Thread: Advocate harbor

Question Advocate harbor

Planning to run Sussex N.B. to Advocate harbor N.S. and back next Sat the 30th. Anyone know the road conditions from Joggins around to Parrsboro route242 and back route 2 to Amherst? Looks like between 500 & 600 kilometers, should be a good day as long as there are no bad storms.
    Mike Lutes 89k75s, 05r1200gs

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter55520 View Post
    Planning to run Sussex N.B. to Advocate harbor N.S. and back next Sat the 30th. Anyone know the road conditions from Joggins around to Parrsboro route242 and back route 2 to Amherst? Looks like between 500 & 600 kilometers, should be a good day as long as there are no bad storms.
    Road? There really is a road there? Couple of years ago that bombed out excuse for pavement beat the Hell out of my bike. An otherwise gorgeous landscape totally abused by the Nova Scotia government. Maybe it has improved but not likely. Advocate Harbour and Five Islands (camping) are wonderful though. Advocate Harbour was, at one time, a ship building site of significance. If I remember correctly, you can see Cape Split, over in the Annapolis Valley, from there. Better yet, go to Cape Split and enjoy a grand hike.

Go anyway but don't be in a hurry. Let us know what you find. Take some pictures because it really is beautiful. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Cool

Poor roads suck. If the weather is fair three of us from work will run it this weekend. will let you know about the road condition.

Cool The cat is out of the bag

Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    Road? There really is a road there? Couple of years ago that bombed out excuse for pavement beat the Hell out of my bike. An otherwise gorgeous landscape totally abused by the Nova Scotia government. Maybe it has improved but not likely. Advocate Harbour and Five Islands (camping) are wonderful though. Advocate Harbour was, at one time, a ship building site of significance. If I remember correctly, you can see Cape Split, over in the Annapolis Valley, from there. Better yet, go to Cape Split and enjoy a grand hike.

Go anyway but don't be in a hurry. Let us know what you find. Take some pictures because it really is beautiful. - Bob
    Your right Bob , I'm going to do it again just to make sure. I wore the sides of my tires more in 1 hr than I usually do in 1 month. LOL See ride reports