Thread: Budget Dry Bags

Budget Dry Bags

Just found these as an inexpensive alternative to the ones that run $60 to $120.
    You get BOTH a 91.5 liter and a 37.6 liter bag for $29.88 at Walmart.

storm duffles
    Dave Swift
    '07 R1200RT
    '04 R1150RT

Manfred
    Looks very interesting. Let us know if they keep stuff dry in the rain - the product information doesn't make any claims.

Budget? Go Army!-the waterproof bags are the cheapest you'll find other than a trash bag and like most military stuff as durable as any.
    These are OD in color(of course) and the size of a large laundry bag, are made of a very durable & flexible cloth that is rubber on the inside & have heavy strings attached to tie off the top. They are waterproof and last a lifetime. I got them from cousins that used to sell surplus and paid a $1 each to them. Is that cheap and durable enough?
    Last edited by kantuckid; 04-23-2009 at 11:29 AM.

From the same Walmart...

You can also get a PVC "float" bag that you would use when canoing. Works great to strap on to the cycle. Very waterproof. I think I paid 12 bucks for mine.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by drswift View Post
    Just found these as an inexpensive alternative to the ones that run $60 to $120.
    You get BOTH a 91.5 liter and a 37.6 liter bag for $29.88 at Walmart.

storm duffles
    I bought the same set last year and we strapped 'em on the RT to go to the National. They work pretty well but water will get in during a downpour since althought the construction is waterproof, strapping them down will leave small gaps and will let in water.
    '04 R1150RT

No matter where you go, there you are!

mymindsok
    THey cost a few more bucks but I'm still using the Seal Line "Baja 30" Dry Bag that I bought back in 1990! It cost me about $20 back then but it has never leaked or torn.

So far it has cost me about $1.10 per year and the way things are going, I expect that it'll last another 19 years.

Spend a little more money and you won't have to either buy twice or arrive someplace with wet underwear!!

+1 for the Seal line bags. Also, Campmore has something called a duffle bag hydroliner for $9. Duffle gets wet but stuff stays dry.

Thumbs up Seal Line

+2 for the Seal Line bags, got mine at REI, various sizes, the larger bag has a built in valve to allow air out, roll top with clamps. Hey these kept my gear dry at Indy for the MotoGP last year - and if you were there you know if rained real bad, with very high winds. Good stuff.