Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: stayin dry

stumbled on to rain gear at walmart, less than $20.00 teflon coated...matthew

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    I like frog togs over my leathers, they work great, and I have had no wicking problems. Could it be that you have worn off the waterproofing by contact?
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Smile Rain Suit

I've had a BMW rainsuit and have gone ridden through two long rides (over 300miles) in the rain and have not gotten wet (Sidi Street Boots). Plus: keeps you dry, not hard to get on and off, doesn't tear easily, the yellow is great visability. Minus: gets hot if it's hot and it's hot when it's hot.
    Blog: http://swriding.blogspot.com
    Current Bike 1979 BMW 100RT; 2013 BMW R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition; 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Edition

Trying to stay dry

I bought the Marsee Adventure suit earlier this year. Don't go this route if you are interested in staying dry. I should have known better than get a rain product designed by a California company. No experience with rain.

Main problem is the pants have waterproof zippers on the insides of the legs. No overflap and not very waterproof zippers. Crotch wet within 20 minutes of light rain on unfaired bike (R80G/S) and even a faired one (R100RS) Two side slash pockets with waterproof zippers must be on the outside of the so-called waterproofing. Everything in pockets soaked.

Same with wallet inside pocket on jacket, passport soaked.

Suit does look good, but you are required to carry a rain suit as well which kind of defeats the purpose!

Fl Keys Fishing Guide RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar

Cool

I got a great deal on my 2 piece BMW rain suit. Yes it was still expensive but after going the cheaper way I still got soaked. It pays to be comfy and this suit keeps me dry and warm.
    Yep I live in Floriduh but it can get chilly and wet down here too!
    Don't , when you're used to 90's and it get's into the 50's or less it is cold specially when you're wet.
    my 02 cts

Hello; I recently had to ride through 3 days of rain here on the wet coast. I have a Joe Rocket ballistic .4 coat which I wear with a set of rain gear lowers that I bought at Canadian tire. I usually wear hiking boots, which will let water through if I'm out long enough.

I find if I can keep my feet on the passenger pegs, I can last all day with out a soaker.

I have a pair of Bellstaff overmitts which I wear ove my mechanics gloves, toasty warm and dry.

My Nolan 100 was directing the rain down my neck, so I wore a hoody to drink it up until I went out and bought a new helmet, a HJC flip face, which is quite a bit quieter as well even though the visor is stiff and ventilation isn't as good, it does keep me dry.

I found a gen-u-wine BMW one piece rainsuit at Mid Ohio this year for a mere $20.I look like a human traffic cone,but it works!!(They will never say"I didnt see him Officer!)

Hello; I found a set of bellstaff overboots in my local dealers 50% off box. They have velcro down the side and an elastic stirrup, and a toe piece that goes under your toes and keeps the front taut. They're made of that waxed cotton that keeps out the rain and folds down to a wallet sized package. Now that will take care of teh only part of me that was getting wet.