Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Who is riding from NYC to Tennesse

  1. #1
    FABIOX
    Guest

    Who is riding from NYC to Tennesse

    Me
    Last edited by fabiox; 04-07-2009 at 04:00 AM. Reason: grammar

  2. #2
    Registered User 119240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cambridge,Ma
    Posts
    385
    I'm coming down from Boston - to my parents on on 7/10.
    Leaving Jersey on 7/11 to meet up with others in PA,VA,WV,VA. area.
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

  3. #3
    BUBBAZANETTI
    Guest
    yup

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Capital District, NY
    Posts
    17
    Im leaving upstate NY on the 11th to join you in the PA,VA,WV,VA. area.

  5. #5
    univers zero tessler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,999
    me.

  6. #6
    FABIOX
    Guest
    how about the 13th or 14th.....
    bubbazanetti? tessler?

  7. #7
    A bozo on the bus deilenberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Spring Lake NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,749
    I'm leaving NJ on Monday, and wandering down souf.. will be doing BRP for most of it's length - figure 2 days on it. Arriving in TN on Weds evening or Thursday AM.
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche

  8. #8
    FABIOX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deilenberger View Post
    I'm leaving NJ on Monday, and wandering down souf.. will be doing BRP for most of it's length - figure 2 days on it. Arriving in TN on Weds evening or Thursday AM.
    nice.....maybe we can share the route ? what is BRP?

  9. #9
    BUBBAZANETTI
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiox View Post
    nice.....maybe we can share the route ? what is BRP?
    blue ridge parkway

    i might be leaving sat, sun or mon, not sure yet, gonna take the whole week off, so it's a toss up, guess it might depend on what kind of luggage i get for the new bike.

  10. #10
    FABIOX
    Guest
    dude you must to be kidding me http://www.exploreasheville.com/index.aspx
    Looks beautiful ! yeah !
    BubbaZanetti describe your riding style, be specific please.

    airhead or oilhead? that is my question??? which one should i ride?

    ciao for now

  11. #11
    Rally Rat nytrashman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    westchester co. NY
    Posts
    646
    i am north of NYC in Westchester County and will be heading down on Tuesday, July 15th and will arrive in Johnson City Wed. the 16th. i'm gonna ride I-84 west into PA and pick up I-81 south until Front Royal VA where i'll hop on Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway. i'll ride the BRP until Roanoke VA where i'll get back on the slab and head into JC.

  12. #12
    SNOONE
    Guest
    Me, but I haven't figured out my work schedule yet.. Would love to hook up though with someone when I know

  13. #13
    univers zero tessler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,999
    I'm in the same boat as Snoone, with the exception that I'd like to leave a week earlier and visit my family in South Carolina. I'm fairly sure that scenario guarantees me a solo outbound trip.

    Fabio and NYTrashman, try to make it down to the EAR Inn down in Soho on a Tuesday night (riders usually arrive @ 6:30-7:00pm). Would be great to meet and have a beer before the rally.

  14. #14
    BUBBAZANETTI
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tessler View Post
    Fabio and NYTrashman, try to make it down to the EAR Inn down in Soho on a Tuesday night (riders usually arrive @ 6:30-7:00pm). Would be great to meet and have a beer before the rally.
    great idea. i'm planning on being there next week if the weather's good!

    as far as my riding style is concerned, aggressive but sane. my riding style to johnson city? it'll be more subdued, i think i'll be 2 up with a bunch of gear.

  15. #15
    Addicted to curves azgman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    i am north of NYC in Westchester County and will be heading down on Tuesday, July 15th and will arrive in Johnson City Wed. the 16th. i'm gonna ride I-84 west into PA and pick up I-81 south until Front Royal VA where i'll hop on Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway. i'll ride the BRP until Roanoke VA where i'll get back on the slab and head into JC.
    I think you are looking at the 2008 calendar...

    If you leave on the 15th you will be a day late for a Tuesday departure.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •