Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: riding suit

Another vote for Aerostitch

I got a Roadcrafter 2 piece suit, which just arrived less than a week ago. Although it seemed heavy and bulky taking it out of the box, it's very comfortable to wear. With a little practice I can get into it very easily, faster than my wife gets into her 2 piece First Gear outfit. I can easily slip it on without taking off my boots, and it easily slips over a pair of jeans and a shirt. And I really wanted visibility, and I got it with their hi-viz lime, accented with black! I've only worn it for 3 or 4 rides, but I'm very impressed. In our cooler Michigan temperatures, in the 40's to 60's, it's been very comfortable. The pit zips and back vent help regulate the temperature very effectively.
    Dan

Customer Service

I emailed the Aerostich man, Andy G., just yesterday. I had a response in the same day! Now that's what I call customer service. I'm a Roadcrafter man for LIFE.

MarkF

petepeterson
    Luz,, I have helmet I just need a new one...... This horse riding polo helmet doesn't do much ........Pete

Originally posted by Pete Peterson
    Luz,, I have helmet I just need a new one...... This horse riding polo helmet doesn't do much ........Pete
    that makes sense.........try these:
    http://www.lazer.be
    the Luz

Helmets

Only two Helmet makers I trust with my cranium - Arai and Shoei.

You wanna save money? Then don't get an expensive model.

MarkF

Re: Helmets

Originally posted by MarkF
    Only two Helmet makers I trust with my cranium - Arai and Shoei.

You wanna save money? Then don't get an expensive model.

MarkF
    The only brand of helmet I have ever owned is Shoei. Not because I haven't wanted to save money and get something less expensive. It's because they seem to be the only helmet manufacturer that makes a lid to fit my lid. Its as if they used my head for thier fitting model, they just fit perfectly right of the start. Other brands just never feel right when I've tried them on - and I've tried them ALL on. My most recent purchase is an RF-1000, which I got a great deal on in Spokane at the rally - even after paying the duty for the priviledge of wearing it across the border, it was still a bargain. I guess though, it's the only head I'll ever own, so I might as well protect it as best I can.

And that is pretty much how I look at all the protective gear that I wear when riding. And by protective, I don't just mean protection from ashphaltitis, I also mean protection fron cold, wet, heat, and wind. Better riding gear means better riding experiences.

Which brings me to another problem, now that I have a nice new lid, my well worn First gear suit is needing replacement as well. It seems the seams are becoming unseemly.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

Can't stop! Must ride! Trizcuit's Avatar

suits

I'm being forced to relocate up to NY next month. What would be good riding gear to wear during the winter?

Cold?

Aerostich Roadcrafter with Gerbing electric undergarments.

MArkF

Buzzed and Belligerent gambrinus's Avatar
    I'm on the same plan as Mark.. 'Stitch + Gerbings = Happy Rider

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I have tested it down to 19 degrees Farenheit and 70MPH succesfully.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

RIDERR1150GSADV

Talking

A stich being too hot in S Floriduh, I got the BMW Savanna II. Yes, it expensive but a cheap suit is just that. I see a lot of squids with the Joe Rocket stuff and I also see a lot of their armor flip flopping around in the wind as the fabrics seem thin and loose. Not what I see as protection
    Anyway get the best suit you can get, as it may safe your life one day.