Thread: On-Line Tire Venders

Question On-Line Tire Venders

Looking for a reliable and reasonably priced source for on-line tire sales; specifically for Bridgestone and Conti tires. Recommendations, please.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

I will be the 1st of many who recommend Southwest Moto Tires. I have purchased 2 sets of Bridgestones for my R1100R with complete satisfaction. Go to http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/mer...tore_Code=SWMT

regards,
    Mark

Sportbiketrackgear.com.... best I've used. However, results may vary. Good luck.
    DW..........

Thumbs up

Southwest Moto Tires www.swmototires.com great service...always great prices. Order two or more tires and shipping is included. Usually receive tires within 2-3 days.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

I shop around weekly for my fleet or for friends, SWMoto is usually up there in top two on best prices. Blain sold the business to local Yamaha or Kawasaki dealer in AZ , but still has great service and deals. All of these have free shipping with two tires. They can vary week to week on wh is cheapest.
    I have used all 3 and typically see the tires in 3-4 business days here in TX.

http://www.compacc.com/Tires.cfm

sometimes has great package deals

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

free shipping on orders over $75, so you can do the onesies when needed as well
    Last edited by henzilla; 04-14-2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: wording
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    These guys always beat everyone on Metzelers, not sure about stones and Avons

http://www.ronayers.com/Accessories/AvonTire.cfm

Also have heard great things about price and service from these guys, but you have to call or email for price.

http://www.twobrotherstires.com/

I have had very good luck with these folks. Good price on tire shipping, too.

Bike Bandit

http://www.bikebandit.com/?WT.mc_id=...03&PID=2529562
    '04 Silver R1150RT "Big Oel". '05 Yellow KLR 650
    '00 Red Suzuki Bandit 600
    '65 Allstate/Puch 250 twingle
    "I just want somewhere to ride and food when I get there."

FWIW, my local m/c tire and repair shop routinely beats the prices of the online vendors. I just phone him and ask for a quote on the one or two brands I'm looking at, no chiseling, and his prices are good. It's understood that he'll do the mounting and balancing for which he charges me 1 hr. labor total for both tires on the bike. I've never understood the economics of tire retailing - but somehow there must be enough profit in there to at least give the local guy a shot at the business.

Our BMW dealer in Tucson has a tire operation you can acess on line.
    www.swmotorubber.com. There is a planned simularity in the name with Southwest Moto tires.

Their prices are close on most tires, altho I have found a few that are $10+ apart.

If you are at the dealership, same price for tires as on line, plus mounting and balancing.

bob

BUDDINGGEEZER
    I have purchases tires from Ron Ayers, Metzler 880s from American Motorcycle Tire and most recently Avons & Pirellies from Motorcycle Pro Shop. MPS had the lowest price I could find and a plus is the tires were shipped in a box.

Service was good from all 3. I'm sure the other vendors listed are great also.

The thing I look for is the delivered price. Sometimes "Free Shipping" is not the lowest price.

Ralph Sims

Thanks everyone for your responses. The determining factor was finding someone who ships tires to Alaska. Got what I needed from SWMoto.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    Thanks everyone for your responses. The determining factor was finding someone who ships tires to Alaska. Got what I needed from SWMoto.
    What!!! you need tires in Alaska? I thought ya'all used Ski's up thar...

+1 for ronayers.com

If you are looking for Road Pilots 2 I found that Throttleworx.com has a great price and they ship fast.

Check www.ronayers.com , www.Motosport.com or www.Cyclespecialties.com-I have used all and it pays to check all-esp if one is out of stock and they all pretty much price match too.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwswrv View Post
    +1 for ronayers.com

If you are looking for Road Pilots 2 I found that Throttleworx.com has a great price and they ship fast.
    Just got a new pair of Pilot Road 2's from SWmoto at my front door yesterday . . oooo baby ! I think they might have been a few bucks less than Throttleworx, not much, but less. I paid $306 for the pair, no tax, and free shipping. Ordered Thursday and received Tuesday. Not bad. These are replacing the Pilot Roads that came on my RT.

I have a philosophy that even if my dealer charges me more, I tend to support the dealer when the savings aren't that significant to go elsewhere. In this case, the savings were almost $200 when including the tax.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Luck favors those who are prepared.