Thread: First Sunday Ephrata

First Sunday Ephrata

I decided at the last minute to head up to First Sunday in Ephrata today. Rode the /5 and had a great ride out and back. Beautiful weather and many, many bikes there. I saw two other /5s along with plenty of other beemers.

A few of the sights from this morning.

Anyone else get there today?
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

Rally Rat
    Sorry I didn't make it, would have liked to see you. Today was "Biker Sunday" at church. A large number rode to church, got preffered parking, then a smaller goup (37 bikes, many 2-up) went up to the Ronald McDonald House in Hershey, PA where we unloaded a trailer of food and paper products donated for the families who stay there while an ill child is at Hershey Med. They do a great job for the families.

I hope to make Ephrata next month. Lawn Fire Company does a great job with their breakfast which is the third Sunday every month. Another local event will be "Bike Night@ LCBC" which will have live music (classic rock/country) and award winning BBQ which is the first and third Thursday evenings every month through the summer, 7-9pm. This isn't a fund raiser of any kind, well except for the BBQ, Hess's BBQ is a for profit catering service/vendor that has agreed to be there each week.

No matter where you were today, it has been a great day for riding after all the rain we have had!

It always amazes me to see such a wide variety of bikes and people at First Sunday.

I rode yesterday - all of 30 work-related miles. Unfortunately, I haven't been riding much at all. Our bathroom remodel has lasted weeks longer than originally scheduled. Another two weeks and we should be back to our usual riding schedule.

Tracy

Yup, I was there

Quote Originally Posted by terham View Post
    I decided at the last minute to head up to First Sunday in Ephrata today. Rode the /5 and had a great ride out and back. Beautiful weather and many, many bikes there. I saw two other /5s along with plenty of other beemers.

Anyone else get there today?
    Hi Terence:

This was my first time there this year, and I was AMAZED at the number and variety of bikes in attendance. Wow, simply amazing for such a "small" event. I guess the perfect weather sure didn't hurt!

Did you see the bike with the small block Chevy engine? Crazy stuff. Can't imagine how hot that thing gets when riding.

Anyway, I won't make it to the July one, but will be there for August. Look for the blue F800ST - didn't see any others there this time!
    Lorne
    Night Blue Metallic 2009 F800ST
    All the goodies.
    Sweetness!

I think I saw you. The BMWs stick in my mind and I remember a blue 800ST.

If you saw this, it was me...

Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S