Thread: Hotels Near Hunter MT Catskills Rally?

Hybrid View

BLSEXTON

Hotels Near Hunter MT Catskills Rally?

It seems the lodge/hotel at the rally site is all booked up. Can anyone suggest a hotel or two near-ish the rally site? The pre-requisite is to have a pub/restaurant in close walking distance to the hotel, and possibly something within a reasonable budget (Motel 8, Marriott, or some other mid-grad joint, no Foo-Foo required here). I saw the link that was provided in the rally 'poster' with hotel listings, but it would be nice to get some first hand recommendations that others are going to stay at as well.

My Dad is riding out all the way from Iowa so we can go to a rally together. He started riding again about 5 years ago after retirement and we had an opportunity to go to one rally together in the midwest. Being adults it's nice to have a parent/friend to ride with all in the same person. Look for us and say hello- he's on an ex-police RT and I'll be on a romping stomping Ninja 250!

The only thing I can suggest is the Fairlawn Inn @ $169 night. Very close to Hunter.

http://www.fairlawninn.com/

Kinda foo-foo though...
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005

I am staying @ Scribner Hollow 800-395-4683 says that it is a half a mile from from Hunter Mt. $150.00 a night-the pic look nice online -do not know if they have any more rooms booked a month ago

Eric

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    There are many hotels/motels/B&B that were less than $100 a night in the area. That info was in another thread.

I'll search for it and hope to see you there.

Paul

Friends of mine are staying about 20 miles away at a Holiday Inn Express for I think $65.00 a night. Those 20 miles should be happy miles though!

There is a Comfort Inn and a HOJO Inn at exit 20 (Saugerties) which is 20 miles or so. I think the Holiday Inn is in Kingston which is about 35 mi. El Rancho is a great mexican place with a bar maybe 500 yards north on 32 from there and Land and Sea Grill is a another nice place south on 32 about the same distance.

You get to run up the mountain on 23a from Palenville to Hunter or go by my house and take Platte Cove Road ( paved by rough) which will bring you into Tannersville or almost to Hunter. Great view of the hollow from the horseshoe curve.

The Tannersville market & Deli has good breakfasts and great sandwiches. I'ts where the locals stop.

Sweet Sue's in Phoenecia has great Pancakes too right down rte 214 thru the notch from Hunter .
    Saugerties, NY