Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Women Authors: Books on Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by womanridge View Post
    I just ordered "The Perfect Vehicle" last night along with American Borders by Carla King. (I'll give a review after I read it.)
    The initial few pages, where she describes someone leaving their home on their bike, is fabulous.

The rest of it is composed of equal parts naivete and bad stereotypes as she tries to figure out who she is and who we are.

I give it a C+/B-

"Hear me Roar" struck Tina as a printed version of "Look at me! I'm a girl on a bike!".
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    The initial few pages, where she describes someone leaving their home on their bike, is fabulous.

The rest of it is composed of equal parts naivete and bad stereotypes as she tries to figure out who she is and who we are.

I give it a C+/B-

"Hear me Roar" struck Tina as a printed version of "Look at me! I'm a girl on a bike!".
    An easy read, and yeah, It was not my type of story if I didn't have a M/C obsession, but I was envious of her mechanical skills. I also think some of her "flings" were something from a different era. Pretty cool that she connected with families and couples while camping though. Almost like a BMW Rally, hey?
    And of course, it was a Ural, not a BMW. LOL But, I still have respect for anyone making a round the country ride on a bike.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923