Thread: Insurance in NJ

Insurance in NJ

Hey folks -
    Yes - new jersey - which is the same as saying "old torture" (the only place that make you pay to get out of the state).
    Any suggestions on insurance? Have been with Allstate because of home & auto, but moto insurance stinks. Have an '04 Boxer Cup R1100S, which they think is a 200hp Moto GP bike...
    Have seen a quote from "Rider Ins", but not sure of their total package. Any good suggestions out there?!?

Thanks a bunch,

Marc Bechtold

Foremost, Progressive

Global Touring
    also
    http://www.amig.com/motorcycle.html

I've used Foremost for 5+ years, no claims experience, but cost seems reasonable; slightly lower (<$300/ year) than AMIG for my bike. YMMV.

You can get online quotes for all of these.

What are they charging for MotoGP bikes? Sport bikes generally pay $2000+ depending on engine size, rider experience, and other variables.

Depending on your zip code, driving record, credit, coverage, and the discounts you are receiving, their price may not be out of line. All the variables are really based on YOU, so what others claim they are getting is not applicable.

Progressive

I carry liability and comprehensive (no collision) on my three bikes. I saved about $1,000 per year switching from Allstate to Progressive for identical coverage. I couldn't believe the disparity.
    2009 R1200R (Commuting)
    2008 R1200GSA (Touring)
    2009 R1200GS (Mountains)

Quote Originally Posted by mtfrench View Post
    I carry liability and comprehensive (no collision) on my three bikes. I saved about $1,000 per year switching from Allstate to Progressive for identical coverage. I couldn't believe the disparity.
    I'm in new Jersey also. I just last week ran comparisons between the Geico and Progressive. Pretty nearly the same. The real gouge in New Jersey is the uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Makes up about a third of the total premium.
    aaaaaa

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    And I complained when my insurance went up by $38.00 here in Virginia with Progressive. I just paid $238.00 for full coverage on two bikes with high limit Uninsured/Underinsured coverage.

My aunt with a modest farm income who died a millionaire said it best. "It's not how much you make, it's how much you have left."

Ken
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

I'm in Jersey and use Rider Insurance Company. No claim history with them thank goodness.

NJ Insurance

Had Rider for many years, then switched to Progressive. Progressive was noticeably cheaper than my preferred rate with Rider. I'm insuring 3 bikes right now, RS, GL1800, and a KLR250. Full coverage on the Wing, liability on the other 2, $359.00 a year. Shop around and good luck. O yea, I'm in Jersey.

Have fun & Ride safe, Anthony
    '83 R100RS
    '03 GL1800A
    '99 KLR 250

k75bmw57

Thumbs up

I use Markle ( BikeLine) for the past 15 years and no problems with them . They have adds in the BMW ON mag. I live in N. Illinois and have 5 bikes with them all full coverage and its about $300.00 a year.the good thing is these guys all ride bikes. there out of Wisconson you can call for a quote at 1-877-269-4671