Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seeking riders from Upstate NY to Tenn Rally

For those passing thru the Albany area, there is no toll on the NYS Thruway if you enter/exit at exit # 24 and get on/off at I-88. The Toll booth will give you a toll ticket but when you turn it in there is no toll, it is free. A deal NYS made with the Feds many years ago in return for funds to build I-88.

Josh

We live in a rustic cabin in Maine though our residence is in NH.

Maine to Albany and on to Rally

Hi Greg,

I just can't leave till the 12th and would hope to be in the Albany area by 2:00 PM and then on toward Binghamton.
    It is entirely up to you if you want to wait that extra day for me. My wife would rather I have company but I don't mind traveling alone. Just let me know if you want to meet or not and where.
    Safe journies,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BillZeller View Post
    Hi Greg,

I just can't leave till the 12th and would hope to be in the Albany area by 2:00 PM and then on toward Binghamton.
    It is entirely up to you if you want to wait that extra day for me. My wife would rather I have company but I don't mind traveling alone. Just let me know if you want to meet or not and where.
    Safe journies,
    Bill
    Meeting around 2pm on the 12th sounds very good to me. I can meet you somewhere in the area and then ride on down to Binghampton and beyond. Camping? Sounds great. Where will you be riding from? Maine?? If it's a hard rain, getting a hotel is cool with me. Did you say you had a scenic route out of Corning? I'm up for anything that's got adventure written in it. Let's trade emails and figure it all out. When did you plan to return? I can be back by July 23 to Rensselaerville, NY (near Albany in the Catskill MTNS) and you could spend the night with my wife and I and head back the next day or whatever. I'm up for riding some of the twisties in the Tenn area while at the rally during the day.

We live in a rustic cabin in Maine though our residence is in NH.

Maine to Albany July 12

Meeting around 2pm on the 12th sounds very good to me. I can meet you somewhere in the area and then ride on down to Binghampton and beyond. Camping? Sounds great. Where will you be riding from? Maine?? If it's a hard rain, getting a hotel is cool with me. Did you say you had a scenic route out of Corning? I'm up for anything that's got adventure written in it. Let's trade emails and figure it all out. When did you plan to return? I can be back by July 23 to Rensselaerville, NY (near Albany in the Catskill MTNS) and you could spend the night with my wife and I and head back the next day or whatever. I'm up for riding some of the twisties in the Tenn area while at the rally during the day.
    Report Post Reply With Quote

This all sounds good Greg. I will be riding down from Greenville, ME on Moosehead Lake so will be going east across ME and northern NH into VT where I will brobably cross over through Rutland, VT and into Glens Falls, NY and down I87. You can probably route me best from I87 as to where to meet you.

We should continue as you suggest on our regular email, mine is anbzeller@gmail.com and cell is 603 568-6634. I was given some good routes and they are on a post I made and you responded to, it is on page 3 of the rally site. Ted gave a good map and suggestions, take a look.
    Bill

Great....got your email and cell.

Quote Originally Posted by BillZeller View Post
    Report Post Reply With Quote

This all sounds good Greg. I will be riding down from Greenville, ME on Moosehead Lake so will be going east across ME and northern NH into VT where I will brobably cross over through Rutland, VT and into Glens Falls, NY and down I87. You can probably route me best from I87 as to where to meet you.

We should continue as you suggest on our regular email, mine is anbzeller@gmail.com and cell is 603 568-6634. I was given some good routes and they are on a post I made and you responded to, it is on page 3 of the rally site. Ted gave a good map and suggestions, take a look.
    Bill
    Terrific. Finally it's stopped raining for a couple of hours down here. I'll send you my email and cell, too, but we don't get cell service where I live.

I'll check out your trip suggestions. It's all good for me. Just can't wait to start the ride.
    Greg from Rensselaerville, NY. I'll meet you somewhere so you can see the great rides we have in NYS maybe along the Sacandaga Reservoir and down to I88 to Binghampton..Talk soon.