Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stuck in Kansas with a broken hip

From MARS
    Thanks for the on scene report.

Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she gets better soon.

Tom

Give him a shout!!!

Jack has moved to the

Kansas Rehabilitation Hospital
    1504 SW 8th Ave
    Topeka Kansas

Room # 230

1-785-235-6600

He will be in no time..........
    R and R

Stopped by and spoke to Jack today he ask that I thank everyone for writting he does not have internet conections at the rehab hospital but will respond as soon as he can.

RT
    R and R

Heading out

Wow. So there are people out there who feels caring and concern to others misfortune. I wonder if this classifies the members of BMWMOA as a new species of human

Thank you everyone for the many replies, emails, and drop ins, my mother and I really appreciate it, and I'm sure my father does to.

My mother and I will be making a trip to Kansas to visit Father at the rehab center, to steal his 5 year old canned chicken noodle soup and stale apple suace the nutritionalists are no doubt stuffing down his throat. I'll bring a copy of your replies and emails so he can read them.

If the hotel we will be staying at has wifi I'll update when we get there. Thanks again for your kindness ^^.
    Last edited by jacko; 08-14-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Howdy, Thomas!

Hope your Dad is doing better every day.. Got him in my prayers...

I'm down here in Central Texas... not going to the Rally.

Although we are kinda far away, don't hesitate to post your needs.. we'll do whatever we can.

Hang in there! and give your Dad a "high five" for us!

Jackies wife and son have arrived safely and are by his side. They have raised his spirits.

My wife says thanks to the Watsons for the flowers they sent her they are beautiful !!!!! Thanks RT
    R and R

Goin Home

Stopped by to say so long to Jackie as he is going home today. I could tell how excited he was at the thought of getting out of the hospital and going home although the hip was giving him a little trouble last night. He had a very busy day yesterday.

We talked about motorcycles and the various models he might get IF he gets another ( he will) I told him to make plans for Redmond as I plan to ride out to his place and then on to Redmond with him and his new GS-/5-RT ÔÇô what ever he comes up with anyway Good luck to you my friend sorry for your pain and great hopes for the future.

Your friend Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R and R

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    It looks like he's maintained a sense of humor.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery, I did 2 weeks in rehab myself.
    I'm sure he'll be right as rain in no time, waving buh-BYE to all of the nurses,
    CNAs and PTs.
    Keep us posted, won't you?
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60

This is excellent news! keep getting better!

New hip? New bike:)

Thanks for sharing the story and best regards to your Dad. I sent him a email, so he knows this, from me! My best friend had the hip replaced three years ago, an avid horse rider. STILL today, riding horses a lot, every week in NO PAIN with new hip in place. She was so elated to find her passion was still with her, after such an operation and recovery. Its a tough one, indeed to go through, BUT do not give up your passion for the hip, as its better than new, believe me. Judy, my best friend rides several times a week in the saddle and on my Beemer too, at 59 and has NO PAIN at all. Be positive and we'll meet another day at another rally and your Dad on his newer Beemer. Randy