Thread: Conspecuity Lights (Lite Buddies & Stop Alert)

GREGFUESS

Conspecuity Lights (Lite Buddies & Stop Alert)

Is anyone concerned about conspecuity lights on the rear of their K12? What are you doing to increase visibility?

There is an LED turn/running/brake light package called LIte Buddies, has anyone used them on a CANBus system?

I have tried to install them on my 2008 K1200S and the wires are a very tight fit in the turn indicator housing, and the running lights have not worked, but the red brake light burns continuously. The LEDs brightness is satisfying, but I cannot use them if the red lights are burning all the time.

Appreciate any and all thoughts and ideas

Greg

You may have to call the manufacturer to figure out color code if the instructions are generic. You may need to swap the leads,sounds like you may have the brakelight lead on the taillight circuit...happens!
    I use HyperLites and put them on the angled license plate assy. I had these on an RT, swapped them over to the S. All the wiring can be neatly routed so it does not show.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Another option to you is the supplimental brake light made by BMW

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fic...t&model=K1200S
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Brake Lights

These work nice,

http://www.p3lights.com/

I have them on a 05 LT

Shameless Hijack

My riding mates tell me my bike is not visible enough from the front so I am adding two driving lights.
    How should they be controlled? Always on, each/both switchable? Any ideas?
    They are small 55w lamps, with a flat fan spread.
    Mark

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" Mark Twain

Shameless Hijack answer

I would say switched - that way you have an option to turn them off.

Run the lights thru a relay to take the main load and use the light switch to activate the relay.
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

GREGFUESS

Visibility

Yea, that's why I am asking, too. My GF rides an R12R and says the headlight is invisible during the day, even after having the shop adjust them. They are definitely on, just burn at about 1 candle power. I am exploring the EFX Slim Motorcycle Conversion Kit. Does anyone have any experience with those?

The Lite Buddies and Stop Alert are a bit of a disappointment. The "running lights" are not very bright, not as bright as the pictures of the lights pictured above and the stop alert only flashes the running lights, not the brake light. C'est la vie, live and learn. The LED turn indicators, though, are much brighter, and that is a plus, though an expensive one. These were purchased from Pirates Lair.

Greg
    08 K12S