Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BMW Owners Club or riding group in Central Florida?

Sunday Ride....

Okay, assuming Mother Nature cooperates and we have a decent chance of getting a ride in before the rain hits on Sunday, here is our gameplan for anyone interested in joining us:

We'll meet up at the Deny's in Ocoee (west of Orlando on Hwy. 50). The address is:

Denys
    11261 W Colonial Dr.
    Ocoee FL 34761
    United States
    (407) 877-8105

This will be our starting spot, and should be easy to get to for everyone. We'll be there for breakfast at 8:00am, with the goal of hitting the road around 8:45 - 9:00 or so.

From Deny's, we'll take a ride north through old Ocoee, along a nice curvy road that winds along the east side of Lake Apopka up to Plymouth. From there we'll hit 441 for a short stint up to 448 and C-48 west. We'll meander up to south Eustis and pick up Hwy. 19 heading south, through Howey in the Hills with a short sidetrip on 455 and 561. We'll hop on Hwy 27 to get back to 19 and then down to Groveland. We'll then take 50 east to 565a, then south around Clermont (Pine Island Road and Hammock Road) around Lake Susan, and back over to Hwy. 27 again. South on Hwy. 27 for a short ride, then east on Hartwood Marsh through Stoney Brook West and ending at a decent place for lunch and a cold drink at the Winter Garden Village (Chili's, KFC, Starbucks, Longhorn Steak, Panera, and Cracker Barrel just to name a few restaurants that are available there). I've attached a Garmin GPS exchange file for those with Mapsource or a Garmin GPS. According to the software, the total distance for the ride is 87.4 miles (most of which will be 2 lane), which I think we can do comfortably in about 2-1/2 - 3 hours or so. It's a bit longer that I orginally planned for, but what the heck...if you're out, enjoy the ride! We can easily shorten it if that is what everyone perfers.

Cheryl and I ride a 2000 BMW K1200LT, champagne in color. It'll probably be right out front of the Deny's. I hope some of you have the time to join us. I'll post up here on Saturday afternoon / evening if the weather looks ugly.

Let's go for a ride!

Attached Files Attached Files

If you don't mind I'll hook up with you guys too. I'm just South of Ocoee and do lots of riding around here and Lake County. My wife rides too, and may want to come. I'll be on a white r1100rs and she rides a black 650 vstar.
    Larry

Two LT's?!

Vector,

We plan on coming along too! Wife and I will be on an Ocean Blue 05 LT.

Thanks for the Garmin exchange file and thanks for putting together the ride and inviting us along!

Jon
    1995 Honda ST1100
    2005 BMW K1200 LT (gone)
    2011 BMW R1200RT

Great. Looking forward to meeting you guys & gals. My wife will be very interested to talk to another woman rider, as she's almost ready to climb off the back of my bike and start rideing her own. I haven't been over at that Deny's in quite some time, so I hope it's still kicking! If not, I know there is a Perkins about a block east on 50. I'll check the weather and make a final decision Saturday early evening.

BTW, my name is Richard, and my wife is Cheryl.

Great, looks like you guys got something going.
    Hope everyone as a fun and safe ride.
    I will be going up to Roebling Rd with some locals, to check on Nate Kern at a track day in progress. After that will take the long slow winding way home.
    Have a great weekend.
    Bernie Echt
    Jacksonville, FL
    2007 R1200RT Double Silver, 2000 R11RT sold (103K)
    MOA#92589, BMWNEF, BMW Outriders, BMW-RA, AMA

Quote Originally Posted by vectorprime27 View Post
    Great. Looking forward to meeting you guys & gals. My wife will be very interested to talk to another woman rider, as she's almost ready to climb off the back of my bike and start rideing her own. I haven't been over at that Deny's in quite some time, so I hope it's still kicking! If not, I know there is a Perkins about a block east on 50. I'll check the weather and make a final decision Saturday early evening.

BTW, my name is Richard, and my wife is Cheryl.

She has been riding her own since 02 or so. She doesn't ride a lot but does ok. Yes I believe the Dennys is still there. See you at 8:00.
    Larry

Rideoften

Ride

I'll be at Denny's around 8:00.

MB

Well, if we get a day like today it should be a nice ride....a bit warm, but still nice. We'll be at Deny's at 8:00 tomorrow....looking forward to meeting you folks!

Rideoften

Ride

It was great to meet everyone. Sorry I had to cut out early. Let's do it again soon. I'll make the cappuccinos.

MB

Jack Ethridge

Central Fl BMW Clubs

Yes you have asked the question and I responded with GO TO THE HOME PAGE and look on the left side. Click on charted clubes. You will find one in Orlando and several other places.

Jack Ethridge
    Ocala Fl
    352 266-1203
    JETHRIDGE4@COX.NET

Good to meet all you guys and girls. Julie and I both had a fun time on the ride. I'll be scouting out another ride for the middle of next month. Probably do a West Lake County tour and some of the area around Dade City. Hopefully it will be cooling off a little by then.
    Larry

Likewise, it was great to meet and ride with you fine folks. Cheryl and I really enjoyed having a group of like minded people to ride with. We'll certainly have to do that again....I think you get to do the route next time Larry.

Many thanks to Mike, Larry, Julie, Jon, and Susan.....and I hope Julie gets to ride her own bike next time! Till then, ride safe!

Thumbs up Thanks from us as well

"... turn left on JY Parkway.... then right on 50..."

Did that and we made it back just fine! The landmarks that Cheryl gave Susan were helpful. The GPS finally died in the way home. Wondering what to do with it.

Susan and I wish to thank you folks for such a nice Sunday ride! We really enjoyed ourselves. We had not seen that part of the area and it was excellent!

And the talk (and drink - Poweraid) afterwards was just and enjoyable.

Hopefully the ladies are feeling better after they were dragged around the countryside. I'm guessing Julie will be on her scoot next time????

We'll be waiting Larry...

Jon
    1995 Honda ST1100
    2005 BMW K1200 LT (gone)
    2011 BMW R1200RT

Good news. I got Julies' bike running. The pilot jets were plugged. I had to pull them and soak in some carb cleaner overnight. Gas doesn't last as long as it used to. I guess the alcohol content isn't helping anything.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by RSssssss View Post
    Good news. I got Julies' bike running. The pilot jets were plugged. I had to pull them and soak in some carb cleaner overnight. Gas doesn't last as long as it used to. I guess the alcohol content isn't helping anything.
    Larry
    Congrats. If she doesn't ride the bike often, add a little bit of Stabil or Seafoam to the tank to avoid the problem in the future.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com