Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Any Suggestions for Handling an

Quote Originally Posted by sudani View Post
    don't ya love when a plan comes together.....
    Yep!
    Sharon
    '07 R1200RT (my favorite!); '12 Yamaha Super Tenere (El Gordo); '07 Suzuki DR650SE (!);
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Update. Saw the doctor yesterday. Hubby is authorized to gradually increase weight bearing on the broken leg as tolerated and go to one crutch. He says he doesn't have pain when he walks on it.

Oh, and the doc says he can start to drive as he feels comfortable with it.

Looks like we are through the worst of it. Thanks everyone, for your kind support and suggestions to help us through this situation.
    Sharon
    '07 R1200RT (my favorite!); '12 Yamaha Super Tenere (El Gordo); '07 Suzuki DR650SE (!);
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Taking Care of the Care Giver

Now that you appear to be nearer to the end of the challenge than to the beginning I thought you might be ready for another bit of advice on taking care of you instead of the patient..............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Celebration time!!!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    Now that you appear to be nearer to the end of the challenge than to the beginning I thought you might be ready for another bit of advice on taking care of you instead of the patient..............
    Why, thank you very much!
    Sharon
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullett View Post
    Update. Saw the doctor yesterday. Hubby is authorized to gradually increase weight bearing on the broken leg as tolerated and go to one crutch. He says he doesn't have pain when he walks on it.

Oh, and the doc says he can start to drive as he feels comfortable with it.

Looks like we are through the worst of it. Thanks everyone, for your kind support and suggestions to help us through this situation.
    Now that he is almost up an starting to get around again. May I suggest that he starts working out in a pool? I joined a exercise class at our local APEX center (indoor pool,weight room etc) several weeks ago working out in the water and it has done wonders for this hip replacement and back injury sustained on way to rally last summer. I can just get my leg over a RT at the dealer now but they won't let me test ride yet!

Jack

I guess a status update is due. Jan rode the stationary bike to maintain range of motion and to generally avoid losing muscle mass as the leg healed. This week, he has begun some short (10 minute) walks on the treadmill. The first one made his leg sore, but he has kept it up and this exercise has improved his gait significantly. He took his first motorcycle ride since the fracture MLK week-end in Death Valley N.P. We trailered the bikes down (last year it was really (13F!) cold leaving and returning to/from SLC on the bikes).

It looks like he will be just fine for riding season. So, all is good. Thanks again everybody, for your suggestions and tips they were much appreciated.
    Sharon
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Thanks for the update!

Celebration!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    Thanks for that one. It now hangs on my computer. Every consultant's day should start with this! - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA