Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This may be WISHFUL thinking, but

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEH View Post
    Thanks Jason!
    I had done some searching but was not having much luck. You got me pointed to the right place and I found the Boone Reservoir. About a mile or so from the rally site. Appears to be a free beach! Which is just my style.
    Go approximately 1 mile, cross the Holston River and turn right at the Reservoir sign.

Thanks again.
    Steve
    Sounds like an perfect afternoon to me!
    Susan
    '03 F650CS "tink" (sold)
    ÔÇ£City girl who adapts well for short periods of time." J. Bainbridge (Idaho boy)
    "The highways of life are full of flat squirrels who couldn't make up their minds.." Unknown

If the rally were today, you would not have needed a swimming pool. About 2 inches of rain in 40 minutes today with a little hail thrown in for good measure!!
    Ken Martin
    Kingsport, TN
    2004 R1150RT, 2002 Ducati 748, 2007 Aprilia Tuono

Try the natural water park in Nantahala, NC.... cold water and easy rafting, great food and fun to watch kayakers. go on...you know you want to!

Quote Originally Posted by sudani View Post
    Sounds like an perfect afternoon to me!
    I am with you,brothers and sisters!
    Sometimes,nothing is a real cool hand.

If you want a little riding with your swimming, there are two large and beautiful lakes pretty near to the rally:

Lake Watauga this is a beautiful lake, about a half hour from the rally.

Holston Lake

both are TVA lakes.

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

I suggest those that want to do a group swim post on the message board in registration a time and where/when. Fun to go together. If I can get my wife to go....sheesh...125lbs and she complains shes fat.....puuuulease....Well I'm down 30lbs since march....

I then made the suggestion she'd never been to a rally! Remember the demographic! LOL!
    Last edited by jasonTDI; 07-10-2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling police....
    Jason
    Give a hand. http://www.akitas.org

Don't tell anybody

but my wife is one of those who if they can't see the bottom of the lake won't swim in it...

that is why i was asking about a water park.

and so as to clarify, i was thinking wishfully about the weather cooperating, not about there not being a place to go in TN.
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......

Swimming Options in the Area

Hi, everyone. This is actually Hillman's daughter, and I live in Gray, just a short distance from the fairgrounds.

There have been several replies, and I would agree that The Wetlands in Jonesborough is a great pool / waterpark. It is open weekdays and Saturdays from 10 am - 6 pm and Sundays from 12 pm - 6 pm. The admission for adults is $11. However, if you wait until after 3pm, many people (including large groups of kids) leave and the admission is only half price.

Also, there is a swimming area at Boone Dam. It is free, and there are restrooms there. From Gray, you would take 75 toward the airport (east). After crossing 36 (Kingsport Highway) go a mile or two and you will go through an area of new bridge construction. Right after this bridge, you will turn right on Boone Dam Road. Go another couple miles and there is a swimming area on the right and an overlook at the end of the road.

I hope you all enjoy your visit!