Thread: BMW Motorrad-less Newbie! Looking for a good deal

benlorenz

BMW Motorrad-less Newbie! Looking for a good deal

Hello from Southeast Michigan,

Now that my wife and I have a baby, I've decided that it's time to get on with life. What do I want to do? Well, get a motorcycle, of course! ;-)

Albeit very few, as a child, some of my fondest memories were on the back of my dad's and grandpa's motorcycles. I hope to give this gift to my boy, as well: "Daddy! Let's go for a ride!" That would be cool.

I took and passed the MSF rider course and subsequently got my motorcycle endorsement about 2 months ago. I'd like to do more training -- particularly for defensive riding and obstacle avoidance. It looks like schools require that the rider have his own bike. One of the local BMW dealers has offered demo rides, which I've gladly accepted. The new F650GS knocked my socks off. What a balance between maneuverability and power! What a machine! The ABS is more than worth its weight in gold on the street. What the heck? Maybe I'll try the 800GS next and be even more impressed.

Anyone have a 2008 and up F650/800GS for sale?

Eine schoene Gruess an meine Deutsche Motorradfahrer auch. Ich habe 1,5 Jahre lang in Pforzheim gearbeitet. Aber, wegen meine Frau, die aus Traunstein Oberbayern kommt, kann ich Deutsch. Die BMW Maschinen sind einfach toll (der A8, auch)!

Bis bald,
    Ride safe,
    Ben

Hi Ben, welcome home! You will find the Forum here has information on just about anything BMW (and quite a bit not ). great folks and a lot of fun.

Let us know how the Bike search goes and post a picture when you have made your choice.

Once again, welcome.
    Steve Marquardt, 2004 R1150RT

Quote Originally Posted by benlorenz View Post
    Hello from Southeast Michigan,

Now that my wife and I have a baby, I've decided that it's time to get on with life. What do I want to do? Well, get a motorcycle, of course! ;-)

Albeit very few, as a child, some of my fondest memories were on the back of my dad's and grandpa's motorcycles. I hope to give this gift to my boy, as well: "Daddy! Let's go for a ride!" That would be cool.

I took and passed the MSF rider course and subsequently got my motorcycle endorsement about 2 months ago. I'd like to do more training -- particularly for defensive riding and obstacle avoidance. It looks like schools require that the rider have his own bike. One of the local BMW dealers has offered demo rides, which I've gladly accepted. The new F650GS knocked my socks off. What a balance between maneuverability and power! What a machine! The ABS is more than worth its weight in gold on the street. What the heck? Maybe I'll try the 800GS next and be even more impressed.

Anyone have a 2008 and up F650/800GS for sale?

Eine schoene Gruess an meine Deutsche Motorradfahrer auch. Ich habe 1,5 Jahre lang in Pforzheim gearbeitet. Aber, wegen meine Frau, die aus Traunstein Oberbayern kommt, kann ich Deutsch. Die BMW Maschinen sind einfach toll (der A8, auch)!

Bis bald,
    Ride safe,
    Ben
    Hi Ben,

good luck for searching an appropriate BMW Motorbike. The 800 GS is more powerfull, but the 650 is easier to handle. Like you I'm a fan of Bavarian Bikes (and cars) and I can tell you it's lots of fun! The region where your wife comes from is perfekt for motorbiking.

sch?Âne Gr???ƒe auch an Deine Frau aus dem zur Zeit kalten Bayern

Peter

Ben - welcome to the forum

One of the best parts of getting select is picking it.

Remember to rode test any final choice to make sure you bith fit to each other!

Post a picture when you decide and check in often

Luis
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Ben...

Welcome aboard!
    I sent you a PM.
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "