Thread: Hoh Rain Forest

Hoh Rain Forest

Anyone in the mood to do a 3 day camp in H.R.F. ?
    I plan to leave sunday 05/17 and return 19th or 20th.
    Weather is supposed to be nice .
    I will ride the GS .
    http://www.oregondualsportrentalandadventures.com

Keep it upright and out of the ditch

Been there:)

Very nice! The Hoh is rarely rain free, however, so I hope you get good weather and have good gear. One and only "Cougar" experience happened to me there, while fishing. Had me scared a bit. We just stared for a minute, at one another as the big cat just moved on, thank goodness. I had no defense, other than my fishing gear. Only 30' separated us and I guess she figured me too much for dinner. I'll never forget it. Very nice area in there, however. Randy

Hope you had a great trip! My girlfriend (now wife) and I went backpacking there in June, 26 years ago, and it certainly lived up to the Rain Forest moniker. We didn't see any cougars, but we did see a lot of deer and elk. In fact, a doe blocked our path on the trail and was not giving any ground. We figured she must have had a fawn or two in the brush nearby. On the road to the trailhead there was this great sign, wish I had a photo of it: "Caution: No Warning SIgns".
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Me too;

I have one of those sign stories too and it was posted; warning, "Newt Crossing in wet weather"...I laughed. Those deer can be really quite dangerous when they get defensive, so watch out...They look so passive and are for the most part, but! Randy