Thread: Time for New Tires

Hybrid View

Question Time for New Tires

It's about time to replace the Conti's on the '03 Adventure (man they don't last very long) so it's decision time...What tires to replace the soon to be defunct knmobbies with???? I've heard favorable reviews on the Avon Distanzia and the Anakee but, I'm curious if anyone has run the new ContiEscapes on their GS...I haven't seen any reviews except for the blurb in the latest ON that says Jimmy Lewis likes 'em...Anyone have any experience, good or bad, with any of these tires that they'd like to share?

I've had a set of Avon Distanzia's on my KLR 650 since last summer. I guess I have around 6000 miles on them, and they have loads of tread left, but there are alot of small cracks that have become visible between the treads. I've read on other posts that the cracking is a typical problem. I'd say they are an 90/10 tire, don't sing at highway speeds, and are pretty sticky in the twisties.

My next set will be Metzeler Tourance's, as I have a set of Metzeler 880's on my RT that seem bulletproof.

Mike

Well I ordered the Distanzia's they go on on Friday next week along with the Remus exhaust...Should be a fun weekend...