Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Rally attendance?

BUBBAZANETTI
    Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    I arrived Thursday and was pre-registered.
    I literally breezed through registration, I think it took 5 minutes.
    The walk-in registration line looked like it was moving briskly but there was a line.
    i was amazed at how quickly the regular line went.

i showed up wed, threw up a tent, then went south to an ADV thing for the night. i got back about 11:30 on thurs and was done registering by 12:05. 35 minutes at prime time is pretty good IMO!

I arrived Thursday 3:30 p.m. Pre-register line was 20 min. tops with some fine conversation. The walk in line appeared to be moving faster.

The walk-in line moved quickly Thursday AM even though the lot was already filled with bikes -- the longest part of our registration was filling in the forms. There were lots of volunteers handling registration and things moved quickly.
    Texan RT | Houston | IBA
    BMW R1200RT | HD Road Glide

Disappointed they did not mention the number of Canadians present

Was really disappointed that when the tallies for registration were given they mentioned a number of countries but never mentioned Canada. Ever year a large number of Canadians come to the rally, the least they could have done was recognize this. Heck Belise got mentioned.
    Anyone know how many Canadians attended

Being a proud Canuck,I noticed the lack of mention as well
    Nose

sam314
    Quote Originally Posted by BAClark View Post
    Was really disappointed that when the tallies for registration were given they mentioned a number of countries but never mentioned Canada. Ever year a large number of Canadians come to the rally, the least they could have done was recognize this. Heck Belise got mentioned.
    Well I know of two! Myself and a buddy of mine. We came from Newfoundland & Labrador. For the record, I had a fantastic 7166km round trip. (that's ~4500 miles for the non-metric types).

we were in VT, this rally was more fun for us. Redmond is out of reach, but we.ll go in 2011 if its anywhere near the east coast. Like Ohio or nearer.

Quote Originally Posted by TexanRT View Post
    The walk-in line moved quickly Thursday AM even though the lot was already filled with bikes -- the longest part of our registration was filling in the forms. There were lots of volunteers handling registration and things moved quickly.
    It's the 25th....I'm still in line!

I agree. Lots of Canadians attend..........
    Cheers............Rod
    BMWMOA# 114168 IBA# 19606
    "Road Worthy": http://www.trafford.com/Bookstore/Bo...=SKU-000167680

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    I don't think they mentioned Canada because so many of your folks show up that you are considered a normal part of the general membership. It seemed like about every third person I talked with was from Canada.

Ken
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Quote Originally Posted by ima4nr View Post
    I was wondering when the first post like this would appear and the discussion would start again.
    I hope one of these days we will get 0% of bikes in trailers and the organisers will not have to bother anymore with the Vintage Bike display (can you see a perfectly restored 1965 R69S being ridden from Florida to Redmont)
    I think you might have misinterpreted the comment by IndyGT. You must know that the Vintage Display is always a popular stop for rally-goers. Thanks for taking the extra effort to add to the rally, by bringing your older beauties for all of us to enjoy.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by 21440 View Post
    Don't take this personel but I was charged with drunk driving 35 years ago,and been ticket free since learning from my mistake, but Canada won't allow me into there country for that. So i'll just spend my time and money in the good old USA. Who needs such c**p!!
    I'm not sure how Canada not letting you in the country leads to a good reason for the MOA to not mention the number of Canadians in attendance at the rally.

There are procedures you can go through to regain entry into Canada after a period of time. 35 years is plenty. If you're interested, you can visit this website, which has links to forms and people you can contact. Even if you disagree with their governments actions, there are plenty of really great people in Canada, and it's a beautiful country to visit.
    Last edited by jdmetzger; 07-30-2009 at 11:46 AM.

5%? Are you sure?

5% out of 6,000 = 300

That would be much more than I would have guessed. Where did the 5% come from?

/Guenther
    (Watching the Texas-HDs-on-trailer migration every August going north on I-25)

There must have been a few really big trailers because my friends bike broke down and I went looking to borrow a trailer to retrieve him and I didn't see anywhere near 300 trailers around the camp sites or in the parking lots.
    RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Rosso Mandello

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guenther View Post
    5% out of 6,000 = 300

That would be much more than I would have guessed. Where did the 5% come from?

/Guenther
    (Watching the Texas-HDs-on-trailer migration every August going north on I-25)
    e

Where could you hide 300 trailers in Johnson City?
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Jack Wells used a trailer. To haul 15 vintage bikes. I also saw some bikes being loaded into the beds of pickups. Both would reduce the actual number of trailers, right?