Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sherpa Service at the National

Question Sherpa Service at the National

Has anyone used Sherpa Service at any of the past rallies? How would you rate your experience? I haven't much experience with camping, not sure I would like it. So I thought before I shelled out alot of dough, I thought I might try Sherpa Service.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

I've never stayed with the Sherpa but I am going to this year. Went to his website, filed out the form, gave him credit card number and almost immediately received confirmation. He called me the next morning to ask about special request because I had not listed any on the form...pretty nice to do that. I'll be there sometime on the 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by 2BikeMike View Post
    Has anyone used Sherpa Service at any of the past rallies? How would you rate your experience? I haven't much experience with camping, not sure I would like it. So I thought before I shelled out alot of dough, I thought I might try Sherpa Service.
    I used The Mayberry Sherpa service at last years National in Gillette. GREAT,GREAT,GREAT. Ted does a wonderfull job. The whole setup is First Rate. also included with your camping is...FREE coffee, Free cell phone charging. Free hookup for your Laptop. FREE shade and so much more. You will not be disapointed. I have special needs, as I use a Cpap machine to sleep. this was no problem. I highly recommend Ted, and Mayberry Sherpa...

There is another thread here that I saw later on that had alot of good info on Ted's Sherpa service. It sounded so good that I went ahead and signed up.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

I love these threads!
    Camping guy

I hope to meet you at Gray, Ted.
    Thank you!
    You made my trip less cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    I hope to meet you at Gray, Ted.
    Thank you!
    You made my trip less cumbersome.
    My pleasure.

This year's reservations have started off slow, but they are building up steam. If I was still at my 100 tent capacity, I'd sell out in May. I'm ready to provide as many as 200 this year.

Currently sold: 63.

Prices do go up on April 15th though, so I wouldn't hesitate too much longer.

Oh, and this will be my sixth year. Only one customer since I started has complained vigorously. She was expecting a tent under a tree next to a stream (and I have no idea where she got that expectation), and was upset that a corner of her air mattress was damp (we had a torrential rain earlier in that day). I would have replaced the air mattress, but she never gave me a chance. She was so unhappy, she didn't even stay with the Sherpa Camp.

Other than that, pretty much always happy campers! Do a search for "sherpa" on this forum, you'll find a lot of feedback.
    Camping guy

I am also another happy camper.

Booked with Ted in Wisconsin and Vermont.

Couldn't get a better deal or a nicer set up for camping.

Who will forget the night in Wis that the storm came in and we all thought we were going to get blown away.. but the tents stayed on the ground and we stayed dry.

Highly recommended, you will not be disappointed.

JM

Rally Rat

Sherpa Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by JimM View Post
    I am also another happy camper.

Booked with Ted in Wisconsin and Vermont.

Couldn't get a better deal or a nicer set up for camping.

Who will forget the night in Wis that the storm came in and we all thought we were going to get blown away.. but the tents stayed on the ground and we stayed dry.

Highly recommended, you will not be disappointed.

JM
    +1

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

No hotel/motel offers this

Have never seen any hotel/motel anywhere offer this service - full array of 12v charging facilities. Ted knows how to do it right.

Here's another endorsement for Ted. I used his service in Vermont and West Bend, and I'm using it this year in Tennessee. To be honest, I sleep much better in hotels. But, IMHO, you need to stay at the rally site to get the "true" rally experience. I will hotel it to/from the rally, but I will be in one of Ted's tents at the rally. Ted does a fantastic job of taking care of his customers. If you need something, ask, and Ted will do what he can to make your stay a great one. He's got the coffee ready early and keeps the coolers stocked with ice late. So, if you want to stay in a tent at the rally but don't want to haul all the extra equipment, contact Ted and make your reservation. When you arrive, your tent is all set up, your air mattress is inflated, and all you're all set to have a great time.

See y'all in Tennessee!
    Tim Hebert
    aka
    Green Mountain Crewzr
    '99 R1200C
    '73 R60/5 Toaster
    BMW MOA #124866, BMW MOV #1080

Hi, Ted... Your web site indicates that prices will go up on May 31. I was waiting a little to decide whether to use your services, or bring my own gear. Is April 15 truly the price increase date? How much are the prices going up? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SherpaMayberry View Post
    My pleasure.

This year's reservations have started off slow, but they are building up steam. If I was still at my 100 tent capacity, I'd sell out in May. I'm ready to provide as many as 200 this year.

Currently sold: 63.

Prices do go up on April 15th though, so I wouldn't hesitate too much longer.

Oh, and this will be my sixth year. Only one customer since I started has complained vigorously. She was expecting a tent under a tree next to a stream (and I have no idea where she got that expectation), and was upset that a corner of her air mattress was damp (we had a torrential rain earlier in that day). I would have replaced the air mattress, but she never gave me a chance. She was so unhappy, she didn't even stay with the Sherpa Camp.

Other than that, pretty much always happy campers! Do a search for "sherpa" on this forum, you'll find a lot of feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by robinje View Post
    Hi, Ted... Your web site indicates that prices will go up on May 31. I was waiting a little to decide whether to use your services, or bring my own gear. Is April 15 truly the price increase date? How much are the prices going up? Thanks!
    Well, I'll be darned. Guess I was thinking of another event that I'm almost sold out on.

Yes, for MOA, price increase happens May 31, not Apr 15th as I previously indicated.

The price bumps $25 June 1st.
    Camping guy

Quote Originally Posted by tpr3cats3 View Post
    Here's another endorsement for Ted. I used his service in Vermont and West Bend, and I'm using it this year in Tennessee. To be honest, I sleep much better in hotels. But, IMHO, you need to stay at the rally site to get the "true" rally experience. I will hotel it to/from the rally, but I will be in one of Ted's tents at the rally. Ted does a fantastic job of taking care of his customers. If you need something, ask, and Ted will do what he can to make your stay a great one. He's got the coffee ready early and keeps the coolers stocked with ice late. So, if you want to stay in a tent at the rally but don't want to haul all the extra equipment, contact Ted and make your reservation. When you arrive, your tent is all set up, your air mattress is inflated, and all you're all set to have a great time.

See y'all in Tennessee!

+1

Don't forget the mints on the pillows. Just like the classy joints!

Rick G
    2004 BMW R 1150 GS - My Big Black Pig!
    2009 Triumph T100 - Neo Classic Retro Tourer.
    2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super - Just for Kicks and Giggles
    2009 Sym Fiddle II - For Sale

I made my Sherpa reservation last night...

I debated long and hard about it, but ultimately decided to leave my camping gear at home. I am planning to hotel it to/from the rally anyway, so this way I don't need to carry all the dead weight for so many miles.