Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: For What It's Worth

  1. #46
    Registered User gec343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    66

    Thumbs up

    Excellent reading. Thanks for taking the time to write. Also, the photos were great!
    2003 Honda ST1300A
    1977 BMW R100/7 (purchased new)
    2006 Ural Tourist sidecar rig
    2000 Kawasaki W650 (Triumph clone)

  2. #47
    El Dookey loves to ride. 99007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ada, MI (outside Grand Rapids)
    Posts
    2,045

    Thanks

    Great report. Utah is amazing. The rocks are the best. #2 in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is a great stretch of road.
    Well written. (Too bad your wife read the scary parts!) I really appreciated your attitude toward the minivan that caused so much hassle for you. I would have punctuated the story with lots of %$#& and *&%#'s.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

  3. #48
    Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,799

    Great Report

    Yup, you have nailed this one. This summer I did a trek out west, and it seems like I missed all the fun stuff. Time to start planning for next year.

    Also I agree with you about the dealer in Calgary, Alberta (Blackfoot Motorsports). I went in there this summer and well... I was under whelmed good thing all I needed to do was purchase oil.

    The photos are spectacular.
    -=Brad

    It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

  4. #49
    "Road Worthy" LRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    182
    Originally posted by gec343
    Excellent reading. Thanks for taking the time to write. Also, the photos were great!
    Thanks, I enjoyed writing it.....
    Cheers............Rod
    BMWMOA# 114168 IBA# 19606
    "Road Worthy": http://www.trafford.com/Bookstore/Bo...=SKU-000167680

  5. #50
    "Road Worthy" LRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    182

    Re: Thanks

    Originally posted by Cliffy777
    Great report. Utah is amazing. The rocks are the best. #2 in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is a great stretch of road.
    Well written. (Too bad your wife read the scary parts!) I really appreciated your attitude toward the minivan that caused so much hassle for you. I would have punctuated the story with lots of %$#& and *&%#'s.
    Thanks Cliffy.........have you tried #17 (the transCanada) north of Lake Superior? You would like it as well if you enjoyed #2.......
    Cheers............Rod
    BMWMOA# 114168 IBA# 19606
    "Road Worthy": http://www.trafford.com/Bookstore/Bo...=SKU-000167680

  6. #51
    "Road Worthy" LRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    182

    Re: Glad you made it!

    Originally posted by Blue Knight
    Last time we met was in Deep River having a Timmy. We were on our way to the Gasp?® Peninsula.

    Mike
    Hi Blue K yes I remember well meeting you and your wife in Deep River. Busy little spot, isn't it?

    Thanks for the pic. Looks like you had a great time in PQ. Bike looks good.
    Cheers............Rod
    BMWMOA# 114168 IBA# 19606
    "Road Worthy": http://www.trafford.com/Bookstore/Bo...=SKU-000167680

  7. #52
    "Road Worthy" LRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    182

    Re: Great Report

    Originally posted by BradfordBenn
    Yup, you have nailed this one. This summer I did a trek out west, and it seems like I missed all the fun stuff. Time to start planning for next year.

    Also I agree with you about the dealer in Calgary, Alberta (Blackfoot Motorsports). I went in there this summer and well... I was under whelmed good thing all I needed to do was purchase oil.

    The photos are spectacular.
    Thanks for the comments. I agree, time to start thinking about next year! Lima is close to Ottawa, and since I haven't been to a BMWMOA rally, I think I'll build it into the loop.......
    Cheers............Rod
    BMWMOA# 114168 IBA# 19606
    "Road Worthy": http://www.trafford.com/Bookstore/Bo...=SKU-000167680

  8. #53
    Registered User lkchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    4,864
    A prairie guy, huh?

    Then you might enjoy ... this
    Kent Christensen
    21482
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

  9. #54
    leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Salem, OH
    Posts
    2,888
    awesome report! I would love to take a trip like that someday. Your report at least let me ride along...
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

  10. #55
    "Road Worthy" LRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    182
    Originally posted by lkchris
    A prairie guy, huh?

    Then you might enjoy ... this
    Thanks for the great link, looks like a good read!!
    Cheers............Rod
    BMWMOA# 114168 IBA# 19606
    "Road Worthy": http://www.trafford.com/Bookstore/Bo...=SKU-000167680

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •