Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: F800rt

Less is more.
    Check out the letter on p10 of the December ON.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelh View Post
    Check out the letter on p10 of the December ON.
    Done.

He won't buy a vertical twin BMW, but he'll buy a V twin Honda....a "new 700 V twin" that has been in Europe for 12 years. Help me with the math. And he must have forgotten to compare the seat height and C of G. How did he overlook the Burgman? It wouldn't surprise me if there is more to the story.

I did have to pay for the low suspension option, and then the only change I needed to make to my F800ST was a different windscreen. The low seat was a no cost option. (Everything I did after that was because I wanted to.)

I'm a Honda guy (S2000 and Accord V6 with MT), but their motorcycle seats are just too high.

That said, it doesn't matter what you ride as long as you ride.
    Dave
    '92 K75S, '08 F800ST
    Cedar Falls, IA

The subject comes up again on p.10 of the Feb ON. Is it safe to conclude that ergonomics was the reason the author chose the F650GS over the F800ST?
    Dave
    '92 K75S, '08 F800ST
    Cedar Falls, IA

Quote Originally Posted by rx35285 View Post
    The subject comes up again on p.10 of the Feb ON. Is it safe to conclude that ergonomics was the reason the author chose the F650GS over the F800ST?
    I had planned on buying an F800ST. Then I rode one. Horrible ergonomics for me. If i was in my 20's my knees "might" have been able to handle being that bent. But I'm not, and they don't.

Then I rode the F650GS twin. Much more comfortable. Well, after you throw away the stock seat that is.
    Tom
    Salem Or.
    '93 K1100LT w/Bushtec
    '03 F650CS '09 F650GS

Thanks for verifying that Tom. I sat on a friend's GS and the upper torso ergos were very friendly, too.

Ride safe!
    Dave
    Dave
    '92 K75S, '08 F800ST
    Cedar Falls, IA