Thread: Camping pack...

Hybrid View

Michael Banvard

Cool Camping pack...

So, I want to make with the Motorcycle touring/camping this year. Is there a trick to packing? What, beyond tent & sleeping bag, are things that one needs to consider when camping on a motorcycle?

Re: Camping pack...

Originally posted by Michael Banvard So, I want to make with the Motorcycle touring/camping this year. Is there a trick to packing?
    Get all the stuff you want to take together and divide it into two piles: MUST take and WANT to take. Start packing the MUST stuff first. Depending on your luggage, you may find that liberal use of plastic bags is a wonderful thing. Large items can go into kitchen or full-size garbage bags. Smaller items or groups of small items can go into Ziploc bags of a variety of sizes. Anything in plastic will PROBABLY not get wet.
    What, beyond tent & sleeping bag, are things that one needs to consider when camping on a motorcycle?
    Space Blanket for a ground cloth under the tent, Thermarest pad to lay on, food supplies w/ cooking and serving utensils, WATER, warm clothing, bug spray, SPF30 or better sun stuff, lip balm, the list is endless...

alanz

Motorcycle camping

There is a wealth of motorcycle camping, right here on the on the BMWMOA site

BMWMOA Motorcycle Camping page

I hope this helps