Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Rally ROCKED!

WDaigle
    This was my fourth National and my wife's first. They have all been great. I thouroughly enjoyed Vermont, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. They all had something different to offer. This one was great. My wife and I volunteered for multiple shifts and enjoyed doing it. The rally experience is what you make of it. We made it a fantastic 10 day trip. We road some great roads to and from the rally and while there. We ride up to the Smokies every year for a week or so and find more great roads each time. For those that chose to let a few minor inconveniences get in the way of having a good time, I'm sorry for you. You missed out on a fun time. We loved the great food vendors, lots of vendors, the GS challenge, Chris Mcneil, and all of the great BMW and local folks. The air show was a great touch but sorry we missed the fireworks. This rally had it all. IMHO it ROCKED.

Hated seeing the other one keep popping up on the main page...even if I was the cause...

We really had a blast...didn't get to meet the gaggle of ex -TOTS patrons Friday night in the Beer Garden as I was helping a fellow out with a busted gas connector up by Registration...but that's the Boy Scout/McGyver in me. Didn't want my gas fumes to ignite from certain cigar smokers after that anywayThe place was a frenzy as expected with that many folks and having attended other brand rallies in our past still refreshingly PG. We spent some money on clothing and bike stuff... The beer tent was great, what little music we heard was great, the volunteers were awesome for the most part ( see other thread) And almost everyone had a smile on their faces...even when huffing up a hillside. When you said Hello...it was typically reciprocated in like fashion. Got to see two fellow clubmates get mileage awards...Cool! Didn't win a bike, but one of these days...Have won door prizes at the last two rallies ...wasn't my year...
    If you got out and rode the area...WOW! We did the track event at Bristol...another WOW and a once in a lifetime opportunity. The locals we met repeated what others said about us being the quiet ones and asked about our bikes and where we came from.They said we talked funny in Texas Met some of the senior Model T drivers at our hotel that were coming in as we were leaving...they appreciated the bikes and the heritage as well.

So in our minds...The Rally ROCKED
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Dude! How could you blow me off? *sigh*

One of these days Wez...
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait