Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: jacket for late summer/fall

I'm happy with my Tourmaster jacket <www.tourmaster.com> as an all-season jacket. It has a zip-out liner for cold weather and plenty of vents you can open and close for cooling when needed. It's also water-resistant and has armor pads on the back, shoulders and elbows. I've worn it comfortably in weather as warm as 95 degrees, and down into the 20's in the spring and fall riding seasons.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Last weekend I was a couple hundred miles from home, checking out a BMW dealership, and just generally looking around the area. I had my Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket with liner. I hit temps in the mid 60's, and raining hard. Stopped at a dealership and found a Nitro Tourance Jacket. It is waterproof (as far as that goes in heavy rain for 2 hours). It has a zip in thermal liner, which I didnt need, and CE approved armor. It was 125.00, and well worth the money. I think it may beat out my leathers when rain is forecasted. A long sleeve coolmax shirt would improve comfort when it gets warmer.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

I got a First Gear Trekker jacket from this site: www.motorcyclecloseouts.com

They have a no return policy but you can exchange for a different size/style if you don't mind paying for shipping back and forth. First I bought a size XL but I exchanged it for a L. I had first gone to the local dealer looking for jackets, and tried on a BMW airflow jacket ($299/textile) and a Hein Gering Urban something-or-other ($199/textile). I took a 46 in the Bmw jacket and an XL in the Hein. First Gear however seemed to run alittle big--in the end a large fit perfectly and a great price at $127. The jacket has vents and a zip out lining and feels like it will be perfect for 50-70 degree riding.
    Chris
    Scotch Plains, NJ

'02 R1100SA

When wearing a mesh jacket forget about liners. They won't protect anything in your pockets and you have to take the jacket off and get fiddly with installing the liner. Just pack Frogg Toggs in your tankbag. The Toggs pull on over the mesh and will keep water at bay and provide a good windbreak while remaining breatheable. For trips that seem like both a regular and mesh jacket will be needed, I just take the mesh and Toggs and a sweatshirt to put under the jacket if it gets a notch chillier.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Summer/fall jacket

What I use is a Technic mesh jacket and a windbreaker.

The mesh jackets are versitle and the windbreakers from Russell Athletic or other good ones really keep the wind out and add warmth.