Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A Stebel Nautilus by any other name...

perniculous

A Stebel Nautilus by any other name...

is the exact same thing! Strolling through the auto section of my local Meijer store (big super store thing in Michigan and other midwestern states), I saw a Stebel Nautilus air horn. However it had a different brand name like Nolo or something like that. It was the exact same horn for $40. So, if you want to pick one up locally and are near a Meijer check it out.

It is Wolo and it is made for them by Stebel. You can find them on sale at Harbor Freight most of the time for $35.00, plus a 20% off coupon and you are looking at $28.00.

Exactly,HF;

Me too, seen them at HF Tools. They've had them for a few years now at my HF store. The BMW shops out here have picked them up now too, for some time. I think a few bucks more, because its a BMW Shop. Randy

How do you get 20% off at Harbor Freight? Where are these coupons?

BMW_Rogue
    It's the Wolo Bad Boy ... and it's great. Trust me, it will get you some attention if not respect!

Got mine at AutoZone but have seen it in every auto parts store in this area with a very reasonable price tag. An install is pretty straight forward and, since the compressor and horn body can be separated, can be configured to fit pretty much any mounting situation ...

perniculous
    Quote Originally Posted by carockwell View Post
    I just googled it and see one that expired on the 24th. DRAT! I need a cycle lift!

Quote Originally Posted by carockwell View Post
    Go to their web site and sign-up for email coupons. They have been sending a 20% off coupon just about every week, usually on Thursday or Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by perniculous View Post
    is the exact same thing! Strolling through the auto section of my local Meijer store (big super store thing in Michigan and other midwestern states), I saw a Stebel Nautilus air horn. However it had a different brand name like Nolo or something like that. It was the exact same horn for $40. So, if you want to pick one up locally and are near a Meijer check it out.
    A real Stebel Nautilus air horn is not the same thing as a Wolo or any other generic Nautilus air horn because the decibel rating is not as strong as the real Stebel Nautilus air horn. If you are wanting a real Nautilus air horn, go to Twisted Throttle and order it. Harbor Freight is a generic and is not as loud. Believe me, I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Railbender View Post
    It is Wolo and it is made for them by Stebel. You can find them on sale at Harbor Freight most of the time for $35.00, plus a 20% off coupon and you are looking at $28.00.
    It is not as loud a the Stebel Nautilus!

professor
    I mounted the Stebel Nautilus on my '07 1200 RT and I am VERY pleased. I rarely use my horn, but when I do, I want it to be heard. The Nautilus definitely fulfills that requirement.

Why not just buy the real deal from a vendor that supports the MOA and motorcycling in general.....Twisted Throttle - $39.99

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/2137/539/

RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Rosso Mandello

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsrider View Post
    A real Stebel Nautilus air horn is not the same thing as a Wolo or any other generic Nautilus air horn because the decibel rating is not as strong as the real Stebel Nautilus air horn. If you are wanting a real Nautilus air horn, go to Twisted Throttle and order it. Harbor Freight is a generic and is not as loud. Believe me, I know!
    The Wolo IS MADE BY STEBEL! I have both and can tell no difference.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=stebel

http://www.gpecustom.com/Stebel_Air_Horn.html

Quote Originally Posted by Railbender View Post
    The Wolo IS MADE BY STEBEL! I have both and can tell no difference.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=stebel

http://www.gpecustom.com/Stebel_Air_Horn.html
    And the Pinto was made by Ford, but it wasn't a Crown Vic.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

shire2000
    A simple method to settle the dispute about these horns would be to find 2 people that have the 2 different horns and someone that has a decible meter. Check them both at same distance from the horns. I am almost willing to put money on them pushing the same numbers, or at least very close numbers.

The ratings of both these horns is over rated a bit, but they are still the loudest things I have ever heard on any bike.

And if you look around in old stock at some autopart stores, you may find another "brand name" on the same horn. Mine say Bosch on them. Got them a few years ago at a local autoparts store clear out sale for $10. Mounted them on my RT and they still scare the heck out of me when I use them. Lots of blast back due to mounting where stock horns were and the fairing being in the way.

i currently have a Wolo on my bike. at one of the rallies i had the chance to listen to a real Stebel next to my Wolo. the Stebel is louder. i now have a Stebel sitting on the desk in front of me waiting to replace the Wolo tomorrow. got my Stebel from TwistedThrottle.