Thread: Test Ride Warning!!

Test Ride Warning!!

Well, how do I say this, I just got a new KGT 1300

Wow what a bike!

I am going to miss my RT, I needed it to close the deal on the GT or would have kept it.

At least i can take solace with the GT.

Had a 50ish mile ride home and it was just absolutely fantastic - love everything about the bike except the switchgear, actually let me claify that - the overall switchgear is fine - it is the UJM turn signals - I now need to relearn how to put the stupid signals on!! - they should have left that alone.

for Max BMW and crew, they worked an awesome deal for me, swapped out the switchgear as the windshield adjust wasn't working and i was on my way.

By the way - if you road test one of these babies, bring your wallet!!

Can't wait to put some saddle time in tomorrow.

Wish I could have kept the RT.......
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

NICE!!!

Congrats
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

Pretty, Semper-Fi! Congratulations on a magnificent bike. Thank you for all you do.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-J View Post
    Pretty, Semper-Fi! Congratulations on a magnificent bike. Thank you for all you do.
    Yeah sure, " I will be at the Vanilla Bean on a Blue RT" the man says.

Now that your taking the Express, maybe I should get there early.

Sweet ride
    Steve Marquardt, 2004 R1150RT

Congratulations & it looks sweeeeeet!

SWEET ...nice bike! I know how that can happen

sure is smooth isn't it!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    SWEET ...nice bike! I know how that can happen

sure is smooth isn't it!
    It's a definate wolf in sheeps clothing - in one sitution it is trolling along in 3rd in the back roads and the next I am clamping on ALL binders as the tach is hitting 8K and i have run out of room and the thing showed NOOO sign off getting close to running out of wind.

WOW!

Just finished waxing the bike and at one point the bike had three different colors as the sun was shining on it, a burnt copper, to a metalic orange and then to a red.

Luis
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

I don't consider it to be "in sheeps clothing" at all, it looks mean as hell and it is. On the 1200's you have to learn how to tame it too, it does not suffer fools gladly.

You need to find longer roads.

Gilly
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

Nice bike, but why do ya wish you could have kept the RT!

Really Nice GT! I love the color too. I came very close to buying the same bike , but my '05 red RT is just such a sweet ride, I couldn't get myself to part with it. What was your "tipping point"?

DWR302
    Congrats luis. Aint it just a rocket? Just did the same thing a week ago. Got just a 1000 miles on the clock now. The thing gets into triple digits in a heartbeat.
    Smooth as silk. Enjoy.

2-up and havin' fun sugarhillctd's Avatar
    VERY NICE- Many happy miles.

I am a couple of hours north of Max. Good thing they aren't closer.........................
    John & Cathy
    '92 K100RS (gone- '04 R1100S Boxer Cup)
    '12 Suzuki DRZ400
    ("kid's" bikes) '02 Kaw ZX6R- Jen's '07 Duc 800ss- Johnnie's

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I don't consider it to be "in sheeps clothing" at all, it looks mean as hell and it is. On the 1200's you have to learn how to tame it too, it does not suffer fools gladly.

You need to find longer roads.

Gilly
    I hear you on both accounts - I was making the reference of the broad spectrum the bike is capable of - for those who are not familiar it looks like a regular bike, until they see the big red S, or should I say Blue/White roundel

Quote Originally Posted by hojoinsc View Post
    Nice bike, but why do ya wish you could have kept the RT!
    I did so much work to my RT, adjusting this readjusting that, getting my gerbing controller in just the right area of the left front fairing for ease of access, GPS mountuing (I ran the wire harness to my GPS twice to get it where I wanted) stuff like that - actually the bike is exactly how I wanted it - so it was time to trade - but seriously all the work put in the and enjoyment returned.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
    Really Nice GT! I love the color too. I came very close to buying the same bike , but my '05 red RT is just such a sweet ride, I couldn't get myself to part with it. What was your "tipping point"?
    Excellent question - never thought of it in that perspective. There were several:

- all the ride reports both in mgazines and this and other forums were glowing so the only logical thing to do was ride the bike myself and see what the hoopala was about.

From the ride test I toke away several things:

- solid as a rock, you ride it where you want and the bike/suspension/frame position ergonomics does the rest
    - I had ESA on the RT and thought it was the next best thing to sliced bread, the ESA II on the GT is a step above - if you like ESA you will love the next gen
    - Cockpit fit - I find the GT more roomier, I also like the seat, the RT stock seat was ok, this one is firmer and I have more room to move around. The additional firmness supports me better and am more comfortable - that was a big plus
    - and the final item to win me over, the engine - incredible and I love the exhaust tone when running up thru the gears - it sounds like a turbine and the power keeps coming. Power delivery is not like a switch but more like an everygrowing tsunami, I found myself laughing a few times and I wasn't event in the "angry zone" of the power band

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHillCTD View Post
    VERY NICE- Many happy miles.

I am a couple of hours north of Max. Good thing they aren't closer.........................
    I hear that - great shop and guys but I can never seem to leave empty handed!!
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DWR302 View Post
    Congrats luis. Aint it just a rocket? Just did the same thing a week ago. Got just a 1000 miles on the clock now. The thing gets into triple digits in a heartbeat.
    Smooth as silk. Enjoy.
    You know this bike is a blast - it will rip a hole in the highway at a moments notice and tonight my wife and I went on a leisurely coastal ride as the sun set and I think I got it into 4th twice, the rest of the time just trolling along - not even breaking a sweat!!
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Nice.. congrats.. really..

=)