Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67

Thread: 2010 Rally Location

  1. #16
    Fiordmann
    Guest

    2010 Rally in Redmond?

    What is the reason for returning to a rally site in the same remote geographical area that the BMWMOA seems to think is necessary to put on the National Rally?Look at how many of the last few rallies have been in the Northwest. Who really decides where the National is held? Seems to me the chairpersons have way to much authortity in selecting the site. Have you ever heard of Kansas or Oklahoma which would be alot easier for most members to attend. Better yet why not let the membership vote on this important decision? Certain geographical locations (Northwest- Wisconsin) have been repeated in the past - wonder why? Think about it.

  2. #17
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiordmann View Post
    Think about it.
    required reading.

    ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    ________________________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

  3. #18
    Ex-Camping guy sherpamayberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Earth, USA, Virginia, Alexandria
    Posts
    235
    Wow.

    This is gonna be tough for me. I'll have to drop two smaller events to support this one.
    Camping guy

  4. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brookfied WI
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiordmann View Post
    What is the reason for returning to a rally site in the same remote geographical area that the BMWMOA seems to think is necessary to put on the National Rally?Look at how many of the last few rallies have been in the Northwest. Who really decides where the National is held? Seems to me the chairpersons have way to much authortity in selecting the site. Have you ever heard of Kansas or Oklahoma which would be alot easier for most members to attend. Better yet why not let the membership vote on this important decision? Certain geographical locations (Northwest- Wisconsin) have been repeated in the past - wonder why? Think about it.
    Why return to Redmond? Or those certain geographical locations?

    Why it's a conspiracy, of course. The Board members are flown in on those black helicopters that are paid for by Haiburton, big oil and the Bush Administration.
    "During Prohibition I survived on nothing but food and water." - W.C. Fields

  5. #20
    Can't Grow It?? Mow it!! bullit7801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lincoln, NE; Flat, Boring & Windy Great Plains
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmetal View Post
    Why it's a conspiracy, of course. The Board members are flown in on those black helicopters that are paid for by Haiburton, big oil and the Bush Administration.
    Well, I have been on the Board since September,

    and I am still waiting for my first helicopter ride.



    tb
    Tom "Bullit" Buttars
    Ambassador
    1978 R100RS, 2006 F650GS, 2007 F800S

  6. #21
    I will never ride enough
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West of Champaign Illinois
    Posts
    39
    Rally Train?

    SPCLED

    2011 R1200RT

  7. #22
    Registered User kgadley01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,535
    I think it will be a great ride from South Carolina to Oregon. I figger about a month round trip should do it. oh I forgot... some of you have jobs.

  8. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by SherpaMayberry View Post
    Wow.

    This is gonna be tough for me. I'll have to drop two smaller events to support this one.
    A close friend and I will both be renting from you. So I will help you out by bringing a friend. I was at Gillette last year and used you and look forward to using you next year in Redmond. This years rally was just to far for me with the amount of time I get off. I have no problem with the event drifting around the US. Some how I get the feeling that people think we don't have running water in this part of the country and why would they want to got their.
    The Redmond/Bend area is a very nice place to ride. And there is a lot of great places to go within 100 mile radius.
    I think all rally locations bring there own pluses and minuses and distance is a factor for a lot of people. Next year is real close for me so I am happy! But if I had had the time I would be happy going to this years rally.
    I do not care to understand the politics or the decision making process, I admire the effort that goes into just pulling off the event each year where ever it is held.

  9. #24
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinton View Post
    The Redmond/Bend area is a very nice place to ride. And there is a lot of great places to go within 100 mile radius.
    this is a *massive* understatement.

    add to that, the facility there is excellent for our rally.

  10. #25
    Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Posts
    3,298
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmetal View Post
    Why return to Redmond? Or those certain geographical locations?

    Why it's a conspiracy, of course. The Board members are flown in on those black helicopters that are paid for by Haiburton, big oil and the Bush Administration.
    With the many requirements that a rally of the size of the MOA, there are few places that can handle the rally in July that are located where people want to go. Many very good places are booked years in advance by people who go there every year. Nobody would turn their back on regular customers for a one time rally. The RA has had several rallies at locations that were considered by the MOA but were not selected because the locations could not handle the number of people.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

  11. #26
    Just passin through wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pueblo West, Co.
    Posts
    550

    It's true

    The site *IS* Deschutes Fair and Expo Center in Redmond, Or.

    The dates *ARE* July 15th thru 18th, 2010.

    Deb Lower *IS* the Rally Chair, as she was the Co-Chair in Gillette and the Rally Chair in Moodus, Ct.

    I am your humble servant and Co-Chair. Much more will be posted later.

    NOW PLEASE, LET'S GET BACK TO THE PARTY AT HAND. I'm not sure I've got enough sidewall left for my ride to Johnson City and back. What a great rally this is going to be! Vance and his crew have planned many things that are going to make this a historic, benchmark setting event. I think the music alone is worth 3 times the registration fee.
    Last edited by wanderer; 06-19-2009 at 12:57 AM.
    Live this day.

  12. #27
    Rather Be Ridin' alabeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Helena, Alabammer
    Posts
    1,470
    Thanks Stan. I am so looking forward to getting to Redmond. Since I was too "young" the last time around and did not see it...I am looking forward to it.

    Save that sidewall now...you are going to need it....we are waitn' for you over here on this side!!!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

  13. #28
    Fiordmann
    Guest

    Thumbs down Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by gsmetal View Post
    Why return to Redmond? Or those certain geographical locations?

    Why it's a conspiracy, of course. The Board members are flown in on those black helicopters that are paid for by Haiburton, big oil and the Bush Administration.
    At least you are accurate about the conspiracy.

  14. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Montpelier, VT
    Posts
    214

    Not Too Far

    From Montpelier, VT. Only 6222 miles as the Google bird flies with a stop in Duluth to get measured for a 'Stich on the way out and a stop in Duluth on the way back to pick it up. Yikes! I'll have to take ten days off.
    Last edited by kpinvt; 06-24-2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: More

  15. #30
    Lookin' good, America! 68820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    129

    Riding from NC

    This sounds like an excellent place for a rally. I had a great time in Spokane. Redmond should be as much fun if not more. Maybe I'll make to the Pacific this time.
    Robert Peterson | Cary, NC | 68820
    cat herder and pixel pusher

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •