Thread: wishing it were me

wishing it were me

Yesterday in my travels, I saw about a dozen seperate BMW's fully loaded with luggage, camping gear, etc., heading south on I-95. I can only assume these folks are rally bound.

This was supposed to be the day that I hit the road leading to Tennessee. I'm so bummed...

Safe travels to all!

Hi Tracy,

My sympathies to you! I too planned to go but at the last minute some "emergency" stuff came up and I decided to not go from MN to TN. I've already had a couple nice road trips on my K75 and hope to ride out West to Yellowstone sometime soon this summer.

The rallies are a great place for fellowship and education but obviously it's not in the cards for me going this year.

I can relate!

Ken

TGHSMITH
    I know that feeling well, spent two days driving a company van pulling a huge wells cargo trailer only to blow right on through missula mont. watched bikes playing in both directions that year.. me working...30hrs and counting for this year..

Quote Originally Posted by tghsmith View Post
    I know that feeling well, spent two days driving a company van pulling a huge wells cargo trailer only to blow right on through missula mont. watched bikes playing in both directions that year.. me working...30hrs and counting for this year..
    8:00 Central time Wednesday, July 15, 2009= 16 clicks till lift off!

Waiting the thunder to quit

Loaded and ready to go in Bloomington IN, watching for the red to leave the radar and the thunder to quit!. Looks like 45 minutes until take-off.
    2008 K1200GT 2003 R1200CLC/Hannigan
    "Colts win 2007 Superbowl with new running back"

We had those thnder boomers here in WI early this morning, I assume the same ones in IN.

I am in the same boat. I drive to Chicago every day I work, and saw lots in WI on
    I-90 heading that way too. Is fun to watch them though.
    Not alot between Rockford to Chicago, mostly in WI and from the IL state line down as far as Rockford, after that I assume they are going S on I39, which is the way I'd go.
    Safe travels, everyone!

Gilly
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

SW Missouri here.

Ended up using all my vacation on getting the parents home empty before we close.

I have taken literally tons of stuff to recycle, dump, burn, free store, auction, and tons to go. It hurts to throw out good stuff, but I do not have room to store it, in fact some of my junk has to go also.

It was a 1 day, or 2 days with some fun, to the rally, next year who knows.

I went one day to Arkansas, cut short when nursing home called to tell me dad fell and was taken to the hospital. Nursing home over reacted, he was what passes for fine at his age, the hospital did nothing. EXCEPT BILL

If it was not for riding to work there would be no riding.

I have seen a few beemers heading out, and it hurts. This would have been my first national.

OH well, I am an engineer, I guess having to wait longer than you wanted for your first time comes naturally

You all have fun, I got to get back to sorting junk

Rod

Hey, some of us have to hold down the forum while everyone's gone!

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Hey, some of us have to hold down the forum while everyone's gone!
    Going to the Rally doesn't stop us. I just turned on my laptop in my camper and here I am.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.