Thread: Motorcycle Purchase

Bryan

Motorcycle Purchase

How negotiable is a new BMW bike from a typical dealer? Anyone have any luck with negotiating a bike and accessaries, or just somewhat stuck with what is listed at the dealer. Average price difference between list and initial sale price (before TTL, add-ons, etc) seems to be about 3000 dollars. Looking for any unknown advice at this time that I may not be aware of.

Thanks
    Scotchale

98 Funduro
    04 RT
    05 CS

Usually the price is the price.

They do have lee way on the accessories.

Also they can work a deal on a demo

But if you're buying new off the floor - they have a captured audience so to speak.

I would however negotiate the first service into the deal - takes the sting out of dumping another $2-300 right after purchase.

Especially if you put miles quickly the 600 mile service will be reached fast
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Bryan

Good Tips

Good input, thanks. Wished I'd seen/thought of the first 600 mile check. I'll probably reach that in 5 days next week.

Didn't really expect to make a purchase "TODAY" ! But my wife and I negotiated and purchased a 2010 F 650 GS for her. Been interested for some time in the model, low-frame/low seat, which was available and in the Blue color my wife likes. Intended to wait another week, especially with the possibility of better incentives from BMW beginning Sep 1st. But with the recent final-drive bearing failure of her CS, decided to somewhat replace the CS now, fix it later.

We did walk in with a list from five other dealers around the state, four of whom were all about the same price, one was 2K higher for the same features/year.

All said and done, we were offered about 500 lower on the overall walk-out price, which I guess will cover the 600 mile check. Hopefully this will build a positive relation with this dealer/shop, which is somewhat near us, so we'll be frequenting it more often.

Ironically, a friend of mine bought the F800 GS today as well at another dealer near him. Guess we need to get together for ride?

Scotchale
    10 F 650 GS
    05 F 650 CS
    98 F unduro
    04 RT
    Good Grief

Quote Originally Posted by scotchale View Post
    We did walk in with a list from five other dealers around the state, four of whom were all about the same price, one was 2K higher for the same features/year.
    Hi, Scotchale,
    Where are you? It must be nice to have quotes from five other dealers around the state. There are probably more than 5 dealers in my state (TX), but the closest one is nearly 600 miles from me. My closest dealer (Albuquerque, NM) is 275 miles away.

I hope you will enjoy your new bike. I wouldn't have one (new BMW) because of the dealer locations. I do most of my own work and don't have to worry about plugging into BMW's computer to determine if the gonkulator or the frammus is bad after removing the left-handed thripple pin. I may have a problem, though, if my muffler bearings need to be changed!
    Ride Safe,
    Phil Marvin - El Paso, TX
    '94 K75A/3
    '95 K75RTP

I recently had a dealer poin tout to me that on a Saturday at noonish, the showroom was empty of customers (except us). He assured us we would not walk away based on price. Sure enough, they were willing to deal when they never have before.

Don't forget the $500. rebate from BMW. The dealer will have the paperwork for you.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/general_i...ve_celebration

Quote Originally Posted by widebmw View Post
    Don't forget the $500. rebate from BMW. The dealer will have the paperwork for you.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/general_i...ve_celebration
    Interestingly enough, the dealer never once mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Interestingly enough, the dealer never once mentioned it.
    But below you said that you did get the rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    We just took advantage of the "Love"rogram on Matt's bike. That's what made me consider trading the Guzzi.

The new bike is home...just in time! We are getting wallopped with a thunder storm right now so no pictures tonight.

After 130 miles, I can definately say.....

I LOOOOOVE THIS BIKE!!!!

(ooooh, I gotta go change my signature line!)

The dealer didn't mention it to me either, I found out about it from the BMW MOA web site
    Keith
    09 R1200RT

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.

Well, I don't have the rebate yet but I'm checking the mailbox daily.

Dealer never mentioned it. I found out about it from my fellow MOA members.

perniculous
    Quote Originally Posted by PHMarvin View Post
    I do most of my own work and don't have to worry about plugging into BMW's computer to determine if the gonkulator or the frammus is bad after removing the left-handed thripple pin. I may have a problem, though, if my muffler bearings need to be changed!

Ok, that is my new sig!