Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suit recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I refuse, however, to embrace the silly notion that it makes any sense to hit rain, pull over, take my jacket and pants off so I can install the liners (standing in the rain in my shirt and pants), and then put the suit back on over my now wet clothing.
    I think the idea is not to procrastinate and put that stuff on miles before it rains, maybe under an overpass. But I am one of those rider who hates to stop, even for gas.

I myself find all those layers cumbersome to deal with. I had a look at the BMW Rally Pro jacket...cripes, I had to have arms like Arnold just to lift it off the coat rack.

My 2-piece Aerostich Roadcrafter II does a reasonable job and for those multi-hour heavy down pours, I have a rainsuit to go over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyman View Post
    I live in Canada...
    I'd suggest having the suit shipped to a UPS Store stateside for the following reasons.

If the suit doesn't fit right and you want to send it back for an exchange, it is a PITA to have to deal with Canada customs the second time around while telling them that you already paid your taxes on the first suit that was sent back.

Plus shipping charges to and from are a lot less in the US.

Plus brokerage fees on a suit that expensive will be rediculous if you have it shipped to your home.

I sent Aerostich a set of mechanics coveralls that fit me and asked them to send me a suit that fits likewise. Their sizing chart is quite good.