Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Photos of the 2009 National Rally - where?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,007

    Photos of the 2009 National Rally - where?

    There are some great shots in the latest MOA magazine covering two pages each. Excellent quality images of a few photos.

    I read that there were a number of "(un)official photographers" that covered the rally for MOA.

    Is there a location on the MOA website where these other photos are available for viewing?

    thanks.

  2. #2
    Benchwrenching PGlaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    "Big Bend" TX
    Posts
    8,768
    Paul Bachorz to the Red courtesy phone, please. Bachorz - answer the phone!!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

  3. #3
    Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Posts
    6,822
    There were a team of talented and dedicated photographers who took over 3,000 shots at the National Rally. The one on this month's cover came from that team. The photos filled two DVDs.

    The MOA has all the photos.

    I saw Vince this past weekend at Colors in the Catskills. Vince said that a gallery of the shots was in the works.

    Paul

  4. #4
    Registered User bmwmotowoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    113
    I have not seen it yet, but have been told that there is a really big picture of my daughter by the dunk tank. I hope to see it soon!
    Last edited by bmwmotowoman; 10-06-2009 at 02:52 AM. Reason: spelling
    "If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride"

  5. #5
    On the Blue Roads RevWillie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    544

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwmotowoman View Post
    I have not seen it yet, but have been told that there is a really big picture of my daughter by the dunk tank. I hope to see it soon!
    Yep, she's got a whole, two-page picture, with me, the soaked dunkee!
    She just skipped throwing the ball at the target and came up and pushed the target with her hand. Needless to say, she was very effective in getting me wetter.
    Onward, through the fog!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    I saw Vince this past weekend at Colors in the Catskills. Vince said that a gallery of the shots was in the works.

    Paul
    I'll look forward to it. Hope it comes soon.

  7. #7
    Registered User bmwmotowoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    113
    The picture of Mary Katherine Clark was awesome!! If anyone knows who to contact, I would love to get a copy of that picture.

    The interesting thing about that picture was that it was taken when she first got to the dunk tank. We were there at least an hour! That was all she taked about, besides getting to hit a pinata!
    "If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride"

  8. #8
    Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwmotowoman View Post
    The picture of Mary Katherine Clark was awesome!! If anyone knows who to contact, I would love to get a copy of that picture.

    The interesting thing about that picture was that it was taken when she first got to the dunk tank. We were there at least an hour! That was all she taked about, besides getting to hit a pinata!

    Is this the photo?

  9. #9
    Registered User kgadley01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,535
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post

    Is this the photo?
    thats got to be the one, because that sure looks like Rev Willie in the tank...

  10. #10
    Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Posts
    6,822
    The picture was taken by George W. Gardner.

    Check out his website here.

    George walked the rally using two cameras. One camera was a Leica film camera and the other was a digital camera I loaned to him. But no matter what camera he used, George certainly has the eye for a super shot.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 10-08-2009 at 11:09 AM.

  11. #11
    Registered User bmwmotowoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    113
    Thanks guys. YES that is the picture!!
    "If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride"

  12. #12
    Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwmotowoman View Post
    Thanks guys. YES that is the picture!!
    Send George an email and I'm sure he will send you the original.

    Check out his website here.

    Paul

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    There were a team of talented and dedicated photographers who took over 3,000 shots at the National Rally. The one on this month's cover came from that team. The photos filled two DVDs.

    The MOA has all the photos.

    I saw Vince this past weekend at Colors in the Catskills. Vince said that a gallery of the shots was in the works.

    Paul
    Are the photos posted for viewing now?

  14. #14
    Ute's Chauffeur
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    167
    Patiently waiting....

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,007
    2992 unseen photos


    you'd think someone just drop them in smugmug or like so others could view

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •