Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thanks Vance and Connie

I thoroughly enjoyed the rally, and really appreciate all the work that went into it.

Thanks to Vance and Connie, and everyone else that helped to make this rally such a success!
    ride what you've got; enjoy the road you're on!

Reid - Stone Ridge, NY - MOA #69187 - Turbo Fluffy Motoclub - IBA #50182

Amen!

Vince, Connie, the chairs, and all the volunteers did a fantastic job with the lousy site they had to work with.

I saw Vance on Saturday and he was still smiling. I saw Connie in the dunk tank on Saturday (after I pushed the release) and she was still smiling.

Outstanding job both of you. Your year + of hard work made it such a pleasure for all of us. A tip of the hat to all of your chairpersons. They rock.

Next year you can kick back, relax and have a great time in Redmond.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post

I can't remember the last time I attended a rally that had such an easy going vibe. I think it comes straight from the rally chairs and wound up being passed right on down to nearly every soul that attended.

Very, very, very well done, all.
    AMEN!

It t'was a pleasure to be a volunteer at this rally and it made me proud to be a MOA member

Let's hear it for a GREAT group of Beer Tent volunteers! It made it an easy job being a Head Bartender
    Last edited by RevWillie; 07-21-2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: incompatability with the English language
    Onward, through the fog!

Quote Originally Posted by gearheadgrrrl View Post
    Vince, Connie, the chairs, and all the volunteers did a fantastic job with the lousy site they had to work with.

"Damned with faint praise" department.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by gearheadgrrrl View Post
    You have to make a choice. If you want to ride great roads in the mountains, you have to be in the mountains. If you are in the mountains, it ain't gonna to be level. If it ain't level, buildings and other accommodations have to be adjusted for the terrain. The rally was at the most level spot in the area that was large enough to handle it.

Ken
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Great time!

I don't care what the crybaby's say. It was a fine rally. Everything needed to make almost everyone happy was in place.

As far as the hills of Tennessee are concerned, that's why I went. I couldn't sleep on a hillside in South Louisiana unless I camped on the side of the Mississippi river levee and lord knows the riding there is better.

Good job everyone.

Rally Rat

Thanks

Thank you to all who put this rally together. All your hard work made it possible for old and new friends to meet again with all the fun times provided by the music, seminars and vendors. Volunteers were great to give up their time during this rally to help where needed.

I had a blast. This was my first long distance rally (long for me!) and it was all about the ride there and back. The time spent at the rally was relaxing and fun. No pooh-poohing from me. The sherpa tent setup was the best....would do that again in a second. The folks there were friendly and inviting.

I consider this rally a notch on my belt. You gave me a reason to get on the bike and ride.....for hours!

It was a great rally! My little girl LOVED getting Vance wet-as well as anyone else-at the dunk tank.
    Last edited by bmwmotowoman; 07-23-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: mistake
    "If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride"

Thanks

Thanks Vance & Connie for a great rally. You did a lot of work to make it that way.
    From 2 of your Go-Fer Co-Chairs Lee & Verna.
    When life hands you lemons,
    ask for salt and Tequila!!
    Lee

I want to add my thanks too! This may have been only my 4th National but it was great! Plenty of places to find food... I had no problems with either the showers or toilets....lots o'vendors (ouch!)...and great roads in the area! Oh! I forgot to mention all the nice people I met - while volunteering and just being on the grounds.

There will always be people who find fault with anything instead of looking for the the things that work. (no, i'm not a pollyanna - just someone who's traveled enough to be flexible)

Thanks Connie & Vance! It was a great time!
    Sarah B
    Milwaukee,WI
    '09 R1200GS 'Starbuck' my big silver baby
    '13 K1600GTL Graphite Grey... yet unnamed!

THANKS! Vance and Connie for your wonderful support of Camp GEARS!!

Voni and Paul
    sMiling and wRenching
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

I'll echo the chorus of thanks to Vance and Connie for throwing one HELUVA great party!

But they didn't stop there- they threw one HELUVA party, and they made it look so easy and effortless too. It was a pleasure to be there, and a pleasure to volunteer as well. I will always have great wonderful memories of Mountain Magic...Southern Style!
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad