open personality and his kindness and professionalism. In racing there are lots of fast riders, but James joins together rider talent and a great humanity. HeÔÇÖs an excellet rider ÔÇô a champion - and a very good and positive person. Thank you James!ÔÇØ
    James added: ÔÇ£2011 has been a tough year for me and this week has been one of the most difficult of my life, but advice from professionals has made it clear that my crash at Aragon has left me with a permanent disability, which means that I will never again be able to ride competently at this level.

ÔÇ£While thatÔÇÖs hard to hear, I have to place the emphasis on the safety of other riders in the paddock as well as myself and I realise that itÔÇÖs not fair to occupy a World Superbike seat with a team as professional as BMW Motorrad Italia when there are fit and talented riders available who are desperate for this type of opportunity.ÔÇØ

Saturday, 10 September

SBK

BMW Group ÔÇô Sport: Leon Haslam will line up for BMW Motorrad Motorsport in 2012
    Munich/Stephanskirchen, 10th September 2011. BMW Motorrad Motorsport have opted for continuity and were able to retain British rider Leon Haslam for 2012. The 28-year-old from Smalley in Derbyshire will therefore ride a factory bike for the Munich-based manufacturer once again next season

FWIW: Now a question of deuces.
    James Toseland's retirement is with immediate effect. What BMW Motorrad Team Italia will do for the remainder of the season remains in doubt. Who will be the number two at both BMW teams in 2012 remains in doubt. Marco Melandri and Hiroshi Aoyama have been reported to be on the list but is this for SBK or MotoGP? Even the name of Checa surfaced at one time. What is clear is that the names of Troy Corser and James Toseland will not be on the Enigma Cavalry rider roster for 2012.

jamestoseland.com 9.09.2011 A letter to my fans.

I wanted to write you a personal letter to explain the factors that have forced my early retirement and to take the opportunity to thank you for all of the amazing support that you have given me throughout my career.

As you all know, IÔÇÖve had a tough time since injuring my right wrist during a testing crash at Aragon in Spain earlier this year. At the time of first seeing my Consultant, he warned that the damage to my wrist could be career-threatening, but we both committed to doing everything we could to ensure that I could continue racing.

Having struggled through a couple of races and then crashing out in the terrible conditions at Nurburgring in Germany, I went back to see the Consultant, Mike Hayton, this week and the diagnosis was the worst I could have prepared myself for.

The easiest way to explain it is that I donÔÇÖt have enough range of movement in my wrist to race professionally and no amount of physiotherapy is going to improve that. This all led to the verdict was that itÔÇÖs no longer safe for me to continue a career in motorcycle racing.

I have to put the safety of the other riders on track first, as well as thinking about my own safety. Knowing that I will never again be fully fit to race at the highest level, itÔÇÖs also unfair for me to occupy a great seat in WSBK that a young, talented rider who is fully fit could take better advantage of.

Obviously, the decision has been a difficult one and itÔÇÖs been really hard to take the advice of my Consultant and admit defeat on this occasion but I really have no other option left at this stage. IÔÇÖve tried everything possible for the last few months but the sad truth is that none of it has worked and my wrist will never fully heal enough for me to operate the throttle properly and navigate right hand turns.

You have been amazing in the best and worst times of my career and itÔÇÖs been almost like having a second family to support me through my career. So, thank you for everything and I hope that I have done you proud

bbc.co.uk: Injury forces Toseland to retire

FWIW: This video is from Yamaha Racing via YouTube. WorldSBK allows embeding of their race day updates and pieces such as this. MotoGP requires a subscription to new releases and only allows links to their YouTube posts. I have to wonder what next year will bring on this front with Bridgestone taking control of both. How will they view amortizing? WorldSBK seems to think viral marketing works one way while MotoGP has exercised much more control.

Formula 1

fia.com: Italian GP ÔÇô Friday Press Conference
    TEAM REPRESENTATIVES - Giorgio ASCANELLI (Toro Rosso), Eric BOULLIER (Renault), Stefano DOMENICALI (Ferrari), Tim GOSS (McLaren), Peter SAUBER (Sauber)
    formula1.com: Friday practice ÔÇô selected team and driver quotes.

formula1.com: Can Red Bull pull a fast one at Monza?

Friday Practice:

1st Session
    Classification
    Lap Times

2nd Session
    Classification
    Lap Times

autosport.com: David Coulthard's Italian GP preview

speedtv.com: Steve Matche discusses different camber angles and its affect on F1 cars...

Saturday Practice:

formula1.com[/url]: Vettel heads Red Bull one-two

formula1.com[/url]: Fia to enforce Pirelli camber recommendations

reuters.com: Italian Grand Prix final practice times

Qualifying: Italian Grand Prix

Vettel takes the pole for the Italian Grand Prix ÔÇô 2011

1 Vettel
    2 Hamilton
    3 Button
    4 Alonso
    5 Webber
    6 Massa
    7 Petrov
    8 Schumacher
    9 Rosberg
    10 Senna

The usual suspects follow. Sauber surprised by not being more competitive in in Q2. In Q3 Nine cars turned in times during Q3. Senna did not turn a wheel so retains his starting tyre option with everyone else in Q3 having to start on their qualifying tyres. Senna's Q2 time would have him on the same row but on the less desirable side of the track. I doubt he will be a race contender but fans should pay close attention to his performance. Kubica is expected to make a testing return to a formula car latter this month. Petrov and Senna may be racing the rest of the season for the 2012 second seat at LRGP.

bbc.co.uk: Live ÔÇô Italian Grand Prix
    Text of the BBC presenters commentary during third practice and qualifying

Other Racing

yamaha-racing.com: Yamaha's Josh Hayes repeats as American SuperBike Champion

reutuers.com: Formula One driver Robert Kubica should be back on a racetrack next month for the first time since his rally accident in February, the Pole's manager Daniele Morelli told Reuters on Friday.

dirtrider.com: Industry Buzz ÔÇô Husqvarna goes undedefeated in nailing 2011 Championship in Quebec

On the Street

motorcyclistonline.com: BMW K1600GT | Doing time

visordown.com: Triple Black BMW R1200GS Adventure

nortonmotorcycles.com: Norton's machine room

motorcyclenews.com: Yamaha to launch host of anniversary models next week

motorcyclistonline.com: What ever happened to Lord Hesketh?

Turn on the cc option for English subtitles as Vale takes us through the Ducati Museum

The Mothership

[url=https://www.press.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/pressclub/p/rr/pressDetail.html?outputChannelId=4&id=T0120586EN&left_menu_item=node__2166The first 100mph Rolls-Royce[/url], a 1911 ÔÇÿExperimental Speed CarÔÇÖ known as 1701, will lead a cavalcade of 17 historic Rolls-Royce Silver Ghosts from the Royal Automobile Club, Pall Mall, on Sunday 11 September. The historic cars, dating from 1911 to 1922, will be supported by a new Rolls-Royce Ghost, hand built at the Home of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars at Goodwood, West Sussex. The event, run by the 20-Ghost Club, will re-enact the 1911 London to Edinburgh Top Gear Trial, which cemented the Rolls-Royce reputation for superlative quality, refinement and reliability.

FWIW

Cage World

McLaren MP4-12C ÔÇô On the Monza circuit and Milan streets

Porsche at the Frankfurt Auto Show

It's good to be Alonso

WEATHER
    US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:

CA:

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series ÔÇô Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey
    Before a log trip
    Before winter

Woot of the Day

TIP- Never carry anyone sidesaddle. Your bike is not a horse, no matter what the passengerÔÇÖs wearing. P. 50 http://t.co/1pIqLTu

QOD- How should riders in a group formation pass an automobile? http://t.co/bIeNFGC

Bike Candy

deucustoms.com

Sunday, 11 September

Formula 1

Saturday: Qualifying

fia.com: 2011 Italian Grand Prix Post Qualifying Press Conference
    Drivers
    1 ÔÇô Sebastian Vettel
    2 ÔÇô Lewis Hamilton
    3 ÔÇô Jensen Button

Classifications
    Lap Times
    Maximum Speeds
    Sector Times
    Speed Trap

formula1.com: Qualifying analysis ÔÇô flying Vettel springs a surprise at Monza

formula1.com: Qualifying ÔÇô selected team and driver quotes

Team comments on qualifying at Monza
    ATT Williams
    Ferrari
    Force India F1
    Lotus Renault GP
    Mercedes GP
    Red Bull
    Sauber F1 Team
    Toro Rosso
    Team Lotus
    Vodafone McLaren

autosport.com: Five themes to watch for in Italy

motorsport.com: Montezemolo ÔÇô Formula 1 is too dependent on aerodynamics

Other Racing

BMW Motorsport locks out GTE class front row at Silverstone

The Mothership

FWIW

Cage World

youtube.be: Classic Car Hunters - Maserati

WEATHER
    US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:

CA:

Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey
    Before a log trip
    Before winter

Woot of the Day

TIP: If you ride in a wet, rainy area, you'll really appreciate a rain suit, which slips on easily over your other protective gear.

QOD: What is the best way to stop your motorcycle quickly? http://t.co/AhRZGt9

Bike Candy

From Motorcycle Picture of the Day and Advrider ÔÇô Twice as many engines = twice as many oil stains.

Monday, 12 September

Formula 1

fia.com: Italian Grand Prix Post Race Press Conference
    DRIVERS
    1 - Sebastian VETTEL (Red Bull Racing)
    2 - Jenson BUTTON (McLaren)
    3 - Fernando ALONSO (Ferrari)
    Starting Grid
    Classifications
    Lap Chart
    Lap Analysis
    Fastest Laps
    History Chart
    Maximum Speed
    Pit Stop Summary
    Sector Times
    Speed Trap

Standings:
    Drivers' Championship
    Constructors' Championship

formula1.com: Selected team and driver quotes

formula1.com: Luzzi handed a five-place grid penalty for Singapore hispaniaracing.com

bbc.co.uk: Transcript of the BBC race call

reuters.com: Schumacher criticized for harsh moves
    speedtv.com: Hamilton refuses to criticize Michael Schumacher
    -related-
    mercedes-gp.com: Monza, Sunday: Michael - “The fighting against Lewis was big fun!”

bbc.co.uk: Alonso gives up on the title chase
    "We are fighting for second place in the championship."

Other Racing

Difficult ILMC race for BMW Motorsport at Silverstone
    The fifth round of the 2011 Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) at Silverstone (GB) did not run according to plan for BMW Motorsport. After six hours, Andy Priaulx (GB) and Uwe Alzen (DE) finished fourth in the GTE class, driving the no. 56 BMW M3 GT. The no. 55 car, driven by Augusto Farfus (BR) and J?Ârg M??ller (DE), crossed the line in sixth

On the Street

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Cannonball Endurance Run will have a 2012 edition

webbikeworld.com: Bilt Trackstar leather panst – review

ultimatemotorcycling.com: 2011 Suzuki Hayabusa | Quick look

FWIW

In Formula 1 it is important to win the race to turn one. Alonso did win that race. He won the restart also but by that time the advantage winning the former gave him was lost. Instead of building a lead while Vettel dueled with the McLaren drivers he found himself dueling with Vettel. He lost that duel and now he seems willing to cede the Drivers' Championship to Vettel while focusing on the second rung of the season podium. This may be a realistic observation but the tofosi in me wonders just how far he will tumble down the rankings now that he has decided to settle for the second podium.

Where did Mercedes GP steal the car that Michael Schumacher drove? Will the police let them keep it? I certainly hope so.

I don't know what the fight between Hamilton and Schumacher looked like on the boob tube; as usual I “watched” the race on live timing then went out for the day. The F1 commentator noted Hamilton's first complaint to the pits about Schum blocking but from his view and replay seemed to think it was good fighting. Observing the lap times the Mercedes gave both McLarens fits when they were forced to deal with and pass Schum. The gap between P4 and P5 at the end of the race had more to do with Schumacher deciding to play it safe and take a P5 than loose everything in a last ditch fight with Hamilton. A revitalized Mercedes GP in the hands of either Rosberg or Schumacher could give both McLaren and Ferrari a hard time for the balance of the season.

There's many a slip between cup and lip so I am not ready to raise my cup and toast Vettel as the season champion. Engines blow up. Transmissions fail. Drivers crash. Strategies work on Wednesday but fail on Sunday. I picked him to repeat as champion but there are many races left for the racing dogs to bite him in the butt and make the championship hunt more interesting than it looks now.

That said read this from the Chicane blog.

WEATHER
    US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:

CA:

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series – Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey…
    Before a log trip…
    Before winter…

Woot of the Day

TIP: Deer eyes reflect light; so if you see a "reflector" winking on and off, it may be a deer or other animal. http://dld.bz/dsGR

QOD: When selecting a lane position in which to ride, what should you do? http://t.co/vPpqIDW

Bike Candy

From Ottonero Cafe Racer

Tuesday, 13 September

SBK

worldsbk.com: Eliass to test for BMW Italia at Misano

worldsbk.com: James Toseland – Two title ueber trier

BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team
    Toni Elias, 2010 winner of the Moto 2 World Championship and riding this year for the Team LCR Honda Moto GP, will for the first time in his career be riding a Superbike during the tests scheduled for 13 and 14 September at the Misano Adriatico circuit. The Spanish rider will undergo two days of testing aboard a BMW X 1000 RR for the BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team.

MotoGP

MotoGP – YouTube: The champion has not surrendered

motogp.com: Aragon preview – Aragon ready for key MotoGP round.

rizla-suzuki-motogp.com: Bautista ready for Aragon assalt

bbc.co.uk: Yamaha's Lorenzo to race in Japan

motomatters.com: Argentina to host a MotoGP race from 2013?

Formula 1

formula1.com: Vettel lands the knockout blow
    formula1.com: Sebastian Vettel - “We're not there yet”

Red Bull is getting ready to head to Singapore

The fat lady has not sung yet but she was given a seat on the Red Bull transport to Singapore

Lacking little other excitement in F1 the Schumacher controversy goes on.
    bbc.co.uk: Martin Brundle F1 Column

Other Racingg

motorcycleshows.com: New AMA land speed sidecar record

Yamaha World Superbike riders cook off ft. Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food

On the Street

motorcyclistonline.com: BMW K1600GTL vs Honda GL 1800 Gold Win

thekneeslider.com: The golden age of project parts

roadracingworld.com: Triumph North America hires new agency

dealernews.com: New website sells womens riding gear

k100rt.afrourmfree.com: My K100 cafe racer project story

The Mothership

Goodwood Tuesday 13 September 2011 The Home of Rolls-Royce at Goodwood in West Sussex is to expand in the months ahead. The news follows significant growth in worldwide sales over the last 18 months and a greater demand from customers for highly personalised Rolls-Royce Ghost and Phantom models.

The BMW Group is set to take on some 3,500 new associates this year, around half of whom will be based in Germany.

FWIW

ducati.com: Steetfighter 848 | Ducati unveils a new model range

This is not earth shattering motorcycle news, especially on a BMW forum. What struck me is it is another example of a manufacturer not waiting for the Milan Tokyo or some other international motorcycle show to release a new model.

With championships close to being decided I have begun to mentally prepare for the next big season – motorcycle show season. For me that means tracking down information on the new models from various manufacturers, deciding which ones to include, which to leave out and spending a lot of time moving pictures and videos around the internet.

It is also a time each year when I take a minority position in many forum threads bemoaning the lack of manufacture (on this forum insert BMW) participation at the regional motorcycle show people are going to attend. Bemoaning, heck many of you will vacillate between wailing like a jilted lover and latter day incarnations of Pope Urban II calling for new crusades to be waged against those cretins in Munich who won't take bikes to shows.

Don't get me wrong I love a good cage or motorcycle show. I remember as a kid going to my first international cage show and seeing the new Jaguar E Type being unveiled. I have spent weekends at motorcycle shows looking at and comparing bikes trying to decide which was going to be my next bike. Motorcycle shows: I get it.

I also get it that sales are down for most manufacturers and all need to eliminate the holding time between build and release of new models to keep people coming to the showrooms and buying. These individual releases such as Ducati's above, or the recent Husqvarna entire line up release would have taken place in Milan in the past. Now they leak pictures on the internet, then videos to YouTube and finally press releases of the entire lines.

I am getting ahead of myself. I need to calm down. It is still racing season. I am trying to figure out BMW's racing strategy for the remainder of the SBK season, wondering what will happen in MotoGP to keep Casey Stoner from making my season prediction come true, is the chassis of the Ducati GP 12 carbon fiber or aluminum as many think, Formula 1 and other racing. My parts bin is full. Why borrow trouble? It is only mid September. The shows are not until November. The first out cries that will result in calls for crusaders to report won't happen till some time late in October. I have time.

I have time to head over to the official Lilydale gas station on my way to work this morning and get a mug of coffee. Any size coffee for a buck. I hope I unpacked my 64oz mug. I need a strong dose of caffeine this morning to bring me back to reality.

Cage World

indiancarsbike.in: Lamboghini to make only 20 units of the Sesto Elemento ICB

WEATHER
    US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:

CA:

Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey…
    Before a log trip…
    Before winter…

Woot of the Day

TIP: Group rides: keep at least a 2-second following distance from the m/c in front of you. P.47 http://t.co/1pIqLTu

QOD: Which of the following is true when carrying cargo on your motorcycle? http://t.co/VTR3bse

MSF__USA: The Motorcycle Safety Foundation graduated its six millionth RiderCourse ℠student! http://t.co/SmBMXQK

Bike Candy

Wednesday, 14 September

SBK

worldsbk.com: Two days of testing begin at Misano [Tuesday - Wenesday]

worldsbk.com: Melandri quickest at Misano testing [Tuesday]
    Unofficial Tuesday times: 1. Melandri (Yamaha) 1'36.0; 2. Checa (Ducati) 1'36.3; 3. Laverty (Yamaha) 1'36.3; 4. Sykes (Kawasaki) 1'36.5; 5. Badovini (BMW) 1'36.8; 6. Rea (Honda) 1'36.9; 7. Lascorz (Kawasaki) 1'36.9; 8. Hofmann (Aprilia) 1'37.0; 9. Martin (BMW) 1'37.9; 10. Xaus (Honda) 1'38.0; 11. Elias (BMW) 1'38.1; 12. Vermeulen (Kawasaki) 1'38.4; 13. Tamada (Honda) 1'39.8.

motomatters.com: Misano WSBK Day 1 test times

FWIW: Test times at these events are important to the teams but mean little to the fans. Melandri was fastest but someone had to be and he was it. Compare times between teams at your own risk. Even comparisons between the BMW teams are dubious at best. We don't know the plan for each lap taken. Lacking that you can not understand the true meaning of times. Wednesday times will be worthy of more comparisons but still keeping in mind you don't know the testing purpose of any lap. Badovini posted a P5 and Haslam didn't turn a wheel.

P.S. If BMW had posted the fastest time of the day then everything I just wrote would have changed.

MotoGP

motogp.com: MotoGP to return to Argentina in 2013

teamtech3.fr: Magnificent motorland Aragon awaits Edwards and Crutchlow

teamaspar.net: Hector Barbera ÔÇ£Highly motivatedÔÇØ for third home round at Aragon

visordown.com: Ducati offers for Dovizioso

Formula 1

formula1.com: Formula One fuel and oil ÔÇô F1's top secret tuning aids

reuters.com: Michael to join McLaren as sporting director

Other Racing

girlracer.co.uk: New Formula Ford debuts in Frankfurt

On the Street

cyrilhuzblog.com: Sons of Anarchy season 4

ultimatemotorcycling.com: 2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 | Quick look

visordown.com: No chance of a VW bike now

FWIW: VW's 19.9% of Suzuki was picked up when GM off-loaded their shares as part of its restructuring before the US auto crisis. Various manufacturers had held shares in Suzuki for marketing and technology development reasons. Suzuki has used the cash infusions to fund various internal plans for auto and motorcycle segments of the company. What to watch for over the next months is who picks up these shares.

FWIW

bbc.co.uk: Azi Farni MotoGP column: Speed, not danger, is real racing

Despite multibillion-dollar investments in cybersecurity, one of its root problems has been largely ignored: who are the people who write malicious code? Underworld investigator Misha Glenny profiles several convicted coders from around the world and reaches a startling conclusion.

WEATHER
    US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:

CA:

Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey
    Before a log trip
    Before winter

Woot of the Day

QOD: What should you always remember to do when braking? http://t.co/tD8Ldhq

Bike Candy

Wednesday, 14 September ÔÇô Part II

The Mothership

BMW UK - New special edition of the legendary adventure-sports bike

BMW Motorrad Concept e
    Munich. Individual mobility is increasingly defined in terms of sustainability. The BMW Group has taken on the challenges of a rapidly changing world and is now developing serial production solutions to meet the mobility needs of the future. As an integrated part of the BMW Group, BMW Motorrad is also addressing issues of individual single-track mobility and future customer needs. In this connection, BMW Motorrad is expanding its business activities to include a new facet: that of "Urban Mobility".

Husqvarna's Concept e-GO bike for the young riders of the future Husqvarna Concept e-GO. Extreme, light, streamlined. This is Husqvarna's approach to today's electric motorcycling world. Urban commuting for first-time bikers who can have all the attractive features that a Husqvarna machine boasts: an explosive mix of road, off-road and supermotard experiences

Woodcliff Lake, NJ  Tuesday, September 13, 2011 BMW of North America today announced the results of their multicultural and diversity marketing agency review for both BMW and MINI USA.

The BMW Group today published its Sustainable Value Report 2010 at the International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt

Munich. Over the 5 generations since its launch, the BMW 3 Series has enjoyed a most impressive career. This applies to its market success, but also especially to its career in motorsports. During the past 35 years, the 3 Series models with their characteristic compact dimensions, dynamic engines and sporty suspension have contributed considerably towards dynamic performance and the brandÔÇÖs excellent reputation on the racetrack. With such attributes, BMWÔÇÖs midrange model is ideally suited for successful use in motorsports in particular. With its return in 2012 to the DTM, a top motorsport category, BMW intends to replicate its earlier successes with the BMW M3 DTM now currently under development.

Thursday, 15 September

SBK

worldsbk.com: Melandri stays on top

Wednesday's Testing times:
    Overall times (unofficial): 1. Melandri (Yamaha) 1'35.8; 2. Checa (Ducati), Laverty (Yamaha) 1'36.0; 4. Badovini (BMW), Lascorz (Kawasaki) 1'36.1 ; 6. Sykes (Kawasaki) 1'36.2; 7. Rea (Honda) 1'36.7; 8. Hofmann (Aprilia) 1'36.9; 9. Martin (BMW) 1'37.1; 10. Xaus (Honda) 1'37.4; 11. Elias (BMW) 1'37.8; 12. Vermeulen (Kawasaki) 1'38.4; 13. Tamada (Honda) 1'38.8.
    yamaha-racing.com: Melandri and Laverty complete two successful days testing in Misano

ducati.com: Altea racing concludes two days of testing at Misano

hondaproracing.com: Castrol Honda riders happy after two days testing at Misano

The BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team has completed its two days of testing on the Misano Adriatico circuit. Ayrton Badovini was preparing for next weekend’s race in Imola. Toni Elias became better acquainted with the SBK.
    Misano Adriatico. The BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team has completed the two days of testing it had scheduled on the Misano Adriatico circuit.

The two riders, Ayrton Badovini and Toni Elias, were working towards different objectives.

Ayrton tested several components, including a new fork, in preparation for the next world championship SBK race, scheduled for the Imola circuit next weekend. He covered a total of about 600 km at a good pace. Ayrton also worked closely with Pirelli on tire testing.

Toni Elias’s objective was to get to know the SBK, and so his program was quite different. His first day of testing was devoted to assuming a correct position on the seat and to an understanding of adjustments to the motorcycle. On the second day, he was able to lap for a few hours in order to gain confidence with both the bike and the tires.

At the close of the tests, Serafino Foti, Sports Director for the BMW Motorrad Italia Team, made the following comments: “Overall, we are very satisfied with these tests. Ayrton worked with two objectives in mind: on the one hand, the upcoming race in Imola, and on the other tire tests in collaboration with Pirelli.

“In view of Imola, Ayrton and the Team have done some fine work. We tested a new fork and a few other new details; but most of all we have found a good balance for the race.

“Ayrton was fast, maintaining a good pace during the tests and completing about 150 laps, which allowed us to gather a lot of useful information.

“The aims were different for Toni, who was testing with the sole objective of becoming as familiar as possible with the SBK. But a day and a half is certainly not a lot of time to get to know a motorcycle. In the meantime, we did gather a lot of information from him as well. At the end of the morning Toni left to rejoin his Team for the MotoGP race this weekend. I would like to express my personal thanks to Toni for his willingness to participate and also to the LCR Team.”

motomatters.com: Misano Wsbk day 2

We have a bit of insight into the plans that BMW Motorrad Team Italia had for the two days of test. Badovini improved to within 0.3 seconds of Milandri's time while Elias remained a full 2.0 seconds off the lead pace. Incremental improvement for the now lead diver that shows he is steadily improving along with the Italian team iteration of the S 1000 RR. Elias' times are decent. He no doubt rode with orders from LCR and BMW that limited what he did on his RR. Was this just an audition or did he walk away with an offer to consider on his way to Aragon? Time will tell.

bettor.com: Tome Sykes reveals he might continue with Kawasaki factory team in the championship

worldsbk.com: Supersonic to retire at end of season.

MotoGP

motogp.com: Aragon Motoland racing numbers

motogp.com: MotoGP World Championship calendar [tentative] released

29 July, United States* - Laguna Seca
    19 August, Indianapolis – Indianapolis
    *MotoGP class only

hondaproracing.com: Stoner and Pedrosa hope to repeat at Aragon

ducati.com: Ducati Team to focus work on Desmosedici at Aragon

Formula 1

bbc.co.uk: Ferrari turn focus to 2012

formula1.com: Ross Brawn Q&A: 2012 already our top priority

mercedes-gp.com: The dust settles – Monza race debrief

eurosport.com: Renault wants to supply more teams

Other Racing

BMW Team RLL : Laguna Seca Preview
    Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – September 14, 2011… With seven of nine races totaling more than 26 hours of hard fought competition in this season’s 2011 American Le Mans Series now complete, BMW Team RLL heads to Laguna Seca Raceway for this weekend’s American Le Mans Monterey six-hour sports car race. The team won the first three events and has finished on the podium in every race thereafter to lead all GT championships, but the defense of its 2010 Manufacturer and Team titles begins in earnest at the classic Northern California 2.238-mile, 11-turn road course and the penultimate round of the championship.

Successful test at the Lausitzring for BMW Motorsport
    BMW Motorsport completed two productive days of testing at the Lausitzring with three newly developed BMW M3 DTM cars. BMW works drivers Andy Priaulx (GB), Augusto Farfus (BR), J?Ârg M??ller (DE) and Dirk M??ller (DE) were all in action on Monday and Tuesday at the first joint test for all manufacturers represented in the 2012 DTM season, gaining more valuable experience with the car and making another step towards the DTM comeback of BMW next year.

On the Street

acem.eu: EU motorcycle registrations down 6% the first semester of 2011.

motorcyclisonline.com: Do you really know where your bike was built?

webbikeworld.com: Trial Tech Equinox Lights – Review
    Decent light output but some issues with water resistance.

motorcyclenews.com: Staff bikes: BMW K1600GT – turning up the volume

found on craigslist: BMW cafe racer rat

The Mothership

facebook: BMW Classic – The BMW 328 is 75 years old

The BMW Group achieved its best performance ever in the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) ranking which was published today. In the CDP Global 500 ranking, the BMW Group is the number one automotive manufacturer and ranks in the Top 10 of all participating international companies. Scoring 96 out of a possible 100 points, the company is listed in both the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) and the Carbon Performance Leadership Index (CPLI).

FWIW

Cage World

WEATHER
    US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:

CA:

Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey…
    Before a log trip…
    Before winter…

Woot of the Day

QOD: If you must stop quickly while turning or riding a curve, it is best to do what? http://t.co/hd73Ky8

Bike Candy

Ottonero Cafe Racer: Honda Goldwing Bol D'Or

“This special frame 1000 goldwing photographed in a French event really participated in 70 years to the Bol d'Or ... ... the results however I am still unknown”

Friday, 16 September

SBK

worldsbk.com: Yoshimura Suzuki back on the WSBK scene

worldsbk.com: Rea pushes the fast forward button

bikesportnews.com: Laverty uncovers new front end setup at Misano

MotoGP

motomatters.com: Ducati to debut aluminium chassis at Aragon

bbc.co.uk: Rossi confirmed for Japan

Formula 1

bbc.co.uk: Mark Webber column ÔÇô Schumacher pushed the limits

Other reports say LRGP will give Kubica all the seat time he needs to recover and return...but...
    speedtv.com and its sources ask if Petrov and Kubica could be snubbed by LRGP in 2012.

Other Racing

On the Street

motorcyclnews.com: Triumph TIGER 800 gets supermoto treatment

motorcyclistonline.com: Naked bikes ÔÇô Fashion police

thekneeslider.com: grabCAD ÔÇô A mechanical engineering community

ultimatemotorcycling.com: AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2012 dates

visordown.com; Tips for saving miles per gallon

visordown.com: D'you cover your front brake with a finger?

webbikeworld.com: BMW Concept e scooter

motorcyclistonline.com: Zero Motorcycles demonstrates its electric motorcycle technology to U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood

The Mothership

patent application: Motorcycle seat Bench

A motorcycle seat is provided, the seat being aligned in the longitudinal direction of the motorcycle and having a spring-damper system under the seat surface that absorbs and reduces impacts and vibrations of the motorcycle on the rider or passenger. The seat may include regulating/control electronics that adjust the damper of the spring-damper system to the present riding situation in conjunction with a sensor placed near the front wheel. The spring-damper system is arranged between a seat top plate and a seat floor plate or in the level of one of the two seat plates.

FWIW

Spy photo of secret track testing of a new GS rally event.

Cage World

There appears to be a good deal of camber in the front suspension.

WEATHER
    US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:

CA:

Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey
    Before a log trip
    Before winter

Woot of the Day

TIP: A skilled rider is a decisive rider. Once you've adequately evaluated a situation and decided on a course of action, execute it.

QOD: How are motorcycle gloves different from regular gloves? http://t.co/Effl8OaD

Bike Candy

From Le Container. I may have posted this before but I like the image so here it is.

Saturday, 17 September

SBK

worldsbk.com: Points leader Checa in the testing mix

worldsbk.com: Biaggi struggles to get fit for Imola

roadracingworld.com: Update: World Superbike technical regulations changed

crash.net: Melandri Laverty pleased with strong test

MotoGP

Friday:
    bbc.co.uk: Power cut cancels practice

motomatters.com: 2011 Aragon MotoGP Friday roundup ÔÇô Events the one thing you can't plan for

Saturday Morning:
    motogp.com: Stoner leads the way at Aragon

Qualifying:
    motogp.com: Stoner seals pole

1 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'48.451 19 20 320.3
    2 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'48.747 21 22 0.296 0.296 318.1
    3 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 1'49.155 23 24 0.704 0.408 311.9
    4 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 1'49.270 21 21 0.819 0.115 313.2
    5 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'49.372 25 26 0.921 0.102 317.7
    6 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 1'49.528 20 24 1.077 0.156 314.2
    7 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team DUCATI 1'49.752 21 24 1.301 0.224 316.7
    8 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing DUCATI 1'49.777 25 26 1.326 0.025 316.3
    9 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 1'49.813 24 24 1.362 0.036 317.8
    10 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 1'49.826 14 26 1.375 0.013 313.9
    11 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP SUZUKI 1'49.883 26 26 1.432 0.057 320.3
    12 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 1'49.893 24 25 1.442 0.010 310.5
    13 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team DUCATI 1'49.960 18 22 1.509 0.067 315.5
    14 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP DUCATI 1'49.976 24 25 1.525 0.016 321.0
    15 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 1'50.105 20 22 1.654 0.129 310.8
    16 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 1'50.752 21 23 2.301 0.647 313.6
    17 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA 1'51.073 25 26 2.622 0.321 317.6

Formula 1

Singapore Grand Prix Preview
    LoutusRenaultgp.com
    McLaren.com
    Sauberf1team.com

autosport.com: How F1 is going headfirst on safety

speedtv.com: 'Mercedes not big enough to win' says Nico Rosberg

Other Racing

On the Street

deccanchronicale.com: Motorcycle Diaries ÔÇô Chris Phiffer's India tour

visordown.com: Husqvarna Nuda 900S joins 900R

wired.com: Boldly e-going where no Husky has e-gone before

motorcyclenews.com: Guzzi to build new engine and a new Madello factory too

omaha.com: Motorcycle deaths up in Nebraska

FWIW

Cage World

WEATHER
    US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:

CA:

Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey
    Before a log trip
    Before winter

Woot of the Day

TIP: Tell passengers not to put their feet down when you come to a stop. P.50 http://t.co/jfDAORhW

QOD: Motorcycle passengers should always do what while riding? http://t.co/6aJaAnG2

Bike Candy

cyrilhuzbleog.com: Royal Enfield Himalayan outlaw

and this

Sunday, 18 September

SBK

MotoGP

hondaproracing.com: Honda men dominate qualifying

bikesportnews.com: Simoncelli held up by Pedrosa

gresiniracing.com: Second and third row starts for Simoncelli and Aoyama

speddtv.com: Spies says no team orders

suzuki-racing: Work to do for Bautista

teamaspar.net: Hector hopes for strong showing despite qualifying struggles

teamtech3.fr: Crutchlow aims for top 10 at Motoland Aragon

ducati.com: Hayden seventh in Aragon qualifying, fall affects Rossi

motomatters.com: Engine rule claims first victim ÔÇô Rossi to start from the pits

Sunday Race

motogp.com: Stoner warms up fast at Aragon

bbc.co.uk: Stoner extends champioship lead at Aragon

1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team HONDA 42'17.427 165.702

2 20 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 42'25.589 165.171 8.162

3 16 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 42'31.636 164.779

4 13 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 42'38.073 164.365 20.646

5 11 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 42'45.166 163.910 27.739

6 10 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP SUZUKI 42'47.800 163.742 30.373

7 9 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team DUCATI 42'51.715 163.493 34.288

8 8 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP DUCATI 42'54.732 163.301 37.305

9 7 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 42'57.079 163.153 39.652

10 6 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team DUCATI 42'57.259 163.141 39.832

11 5 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 42'57.424 163.131 39.997

12 4 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 43'12.144 162.204 54.717

13 3 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 43'15.857 161.972 58.430

Not Classified
    24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA 28'12.276 162.037 8 laps
    65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 28'12.364 162.028 8 laps
    4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team HONDA
    17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing DUCATI

Championship Standings

1 Casey STONER Honda AUS 284
    2 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 240
    3 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Honda ITA 185
    4 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 170
    5 Ben SPIES Yamaha USA 146
    6 Valentino ROSSI Ducati ITA 139
    7 Nicky HAYDEN Ducati USA 114
    8 Marco SIMONCELLI Honda ITA 106
    9 Colin EDWARDS Yamaha USA 90
    10 Hiroshi AOYAMA Honda JPN 87
    11 Hector BARBERA Ducati SPA 77
    12 Alvaro BAUTISTA Suzuki SPA 67
    13 Cal CRUTCHLOW Yamaha GBR 52
    14 Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE 50
    15 Toni ELIAS Honda SPA 47
    16 Randy DE PUNIET Ducati FRA 33
    17 Loris CAPIROSSI Ducati ITA 29
    18 John HOPKINS Suzuki USA 6
    19 Kousuke AKIYOSHI Honda JPN 3

Formula 1

Other Racing

fim.-live.com: Team USA rules qualifying
    The 65th edition of the Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations started today [Saturday] in the hard pack of Saint Jean dÔÇÖAngely with the three qualifying races. Team USA dominated completely the three heats and they will be the first ones to choose the starting gate tomorrow for the main event.

On the Street

webbikeworld.com: AGV Miglia 2 ÔÇô review

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Fast motorcycle industry news

WEATHER
    US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:

CA:

Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey
    Before a log trip
    Before winter

Woot of the Day

TIP: Check your engine oil level when your engine is warm, bike on center stand on level ground. http://t.co/FyUxd9Ah

QOD: If you wait one hour for each drink before riding, which of the following is true? http://t.co/urKKBvBt

Bike Candy

girlracer.com: Race historic Ducati racer to go up for auction

Tuesday, 20 September

SBK

worldsbk.com: Fores to race for BMW Italia in final three WSBK rounds

worldsbk.com: Melandri ready for final push towards Checa

suzuki-racing.com: Fabrizio fired up for Imola

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - Imola - Preview
    Italy – Imola.
    Preview.
    23 – 25 September 2011
    11 of 13 race weekends
    Munich/Stephanskirchen, 19th September 2011. This weekend (23rd to 25th September), Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport travels to the iconic „Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari“ in Imola (ITA). This is the venue for the eleventh of thirteen rounds in the 2011 FIM Superbike World Championship. At the beginning of the month, the team demonstrated the potential of the BMW S 1000 RR in both wet and dry conditions at its home race at the N??rburgring (GER). The two factory riders Leon Haslam (GBR) and Troy Corser (AUS) are now determined to back that performance up as they return to Italy for the third time this year.
    After ten of the 2011 race weekends, Leon is fifth in the Riders’ Championship on 176 points, while Troy is fifteenth on 67. Between the two of them, they have scored 243 points for Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport this season. In the Constructors’ Championship, towards which only the best result at each race counts, BMW currently lies in fourth place with 214 points.
    Following the race weekend at the N??rburgring, BMW Motorrad and Leon agreed to continue working together into the 2012 season. The second factory rider for the coming season will be announced at a later date.
    Leon Haslam:
    „I am really excited that we can continue working together next season and am very happy that I can have one more year with BMW Motorrad. With the changes we made this year, along with the changes we are making for next year, we are really excited about next season. For now, however, we focus on the last three rounds of this year.
    I am looking forward to Imola. We have made good progress with the bike and it is one of my favourite circuits. I really enjoy racing there and the atmosphere is always fantastic. The track is very bumpy and very undulating. You really need to have your bike set up properly, as the circuit is very demanding with different tarmac in places and a lot of changes of direction.”
    *Troy Corser:
    „The track is very bumpy in places. It has four different surfaces around it where they resurfaced some parts of the circuit. It is very fast, particularly through the back part, which is known as ‘Acque Minerale’. It is important that the bike turns very well on the throttle on the crests coming over the hill and I think this is the case with our bike and engine. The brakes also play a big part there. They help to make the bike more stable.
    I am confident that we can get a good result with our bike. If we can get everything sorted out for Superpole and qualify in the front or second row, I hope we can get some podiums during the run in at the end of the season.”
    Bernhard Gobmeier, BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director:
    „The last race weekend at the N??rburgring showed that we are definitely on the right track. Leon was able to clock very good lap times in both wet and dry conditions. Towards the end of the race he was one of the fastest out there. Unfortunately he crashed out, otherwise there were definitely podium finishes in it – maybe even more. For that reason, what we saw at our home race puts us in a very positive frame of mind ahead of the run in.”
    Background:
    Imola is located in the Northern Italian region of Emilia-Romagna, about 40 kilometres south-east of Bologna. The town has a population of about 69,000. Motorsport has played an important role there since the 1940s. The first races in and around Imola were held on public roads. The foundations for the first racetrack were laid in 1950 and it was opened in 1952.
    The circuit was originally called the „Autodromo Dino Ferrari“, named after Enzo Ferrari’s son, who died at an early age. When Enzo Ferrari died in 1988, it was renamed the „Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari“. The Motorcycle World Championship held its first race in Imola on 7th September 1967, while the FIM Superbike World Championship made its debut in Emilia-Romagna in 2001. In 2011 the series returns to Imola for the ninth time.
    Following the deadly crashes that took the lives of Formula One drivers Ayrton Senna (BRA) and Roland Ratzenberger (AUT), the circuit was modified in 1994. The site was then the subject of extensive renovations in 2006, during which it was modified to meet the latest safety standards. What used to be the final chicane – the „Variante Bassa“ – was completely rebuilt. A long straight which veers slightly to the right now runs between „Rivazza“ and the „Tamburello“ corner. The layout of the circuit, which is negotiated in an anti-clockwise direction, is not the only thing to have been changed. A new pit lane building was erected, as well as a media centre and tower, which houses the race management team.
    Imola is a real challenge for motorcycles, and not just as a result of the many bumps that are characteristic of this circuit. Imola also features several chicanes, the first of which comes straight after the start-finish straight. For this reason, the bike must be excellent when it comes to braking, steering into corners, and accelerating out of bends. Stability is also important, as almost every chicane is lined with kerbs, which unsettle the bike as the riders cut over them. At the same time, overtaking is very difficult in Imola. The rider must be very aggressive if he wants to move through the field during the race. *

MotoGP

motogp.com: Faultless race for winning Stoner

fim-live.com: “A perfect bike” Stoner

hondaproracing.com: Stoner conquers Repsol Honda's 100th win

gresiniracing.com: Determined ride seals fourth for Simoncelli

bikesportnews.com: No grip no confidence for Spies
    -related-
    speedtv.com: Spie's Cary ride

ducati.com: Challenging weekend for the Ducati Team at Aragon

rizla-suzuki-motogp.co.uk: Bautista battles to an exciting sixth at his home Grand Prix

teamaspar.net: Hector Barbera takes excellent eighth at Aragon

teamtech3.fr: Top 10 for battling Crutchlow at Motorland

bbc.co.uk: Bradley Smith signs MotoGP deal for 2013 and 2014 {MonsterTechIII]

Formula 1

attwilliams.com: Singapore preview

lotusrenaultgp.com: Singapore Grand Prix preview

mercedes-gp.com: Singapore preview

lotusrenaultgp.com: Lotus Renault GP granted planning permission for simulator

[url=http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-nick-heidfeld-still-pushing-for-f1-seat-in-2012/]: Heidfeld still pushing for F1 seat in 2012

Other Racing

On the Street

clubchopper.com: Bought a new bike. Its not a chopper, but its tons of fun

speedtv.com: 2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA first ride

motorcycle-usa.com: 2011 BMW R1200GS comparison

thekneeslider.com: Huge market but tiny sales – the uphill road for Harley-Davidson in China

indiancarsbikes.in; A Volkswagen hostile take over of Suzuki – Possible says Volkswagen senior manager

cyrilhuzblog.com: Zero Engineering launches the Type 9 Model with exclusive rear multi-link suspension system

The Mothership

Sepecifications BMW Motorrad model range 2011

BMW Motorrad factory rider Troy Corsedr enjoys the “Wies'n”
    Munich, 19th September 2011. Various stars representing a diverse range of sports on Monday visited the BMW Group’s “Wies’n-Sport-Stammtisch” at the world’s largest and best-known public festival, the Munich Oktoberfest. At the fun-filled ‘Wies’n-Ausflug’, motorsport’s various genres were represented by BMW Motorrad Superbike rider Troy Corser, MINI WRC Team rally driver Kris Meeke, BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt, and BMW DTM drivers Andy Priaulx and Augusto Farfus.

The BMW 1500: Milestone in automotive history

FWIW

Cage World

Reference:: [snipped today due to length of post]

TIP: Keeping some traction in reserve is very important when cornering, braking and swerving. http://dld.bz/dsGR

QOD: Which of the following is a standard motorcycle control? http://t.co/O2KQrUnl

Bike Candy

Wednesday, 21 September

SBK

worldsbk.com: World Superbike heads to Imola with title there for the taking

worldsbk.com: Haslam looking for podiums again

hondaproracing.com: New technology for Castrol Honda at Imola

speedweek.de: Haslam ÔÇô We have made progress

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA SUPERBIKE TEAM - IMOLA ÔÇô PREVIEW

Ayrton Badovini*arrives at*Imola*motivated*by*last week's test at Misano Adriatico.*Spanish rider* Xavi*Fores*will make his Superbike debut,*replacing*James*Toseland*for*the last three races of the Championship.*With the end of the season in sight, the race at*Imola*will be very important for* Zanetti*and* Barrier.

Next Sunday the World Superbike Championship will make a stop*at*the international circuit Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari in Imola for the eleventh round of the 2011 season. Ayrton*Badovini*won the FIM*Superstock*Cup race*at*Imola*in 2010 in a season*that saw him triumph with BMW. Next Sunday*Badovini*will*start the*first*Superbike race*from*ninth place in the*World Championship*provisional standings. Ayrton will use his home advantage to try to improve*his*ranking as the two riders that precede*him*are just a few points*ahead.

Xavi*Fores, the 25 year old Spaniard makes his Superbike debut*on the BMW S1000RR after James Toseland retired from competition following the accident in private testing*at*Motorland*Aragon. Xavi Fores raced in Spain*on*the S 1000 RR, where last year he won the Superstock Championship Extreme. Xavi has already raced at Imola with Supersport in 2005 (withdrawn) and Superstock in 2009 (ninth).

For the* Superstock*team*this*race*will be very important, because Lorenzo*Zanetti*will*try to*prevent*Davide*Giugliano, provisional leader of the FIM Cup,*from*earning*more points*than*him in order to keep the title battle open to the end of the season.* Sylvain Barrier, out of contention for the title, can*work as part of the*team and aim for podium*finishes.

Serafino Foti, sporting director of* BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike team *before*leaving for*Imola*said: "We are approaching the race at Imola with confidence as the test at Misano, with Ayrton, went pretty well, so we hope to*put in*a good performance. Fores was chosen because*he*is familiar with the*bike, which*he*competed*on*last year and won the Superstock Championship Extreme in Spain, and he has good international experience. In*Superstock*we*will*work hard to try to*reduce the gap to the leader. "
    Superbike*Standings: 1?? C. Checa (Ducati) p. 376 - 2?? M. Melandri (Yamaha) p. 302 - 3?? M. Biaggi (Aprilia) p. 281 - ...9??* A. Badovini (BMW)* p. 134 ...22??* J. Toseland (BMW) *p. 13 - 23??* L. Lanzi (BMW) *p. 10...27??* B. Veneman (BMW) *p. 3.
    FIM Cup* Superstock: 1?? D. Giugliano (Ducati) p. 140 - 2??* L. Zanetti (BMW) *p. 117 - 3?? D. Petrucci (Ducati) p. 94 - 4??* S. Barrier (BMW)*p. 85 - 5?? N. Canepa (Ducati) p. 80.

MotoGP

motogp.com: Aragon debrief with Masao Azuma

FIM MotoGP 2011 video ÔÇô Motorland Aragon

motomatters.com: Bridgestone ÔÇô Maso Azuma talks tire degradation at Aragon

fim-live.com: Injured Capirossi a doubt for Japan

bikesportnews.com: Rossi to test Deltabox style frame at Jerez later this week

autosport.com: Why Ducati isn't winning anymore

Formula 1

[url=http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/f1releases/2011/Pages/f1-preview-sin.aspx]fia.com[//url]: Singapore Grand Prix ÔÇô Preview

formula1.com: Game changer ÔÇô Singapore and the safety car

Other Racing

visordown.com: KTM win German superbikes, WSB next?

ultimatemotocycling.com: 24 Hours of Le Mans ÔÇô EWC preview

moto-station.com: 24 Hours of Le Mans ÔÇô Le Certe in trouble

On the Street

A thread over on www.1000rr.net/forums started with a question about the comparison of an RR with a CBR. Finally in 1000rr.net/forum: Post # 53 ÔÇ£Seeing as I've had my '09 Blade for 13,000 miles, and my S1000RR for 7,000 miles, my experience with the 2 bikes might be of interest to some.ÔÇØ ...more

speedweek.de; Troy Corser in lederhosen

webbikeworld.com: Motorcycle battery charger ÔÇô CTEK ÔÇô Review

cyrilhuzblog.com: Harley-Davidson in China. Did you know?

FWIW

Set in the Ducati MotoGP paddock the picture and the resulting blog and article in Gpone.com are about so much more. Motorcycles are incredibly powerful yet the imagination and camera can combine to generate even more.

Cage World

WEATHER
    US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
    US:

CA:

Download Manuals
    Breakdown Dictionary
    Tyre Options
    Tips
    Before every journey
    Before a log trip
    Before winter

Woot of the Day

TIP: Passengers should always straddle the bike with their feet securely planted on the footrests. P.50 http://t.co/jfDAORhW

QOD: If youÔÇÖre being followed closely, which of the following is a good idea? http://t.co/u372lyMP

Bike Candy

Sorry, no details. The photo is unattributed.