Thread: Feedback on New BMW System 6 Helmet

TomG

Question Feedback on New BMW System 6 Helmet

Before I drop the big wad on a new System 6 helmet, I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who owns one or has tested one. I have heard that the faceshields do not seal very good. I was also wondering about the noise levels compared to other helmets (like the Schubert Concept).

Global Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    Before I drop the big wad on a new System 6 helmet, I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who owns one or has tested one. I have heard that the faceshields do not seal very good. I was also wondering about the noise levels compared to other helmets (like the Schubert Concept).
    No personal experience.

The most recent (July 2009) issue of the German print moto-mag TOURENFAHRER includes an extensive comparison test of 8 flip-helmets sold on the Euro market. The print article is not yet posted on the TF website, http://www.tourenfahrer.de/index.php?id=1774, but may get uploaded in 4-6 weeks.

TF tested System 6, HJC FS-Max, IXS HX 360 Roadster, Lazer Paname LX, Nolan N103, Schuberth C3, Shark Evoline, & Shoei Multitec; included extensive safety/ impact tests by Germany's TUV (Rheinland) standards agency using ECE-05 standards; quietness; comfort, etc. TF's summary "recommended" the Schuberth, Lazer, & Shoei; but did not recommend the System 6.

System 6 measured quiet, passed the ECE-05 "G-force brain damage" measure, but did poorly on a specific ECE-05 chin-bar impact measure. Schuberth was more quiet than System 6 at 50 kph & 100 kph, and equally quiet at 150 kph.

BTW, I hope somebody eventually does a good English translation of this TF article; it appears to be the most complete/ thorough comparison test of flip helmets ever done.