Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 1300 GT Shutting Down

Driveability After 14.2

Hi
    I have only 40+ miles since the update but a quick assessment "feels" like there is less forward lurch when the engine is decelerating. Let off the throttle and there is a smoother transition to coasting. Very noticeable RPM hesitation at ~1400rpm. I had some slack removed from the throttle and this is also contributing to a much more responsive on-off-on throttling feeling. Top this off with the first oil change using synthetic oil and even the shifting is easier/quieter. All of this with a great big grin from ear to ear until the low oil light came on. Everything just feels smoother. Maybe it's my imagination but that's OK.

Don S

Quote Originally Posted by pakyohmeca View Post
    ..... Maybe it's my imagination but that's OK.

Don S
    don't think so because i have the same grin
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Caribbean Druid
    Quote Originally Posted by semper_fi View Post
    don't think so because i have the same grin
    +1

After the Upgrade..

I did about 220 miles yesterday. During this ride I had the first engine stall in five months. Same kind of conditions-decelerating to a stop. Weird thing is that I was at the stop for ~5seconds and didn't realize it had stalled. The computer readout MPG is running about 1 mpg less than before the upgrade.

Don S

Caribbean Druid
    Interesting...were there any other unusual conditions at the time? Unusual fuel, etc?...

Quote Originally Posted by dwestly View Post
    Interesting...were there any other unusual conditions at the time? Unusual fuel, etc?...
    The only thing that I can think of is it was on a downhill stop. I was following another bike and and we had to do full stops to check traffic. He pulled out and I leaned into it and came up empty. It didn't stall on the remainder of the ride.

Don S

Good thing there wasnt a car behind you anticipating your departure as your friend pulled away. BMW should pay close attention to the civil lawsuits that Toyota is currently dealing with regarding thier engineering flaws. Maybe they will come up with a real fix before another life is taken due to thier inability to maintain thier products.

In this day and age, this type of performance flaw is just not acceptable. At least 30 years ago with carburators and points, you could feel a problem before it just up and died!

Good luck with this issue and be as safe as you can. You may want to park the BMW and take the Harley or Honda instead on that next ride!

Stalling Issues

Actually there was a jeep behind me who let me know that I needed to get going.

I am treating this one stall as an isolated instance. I was really frustrated with the previous stalling issues until I had the throttle bodies cleaned. That action fixed my stalling issues and that is why I waited to have the 14.2 update done. The bike is one super scoot when it is performing properly and I am going to ride it like it is right and treat that stall the other day as one isolated instance.

Don S

Hey Don,

For your sake, I hope it is isolated to this one incident and you have many trouble free miles.

14.2 Upgrade.Upgrade

The dealer notified me today that they have received an update for my bike that will fix the "low oil level" light that has come on since the 14.2 upgrade. I didn't ask if this is 14.2.1 or 14.3 or any of that stuff. i will get the new software patch installed on Friday morning and will also try to get a good number for the update.

Don S

Quote Originally Posted by pakyohmeca View Post
    The dealer notified me today that they have received an update for my bike that will fix the "low oil level" light that has come on since the 14.2 upgrade. I didn't ask if this is 14.2.1 or 14.3 or any of that stuff. i will get the new software patch installed on Friday morning and will also try to get a good number for the update.

Don S

Please do as i need the same update
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Update.Update

Luis
    I will do my best to get the exact number so we can all keep the configurations straight.

Don S

Caribbean Druid
    Yes, please, as I think I got the 14.2 update, but I haven't had the oil light issue even once...

Low Oil Light

Unlike the stalling failure, the low oil warning light is not intermittent at all. It is on rock solid as soon as the bike gets warm. Also no way of doing the electronic oil level check. I doubt that you will get the light since it hasn't happened already. This has been my experience. Maybe Luis can comment especially if his experience has been different.

Don S

My occurance for the is when I have the bike computer set to Tire Pressure so that when the bike is stoped it defaults to checking the oil.

Once it has enough time to check it I get the oil warning and it stays there until I shut the bike off for a good while - I shut it off to fuel up and it was back when I started it back up.

When I fired the back up the next day it was gone.

What I have done lately (and when the weather allows me to ride) i set the BC fro temperature reading and i get it.

Hope that helps
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator