Let's get past old vs. new and consider those lost/defunct dealerships that we may have frequented. I'll start with my list;
1) Sholly's BMW in Harrisburg, PA - I purchased a R80ST and a set of BMW leathers from them. The set of leathers was later sold to Dennis Gage who has/had a cable TV show called "My Classic Car".
2) Frank's BMW in Mountville, PA - I purchased a 1986 K75c from them in the Spring of 1986 and I think the BMW dealership was closed by that fall.
3) Country BMW in Mountoursville, PA - They did the 600 mile service on the K75c, then dropped the dealership before my 5000 mile service.
4) A shop in Windber, PA whose name I can no longer remember. They were very reasonable and did many services on my K75c. As I recall, the dealership died in the mid 90's.
5-6) San Jose BMW and Competition Accesories (which was a BMW dealership) in Xenia, OH - I did lots of mail order businees with those folks.
7) Heritage BMW in McKeesport, PA became my service shop after the demise of the Windber dealership. It appears that they have followed the lead of the shop in Windber and passed into dealership heaven.
That's seven defunct dealerships that I've dealt with in the past 24 yrs. If I would include the local shops that dropped BMW during the transition from Butler & Smith to BMW NA, the number would ~10. Of course, the B&S days were prior to my ownership of any BMW products.