Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Traffic enforcement in the vicinity Rally

Quote Originally Posted by kgadley01 View Post
    meet me at the Rally and I'll explain how to calculate speed (the formula) bring pen & paper... Kenny.
    I know. I'm just complaining about the inaccuracy of them and all things German.
    Jason
    Give a hand. http://www.akitas.org

Quote Originally Posted by ima4nr View Post
    As BMW speedometers are known for being notoriously "fast" you should be perfectly fine if you observe the limit as per your speedo indication.
    I've seen worse on- are you ready for this?- a Honda. I was on an R100R and a friend was on a Honda VTR SuperHawk. We swapped bikes for a bit, and I noticed at one point that the Honda's speedo was reading 129 MPH. 129??? I knew that this was wildly inaccurate because:

1) It only felt like about 75 or so.
    2) My R100R was right there behind me in the mirrors, and I know that it wasn't capable of 129 MPH.
    3) That R100R's low gearing meant that to even get over 90 required a fair amount of distance to push it into the upper RPM's, and we were on a fairly curvy road.
    Bikeless for now...but not forever!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by ima4nr View Post
    As BMW speedometers are known for being notoriously "fast" you should be perfectly fine if you observe the limit as per your speedo indication.
    The dozen Japanese bikes I had before my first BMW were not more accurate than the BMWs. Of my last 16 bikes, only my Airhead is close to accurate (it's a little slow).
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.