Question 2009 Rally attendance?

What was the official rally attendance?

Thanks
    Dave Mishalof
    Escondido, CA
    Charter Life Member # 28793
    IBA # 43

bike junkie...
    8900 and some was announced at the Awards Ceremony.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    8,972 was announced with between 6 and 7 thousand bikes.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Bristol, Vermont - Gateway to The Green Mountains
    VT still has the record at 9200+ ?????

VERMONT = 9286

TN was close, but no cigar!
    RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Rosso Mandello

That's a no brainer, e.g., the economy is now in the tank and VT is next to a large chunk of the USA's population. That's one reason the location this year WAS so nice-less people around to clog things up!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
    VERMONT = 9286

TN was close, but no cigar!
    Vermont was a great rally destination. I loved it there. Great roads, great scenery, neat covered bridges and historic buildings. I look for another excuse to ride there.

Jeff Dean − Tucson, Arizona − BMW MOA Co-founder (1972)
    http://bmwdean.com − MSF Chief Instructor (1994)
    Friend of the Marque (1999) − Prof. Gerhard Knochlein BMW Classic Award (2013)
    2014 & 2007 R1200RTs, R60/2s, R67/3, R51/3 ↔ 1949 R24

Disappointed they did not mention the number of Canadians present

Was really disappointed that when the tallies for registration were given they mentioned a number of countries but never mentioned Canada. Ever year a large number of Canadians come to the rally, the least they could have done was recognize this. Heck Belise got mentioned.
    Anyone know how many Canadians attended

Being a proud Canuck,I noticed the lack of mention as well
    Nose

sam314
    Quote Originally Posted by BAClark View Post
    Was really disappointed that when the tallies for registration were given they mentioned a number of countries but never mentioned Canada. Ever year a large number of Canadians come to the rally, the least they could have done was recognize this. Heck Belise got mentioned.
    Well I know of two! Myself and a buddy of mine. We came from Newfoundland & Labrador. For the record, I had a fantastic 7166km round trip. (that's ~4500 miles for the non-metric types).

we were in VT, this rally was more fun for us. Redmond is out of reach, but we.ll go in 2011 if its anywhere near the east coast. Like Ohio or nearer.

I agree. Lots of Canadians attend..........
    Cheers............Rod
    BMWMOA# 114168 IBA# 19606
    "Road Worthy": http://www.trafford.com/Bookstore/Bo...=SKU-000167680

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    I don't think they mentioned Canada because so many of your folks show up that you are considered a normal part of the general membership. It seemed like about every third person I talked with was from Canada.

Ken
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Quote Originally Posted by 21440 View Post
    Don't take this personel but I was charged with drunk driving 35 years ago,and been ticket free since learning from my mistake, but Canada won't allow me into there country for that. So i'll just spend my time and money in the good old USA. Who needs such c**p!!
    I'm not sure how Canada not letting you in the country leads to a good reason for the MOA to not mention the number of Canadians in attendance at the rally.

There are procedures you can go through to regain entry into Canada after a period of time. 35 years is plenty. If you're interested, you can visit this website, which has links to forms and people you can contact. Even if you disagree with their governments actions, there are plenty of really great people in Canada, and it's a beautiful country to visit.
    Last edited by jdmetzger; 07-30-2009 at 11:46 AM.

5%? Are you sure?

5% out of 6,000 = 300

That would be much more than I would have guessed. Where did the 5% come from?

/Guenther
    (Watching the Texas-HDs-on-trailer migration every August going north on I-25)

There must have been a few really big trailers because my friends bike broke down and I went looking to borrow a trailer to retrieve him and I didn't see anywhere near 300 trailers around the camp sites or in the parking lots.
    RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Rosso Mandello