Thread: No more discount at Chicago BMW??

1024JLC

Angry No more discount at Chicago BMW??

I am shopping around for a new stick coil for my 04 R1150RT, and the MRSP for the part appears to be $121.57. I have purchased parts from Chicago BMW in the past because they discounted by 20%, but when I checked their price on the Stick Coil, low and behold it came up at $121.57.

Has Chicago BMW stopped the discounting practice on their parts or is this just a one-off situation? Any suggestions where I might get a better deal than the MRSP for this Stick Coil (P/N 12 13 76 80 644)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Double D
    Discount still available, just ordered parts from them. They do not advertise the discount.
    If you have ordered from them before you know the wait involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 1024JLC View Post
    Any suggestions where I might get a better deal than the MRSP for this Stick Coil (P/N 12 13 76 80 644)?
    I get my OEM discount parts at BMW Motorcycles of Lynchburg (formerly Hammersley Cycles)...and no wait time required.

$95.72 for the part you listed.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    I get my OEM discount parts at BMW Motorcycles of Lynchburg (formerly Hammersley Cycles)...and no wait time required.

$95.72 for the part you listed.
    I agree. I've used them for the last 12 or so years. Even bought a K75RT from them in the fall at a very good price.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

jimfsh

Discount at Chicago BMW

The message from them is that BMW will no longer allow them to advertise their discount. When you place your order, it looks like it goes through at full price, then they email the order confirmation showing the discounted price. As far as shipping - I ordered a couple of parts on Thursday and had them on the following Tuesday. That's 3 business days, not bad.