Thread: Easy Farkel Project

Easy Farkel Project

Have been looking at various catalogs and noticed that on some the saddlebags had BMW lettering and not a reflector.

Can't stand the reflector - personal issue - moving on.

anyway I found out the part number and ordered a couple and put them on this morning - super easy.

The main thing to be careful of is getting under the reflector without nicking the paint, finally ended up using a very small screwdriver, the ones you use for eyeglasses, and just pull up the reflector cover and then, spent a good portion of 10 minutes cleaning off the old adhesive, gave it a once over with some alcohol and then applied the lettering replacments.

For those interested the part number is 46 54 7 706 271

Before:

After:

I think they look awesome
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Yankee Air Pirate
    thats a nice clean look, I may consider doing the same.... I really wish the panniers still had mini roundels on them as well/instead of the reflective.

I like your sticker btw..

B-1

Thanks B1 - with a name like Semper Fi you know I would have something relating to the Corps on the bike. I noted from your signature line you have an RT, I think this modification works for all saddlesbags with the same style, as in the RT/R/GT. If you do plan to do it, just confirm
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Semper_Fi View Post
    Have been looking at various catalogs and noticed that on some the saddlebags had BMW lettering and not a reflector.

Can't stand the reflector - personal issue - moving on.

anyway I found out the part number and ordered a couple and put them on this morning - super easy.

The main thing to be careful of is getting under the reflector without nicking the paint, finally ended up using a very small screwdriver, the ones you use for eyeglasses, and just pull up the reflector cover and then, spent a good portion of 10 minutes cleaning off the old adhesive, gave it a once over with some alcohol and then applied the lettering replacments.

For those interested the part number is 46 54 7 706 271
    That is a great move! I have always thought the reflectors looked bad everytime I saw a marketing picture with the BMW LOGO!

Any legalities to worry about?

I don't think so. If you remove the saddlebags you will see reflectors mounted on the rear fender.
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator