Thread: Lee Evans - Total control class

Lee Evans - Total control class

I know that Lee Evans will be at the rally and giving classes. Has anyone taken his class 'total control' and can you give me your opinions/comments? The class is a little steep at $325. Since the class is focused on control and cornering, it would be a great class before heading out to the twisties and knowing you have more skills to have fun and keep you upright.

I was thinking of taking it on Thursday the first day of the Rally so I can ride the rest of the time....

Thanks for your help.
    Deepak Menon
    2006 Red R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by dxmenon View Post
    I know that Lee Evans will be at the rally and giving classes. Has anyone taken his class 'total control' and can you give me your opinions/comments? The class is a little steep at $325. Since the class is focused on control and cornering, it would be a great class before heading out to the twisties and knowing you have more skills to have fun and keep you upright.

I was thinking of taking it on Thursday the first day of the Rally so I can ride the rest of the time....

Thanks for your help.

Can I assume you mean the Lee Parks Total Control clinic?
    If so, I have heard great things about the class.
    http://www.totalcontroltraining.net/...structors.html

I intended to take his class here in NY state this year. Unfortunately, stuff has happened and I have to postpone it another year.

I'll let others speak to the class, since I haven't yet taken it myself.

...just a thought, you may want to pick up his book and read it before the rally. Then you will be that much further ahead and will get more out of the class. I have the book and it's great.
    (Book is here: http://www.leeparksdesign.com/eshopi...0196.Books.htm )

Good Luck!

I meant Lee Parkes

Yeah, I meant Lee Parkes and I do have his book. I enjoyed reading it. I think I am going to bite the bullet and attend. Since I have decades yet to ride, $325 seems to be a small investment if I can pick up a few skills.
    Deepak Menon
    2006 Red R1200RT

I took the course...

last summer in Milwaukee and thought it was well worth it. I had been riding about 8 years, consider myself an intermediate rider (but I'm not too big on riding the twisties at light speed or other adventurous feats!)

I found the class to be helpful and give me more confidence. There's lots of emphasis on cornering (which teaches you control) and although I had never dragged the pegs in corners before, by the end of the day I was comfortable with doing so.

If money wasn't so tight this year, I would probably take another course.
    YMMV
    Sarah B
    Milwaukee,WI
    '09 R1200GS 'Starbuck' my big silver baby
    '13 K1600GTL Graphite Grey... yet unnamed!